Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes BUT

The Eagles have all the cash both on field and off field to entice Warner
He will be a super star on and off the field and will be very well looked after for after football

My Money would be on the eagles if he decided to move
The off field opportunities is at least a valid point, but imo the idea that West Coast would pay significantly more than Freo in terms of contract is a bit silly.

Without knowing the numbers (because nobody does), I'd grant that if you were to ask "Which club is better placed to pay him 2 mil a season?", the answer is probably West Coast. But as good as Chad is, he ain't getting paid that, and in reality I would think it's safe to say the offers won't differ much. And judging by how we handled contracts of role players in 2022 when we got Jackson and were chasing Angus Brayshaw, if offering a truckload to Chad involved letting guys Freo don't rate walk, we're letting them walk.

If anything, Freo have shown far more willingness to throw the ridiculously long contracts at the players they really want. If you were to ask me which club is more likely to hand him a ridiculous contract that goes to like 2034, I'd answer Freo.

Yep.

Your three first rounders aren’t fantastic picks either.

Think Collingwood, Port and Freo won’t finish below 6th on the ladder.

Assuming ladder positions of 2, 4 and 6, they are picks 13, 15 and 17. That’s before any free agency compo or NGA/FS bidding.

Gold Coast and Brisbane will have 2 players in the top 5 that will be bid on. And Carlton have three players that may attract interest from the middle of the first round.

There’s a good chance these picks could be as low as 18, 20 and 22 when it comes turn to pick on draft night.

For a guy like Warner, there’s no doubt you’d hand these picks over in a heartbeat.

Now if only they could trade them for a top three pick. They may need to add their future first for a club with one to bite.

If that offer was taken it'd also leave us with 5 first rounders, we don't have the list spaces for that many picks. Some serious trading or packaging would need to be done to make it worthwhile.

Moot point anyway

If Chad is on the move freo cant get anywhere near Eagles cash as well as after career specials

If Im Chad im going to the Eagles as he is only 23 and if he gets a medal this year or next Eagles will be improving and he has 10 years left

Imagine the damage Reid and Warner could do in the same midfield.... actually don't. Bad idea

Big crowds, flags every 12 years, gets to play beside the only guy in the comp with more fend offs than himself, there's a few other things
Sure (though our crowds are pretty awesome as well), main point was still that its not all money. I think WC are as much a chance as us, just don't think money is the be all and end all - especially when he's going to earn shitloads regardless

It would a special moment in the Gold Coast Suns/Fremantle Dockers situationship if Jeremy Sharp, picked up as a rookie after being delisted by the Suns and is now a best twenty two player, was the personal relationship with Chad Warner that has him prefer Fremantle for a move home.

It would a special moment in the Gold Coast Suns/Fremantle Dockers situationship if Jeremy Sharp, picked up as a rookie after being delisted by the Suns and is now a best twenty two player, was the personal relationship with Chad Warner that has him prefer Fremantle for a move home.
Yeah or he chooses WC because he's an Old Aquinian so want's to play alongside Yeo (Fyfe will probs be gone) and is a massive Justin Langer fan!
So many connections😂

The off field opportunities is at least a valid point, but imo the idea that West Coast would pay significantly more than Freo in terms of contract is a bit silly.

Without knowing the numbers (because nobody does), I'd grant that if you were to ask "Which club is better placed to pay him 2 mil a season?", the answer is probably West Coast. But as good as Chad is, he ain't getting paid that, and in reality I would think it's safe to say the offers won't differ much. And judging by how we handled contracts of role players in 2022 when we got Jackson and were chasing Angus Brayshaw, if offering a truckload to Chad involved letting guys Freo don't rate walk, we're letting them walk.

If anything, Freo have shown far more willingness to throw the ridiculously long contracts at the players they really want. If you were to ask me which club is more likely to hand him a ridiculous contract that goes to like 2034, I'd answer Freo.
The eagles just this year alone would be lucky to pay 95% of the cap and the same would apply to 23'
With more retirements to come to well paid players end of 2024

I would say they would easily be able to pay 4-5 mil front end contract and manage a 1.5mil x 7 year deal easily
dont believe Fremantle would be able to go that high with the players you have on the list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah or he chooses WC because he's an Old Aquinian so want's to play alongside Yeo (Fyfe will probs be gone) and is a massive Justin Langer fan!
So many connections😂
Yeo is the only Aquinean. Freo has Fyfe and Sharp, and Yeo wont be around for as long as Sharp. Using that logic is silly when you consider Chad played with Sharp, Jackson and Walker. Chad and Jez are here in the same winning team (front row). He is friends with Sharp and his gf is from country WA.

Aquinas.jpeg

Yeo is the only Aquinean. Freo has Fyfe and Sharp, and Yeo wont be around for as long as Sharp. Using that logic is silly when you consider Chad played with Sharp, Jackson and Walker. Chad and Jez are here in the same winning team (front row). He is friends with Sharp and his gf is from country WA.

View attachment 2018622
Luke Jackson went to a private school?!

So many connections😂

Does Langer have fans ?.

Being around Aquinians ?, maybe he wants to upgrade away from the Mt Henry set.

Did Dogga go to school ?. I thought he’d only just got his papers from the dog agility course.
I have no doubts as to whether or not he went to school. I only have doubts that he graduated.

Last edited:
half your supporters will be pushing up daises by then, 2030 still 6 years away and boy wonder himself will be at Essendon in 2 years
Potential loss of ownership of a hungry jacks franchise a real possibility tho, among other things
Oh well.
At least we'll have our premierships to reminisce about.

Yeah offering Darcey a seven year contract is ridiculous.Are you going to offload him to stump up the money?

Yeah offering Darcey a seven year contract is ridiculous.Are you going to offload him to stump up the money?
Just about every source that has spoken on cap situations this year is saying we've got a lot of cap space. You can see this just by how many names we've been linked to. Granted, some of them (Cameron and probably Bolton) seem like total bs, but we threw a hail mary offer at Gulden that was never gonna work, chased McDonald and are now pretending we didn't want him anyways (granted Treacy emerging means it may be for the best), and are obviously after Baker. That's not the actions of a club counting pennies coz Sean Darcy signed a contract and then got a few leg ouchies.

Besides, with Darcy the real pain would be the later years: for now it's not a pressing issue unless his run of injuries turns into a pattern and the new norm. The guys who will be first to be offloaded are the current already excess of inside mids we have even without Chad. Brodie in particular should be offloaded even if Chad Warner is about as likely to play in purple as David Warner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back