Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Like any other trade, it doesn't matter who Sydney would prefer, Warner would pick a club and thats where he goes.

Now, that's not ruling WC out, but they need to get Warner to pick WC, not Sydney
If Warner's want is to go back home and West Coast offer same or more $$$
then he gets what he wants. " If he wants to go home is whats most important to him "

The Lure of an extra $200k a year over 7-8 years would be convincing imo

then he gets what he wants. " If he wants to go home is whats most important to him "

From what I've seen over the last couple of years, when Fremantle have a player coming the player requests a trade back to WA and when West Coast have a player that player specifically nominates West Coast in the media.

I would think the same happens here and it's the most respectful option for Sydney too because they do deserve to get the best value for their player.

When Tim Kelly came over the trade price for him was about the most it could be, Jackson was priced about the same as West Coasts' best pick.

So if it were Freo then I'd expect Sydney would get the value of West Coast's first pick for two years straight out of Fremantle in total.

I think the Jordan Dawson trade sets the precedent here. A mid-late first will get this done.

Freo might be generous and give the best of their three first rounders.

Do you expect Corey Warner to be at Sydney beyond 2025?

Ashton is easily the smallest of the three, small enough that he may not get drafted at all.
Ashton Warner Height 171CM Weight 66Kg
He could still grow 3-4 cm which is not that bad Prestia & Bolton are 175/176 and Liam Baker is only 173cm
Pickett & Daniels are both 171cm

If he is good enough he will get drafted it just may be a later pick

Ashton Warner Height 171CM Weight 66Kg
He could still grow 3-4 cm which is not that bad Prestia & Bolton are 175/176 and Liam Baker is only 173cm
Pickett & Daniels are both 171cm

If he is good enough he will get drafted it just may be a later pick

There are a lot of ifs there and I'll note that in the list of names you've provided 40% of them were overlooked in their draft year.

Ashton would want to be one of the best kicks in the draft, maybe have elite speed or agility along with a fantastic 2km time trial.

I remember a young man named Jed Hagan who was going to be the next #1 pick playing with men when he was barely a teenager - but he too never grew to full six footer.

Michael Walters is the shortest player on Freo's list and he is 5cm taller than Ashton. It's quite a way to go for him.

There are a lot of ifs there and I'll note that in the list of names you've provided 40% of them were overlooked in their draft year.

Ashton would want to be one of the best kicks in the draft, maybe have elite speed or agility along with a fantastic 2km time trial.

I remember a young man named Jed Hagan who was going to be the next #1 pick playing with men when he was barely a teenager - but he too never grew to full six footer.

Michael Walters is the shortest player on Freo's list and he is 5cm taller than Ashton. It's quite a way to go for him.
Or the eagles / Freo just draft him to make the CHAD happy

Yeah, if (and I'm sorry Swans dudes for talking about it so much like it's a sure thing) he wants to head back to WA, I'm sure WC will be in it up to their eyeballs - they'd be crazy not to BUT, as per every trade, once he picks a team, that's where he ends up and Sydney have no say really.

The only exception being obviously if still in contract then Swans can rightfully refuse to trade him.

Freo will have sufficient capital to get something done if they are confident he wants to join thisnyear or next. We made finals and could pay for Jackson, not going to be any different here

Without getting into petty trolling, personally I just can't see him moving. Regardless of what they say, the players know each other's intentions, how much they ate on etc. The swans have locked away everyone on long term deals. Blakey, florent, mccartin,papley, rowbottom, Hayward, gulden etc. To get this done the players like blakey and gulden who could have commanded top dollar on the market would have had to take hair cuts. There's no way they'd all sign long term with minimum fuss if they knew one of the core players (warner) was gonna hold out for more coin or bail severely denting their chances of success.

They are an extremely tight knit Unit ( yes I know he went to daycare with Jeremy sharp) I think the media cycle saw an opportunity to create a storm in a team cup and generate clicks. Wa player goes home for 3 days to celebrate birthday amids God like form. It was a no brainer for the media.

I could be wrong and he could very well request a move but personally just can't see it happening in the foreseeable future

Serious question - If this was the case then wouldn't Warner have already re-signed (at or below market value) with everyone else? And not actively put contract talks on hold?

Potentially.
But Ashton hasn’t seemed to come on as expected, and how much longer will Corey remain on a list?

Corey is decent and was getting games before his injury this year.

I imagine he will be extended at this rate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious question - If this was the case then wouldn't Warner have already re-signed (at or below market value) with everyone else? And not actively put contract talks on hold?

Our other players who have all signed have extended in their contract years.

Gulden, Rowbottom, Florent, Hayward were all extended this year and out of contract this year (similar with Mills, Heeney and Papley in previous years).

The only player who has extended in recent times when they weren't out of contract was Blakey, who signed on last last season when he would have been out of contract this year.

Think Warner from a financial perspective is playing his cards well here, the last CBA increase was massive and there should be another in 27 that details could come out about next year.

Yeah, if (and I'm sorry Swans dudes for talking about it so much like it's a sure thing) he wants to head back to WA, I'm sure WC will be in it up to their eyeballs - they'd be crazy not to BUT, as per every trade, once he picks a team, that's where he ends up and Sydney have no say really.

The only exception being obviously if still in contract then Swans can rightfully refuse to trade him.

Freo will have sufficient capital to get something done if they are confident he wants to join thisnyear or next. We made finals and could pay for Jackson, not going to be any different here
If the Dockers have good direction from Chad's manager that he will come and Freo are his team of choice
It would be extremely wise to move 1 of the 1st rounders into 2025 to a team like Geelong or a club that has potential to miss the 8 in 2025

Im thinking Freo are going to need a top 5 pick plus a later 1st rounder to satisfy Syd a Knee

If the Dockers have good direction from Chad's manager that he will come and Freo are his team of choice
It would be extremely wise to move 1 of the 1st rounders into 2025 to a team like Geelong or a club that has potential to miss the 8 in 2025

Im thinking Freo are going to need a top 5 pick plus a later 1st rounder to satisfy Syd a Knee
I agree they'll move one to next year if that's how it looks, I disagree they'll need a top 5 pick to satisfy them. If out of contract, it's stiff bickies so long as it's not insulting

IMO I think any chat about potential trade price from Freo is largely irrelevant. We don't tend to play silly buggers with big ticket trades these days. Assuming he did want to land at Freo at some stage of his career, I'm sure we'd cough up more than enough, either year, to satisfy Sydney from a neutral persons perspective (ie. nuffie takes from either fan base excluded).

IMO I think any chat about potential trade price from Freo is largely irrelevant. We don't tend to play silly buggers with big ticket trades these days. Assuming he did want to land at Freo at some stage of his career, I'm sure we'd cough up more than enough, either year, to satisfy Sydney from a neutral persons perspective (ie. nuffie takes from either fan base excluded).

Swans are like that too. When we want a player we are quite willing to pay a fair value. We also don't over ask when a team wants one of our players. We want fair value, we don't want to be ripped off, but we are not delusional in our demands like a certain man from Essendon.

I don't think Sydney will get close to value for Warner, not because they will be stiffed at the trade table but because they won't be able to turn the picks etc traded for him into a replacement of him. His playing performances for the next ten years will be worth more than the sum of the picks that bought him.

Meanwhile the team trading the picks will select the best possible players ever taken at those selections and take that as the value of the Warner trade.

Consider Luke Jackson. Three picks traded for him, Jefferson, Windsor and half of Tholstrup. At the time of the trade it was looking like being #13, #13 and #32.

This is why I would hope Sydney have a big fish on the way they want to trade for.

Pretty sure you were the one that brought Darcy into the discussion?
I just got here.

I was replying to your comment to another Geelong poster on whether or not Darcy to Geelong is on or not.

It's been rumoured for years, and it's as unlikely to happen now as it ever would have been.

Both in terms of our investment in young rucks, and the fact he's on a 6(?) year deal and appears more than happy at Freo.

It won't happen, and I don't know why it was in this thread to begin with tbh...so I was just clearing that up.

The Anchors of Fremantle are rising all around me.
Wallsy the purple army is behind you
Be brave be brave be brave

We still believe
We still believe
We still believe

He's coming home, He’s coming home,
He’s coming Warners coming home
He's coming home, He's coming home
He's coming Warners coming home

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad