Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree they'll move one to next year if that's how it looks, I disagree they'll need a top 5 pick to satisfy them. If out of contract, it's stiff bickies so long as it's not insulting
Well lets use Cerra as an example and the trade Fremantle asked for then multiply that by 1.5 as Chad Warner is a far far better player than Cerra.

If we even get a sniff he may request a trade, I would expect the Swans to throw a mountain of cash at Brayshaw who is also OOC so if a trade stalemate is on the cards, there is leverage both ways….
I doubt he would get to Sydney

If Brayshaw even considered the move it would be back to melbourne and there would be more suiters ready to pay alot more cash than Sydney could afford

If we even get a sniff he may request a trade, I would expect the Swans to throw a mountain of cash at Brayshaw who is also OOC so if a trade stalemate is on the cards, there is leverage both ways….

Brayshaw is also a restricted free agent in 2025, so you can throw bulk money at Brayshaw, trigger band one compensation and then we send you that pick for Warner if we are rubbish next year.

Brayshaw should be contracted until end of 2032 by the time Santa arrives this year.

Well lets use Cerra as an example and the trade Fremantle asked for then multiply that by 1.5 as Chad Warner is a far far better player than Cerra.
And 50 times the player of Weller, guess no one can ever trade for him

If he wants to leave sure you can trade for him but your comment about not needing a top 5 seems strange
Im sure if Serong wanted to come home you would expect the same
I would expect a lot, I would understand we aren't getting proper value. Potentially 3 teens pick for an out of contract player if not fair, is going to be accepted at the end of the day. Out of contract players pick where they want and get there basically every time

If he wants to leave sure you can trade for him but your comment about not needing a top 5 seems strange
Im sure if Serong wanted to come home you would expect the same

Snuff is rightly suggesting that when a player requests a trade that team can only bring what it has to the table.

Luke Jackson was traded at the time for two picks in the teens and a pick in the thirties, but for Freo having a poor season in 2023 there would be no top ten pick involved for him either because Freo didn't have one.

The most important element of any deal in AFL trade period is the signature and intent of the player consenting to be transferred to the new club.

I think Freo could trade two of their firsts, maybe three with something coming back to a side in the bottom five to get hold of a top five pick, then trade that with their future first for Warner.

Consider:

Freo trade: #10, #13 & #15 to West Coast for #3 and #23

Then #3 and F1 to Sydney for Warner, #23 to Richmond for Baker (that's all Freo had)
Think we’d just trade #3 and F1 to the Swans for the Chad and #23 to the Tigers for Baker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think we’d just trade #3 and F1 to the Swans for the Chad and #23 to the Tigers for Baker.

You see the point about the consent of the player being the most important aspect because you're spot on, WC should do that if they can get both players on board.

You see the point about the consent of the player being the most important aspect because you're spot on, WC should do that if they can get both players on board.
If Chad is on the move freo cant get anywhere near Eagles cash as well as after career specials

If Im Chad im going to the Eagles as he is only 23 and if he gets a medal this year or next Eagles will be improving and he has 10 years left

I do. You guys going to pay for Corey as well? I actually think him and Corey will ask for a trade back to WA at the end of next year but not nominate a specific team. Sydney will be well compensated.

If Chad is on the move freo cant get anywhere near Eagles cash as well as after career specials

If Im Chad im going to the Eagles as he is only 23 and if he gets a medal this year or next Eagles will be improving and he has 10 years left

I think WC could set themselves up with Chad as a set and forget addition to their squad for ten years.

And #3 and a F1 is THE best deal the Swans will get for Warner in trade ever. It only goes down next season.

But if the player doesn't want to go there then it doesn't matter how much the clubs want to deal. Hence why the player is the biggest fish to win, the rest will sort itself out with what they have.

I know the Eagles have a history of trading contracted ruck/fwds (Callum Sinclair) for out of contract small mids but I wouldn't think Williams should be traded for Baker given how much has rested on his shoulders and how little opportunity there has been for him to play that fwd ruck role.

Not unless WC also bring in English.

Could be a huge loss off-season for the Eagles with: Baker, Warner, Warner, English (has he extended yet?) and maybe even McDonald

I think WC could set themselves up with Chad as a set and forget addition to their squad for ten years.

And #3 and a F1 is THE best deal the Swans will get for Warner in trade ever. It only goes down next season.

But if the player doesn't want to go there then it doesn't matter how much the clubs want to deal. Hence why the player is the biggest fish to win, the rest will sort itself out with what they have.
Yes BUT

The Eagles have all the cash both on field and off field to entice Warner
He will be a super star on and off the field and will be very well looked after for after football

My Money would be on the eagles if he decided to move

I know the Eagles have a history of trading contracted ruck/fwds (Callum Sinclair) for out of contract small mids but I wouldn't think Williams should be traded given how much has rested on his shoulders and how little opportunity there has been for him to play that fwd ruck role.

Not unless WC also bring in English
I would trade him in a heartbeat. Good player but we are stacked for tall forwards and have plenty of project rucks and ruck/forwards. Surplus to requirements IMO. If Swans wanted him as let of The Chad deal we can work that out too.

Yes BUT

The Eagles have all the cash both on field and off field to entice Warner
He will be a super star on and off the field and will be very well looked after for after football

My Money would be on the eagles if he decided to move
If it was all about money, North would be pulling in players every off season

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back