Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Just about every source that has spoken on cap situations this year is saying we've got a lot of cap space. You can see this just by how many names we've been linked to. Granted, some of them (Cameron and probably Bolton) seem like total bs, but we threw a hail mary offer at Gulden that was never gonna work, chased McDonald and are now pretending we didn't want him anyways (granted Treacy emerging means it may be for the best), and are obviously after Baker. That's not the actions of a club counting pennies coz Sean Darcy signed a contract and then got a few leg ouchies.

Besides, with Darcy the real pain would be the later years: for now it's not a pressing issue unless his run of injuries turns into a pattern and the new norm. The guys who will be first to be offloaded are the current already excess of inside mids we have even without Chad. Brodie in particular should be offloaded even if Chad Warner is about as likely to play in purple as David Warner.
if it's only a money thing i still think the eagles are way out in front. All the high paid players are coming to the end of their careers and very few on the list who deserve a huge pay rise at the moment

So current rumor is Freo have offered a 6 year 10 mill deal (so like 1.65 mill a year) . Freo will look to trade 2 of this years first rounders out for draft picks in 2025 and basically go to Sydney with a offer od 3 top 20 picks in 2025 + 2026 1st rounder for Warner

Feel like it will be a race between Freo and Sydney. Id expect Sydney cant get even close to matching that financial offer so would expect he goes. Would be turning down a good 5 mill if he stayed at Sydney in all reality

So current rumor is Freo have offered a 6 year 10 mill deal (so like 1.65 mill a year) . Freo will look to trade 2 of this years first rounders out for draft picks in 2025 and basically go to Sydney with a offer od 3 top 20 picks in 2025 + 2026 1st rounder for Warner

Feel like it will be a race between Freo and Sydney. Id expect Sydney cant get even close to matching that financial offer so would expect he goes. Would be turning down a good 5 mill if he stayed at Sydney in all reality
That article is nothing but guesswork though. Happy to keep being linked in some way however

If the dockers have been given indication by the Chads manager that its happening then Freo must move atleast 1 and probably 2 picks this year into 2025.

This is going to be a very expensive trade if warner decides he wants to move and the number posted above wouldnt be too far off the required $$$ to move him and sydney to let him go but they will be asking for 2 top 10 draft picks and 1 will need to be early. 3 x late 1st wont get it done but freo have the chance to get it done

Trade 2 picks into next year and use the 3rd pick at the draft along with the St Kilda 2nd

If the dockers have been given indication by the Chads manager that its happening then Freo must move atleast 1 and probably 2 picks this year into 2025.

This is going to be a very expensive trade if warner decides he wants to move and the number posted above wouldnt be too far off the required $$$ to move him and sydney to let him go but they will be asking for 2 top 10 draft picks and 1 will need to be early. 3 x late 1st wont get it done but freo have the chance to get it done

Trade 2 picks into next year and use the 3rd pick at the draft along with the St Kilda 2nd
The Freo's 2 earliest firsts and their 2nd swapped with our next year for our future first may benefit both teams.

Still leaves them with a first this year for Baker and 2 firsts for the Chad next year

The article doesn't say Freo are offering that. A journo created it as a hypothetical scenario

The Freo's 2 earliest firsts and their 2nd swapped with our next year for our future first may benefit both teams.

Still leaves them with a first this year for Baker and 2 firsts for the Chad next year
Bakers not going anywhere

West Coast wont help Freo get Warner and they will be putting their hat into the Warner ring as well
Eagles will have a top 3 pick which trumps 3 mid-late picks ever day of the week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and it means they wont be taking Bolton or Baker?

if it's only a money thing i still think the eagles are way out in front. All the high paid players are coming to the end of their careers and very few on the list who deserve a huge pay rise at the moment
I think Freo have specifically been after Warner for a long time because of his genuine links to Freo. I don't think he is particularly home sick, and he would be offered similar coin all across Australia.

Did Dogga go to school ?. I thought he’d only just got his papers from the dog agility course.
Jackson's older brother Zac has a Masters in Architecture, so there is some decent IQ in the Jackson DNA.

Hard to believe, even with Jackson, Sharp, Warner, Walker and Rivers playing in the same side, EF colts missed out on playing finals that year from memory.

West Coast wont help Freo get Warner and they will be putting their hat into the Warner ring as well
Eagles will have a top 3 pick which trumps 3 mid-late picks ever day of the week
If the trade suited us enough(overs) and we are convinced that we arent going to get Warner to come due to his links/friendships with freo, I could see us doing some business.
Going by recent trade attempts, future picks arent worth that much anymore and id like to think we are still looking at splitting picks and trying to get more first rounders in

Lots of smoke around this one, many (but not all) of the risk factors are there if you are a Swans fan - Mrs from WA, rumours of a big contract at an up and coming side, mates at the club, and the old ‘we will think about it when the time comes but I love the club’ line.

No doubt he loves the Swans and has good mates there too, but the media will be pouring the fuel on the longer it goes.

Personally whilst I’d love to get him, can’t lose if we keep the 3 first rounders either.

Lots of smoke around this one, many (but not all) of the risk factors are there if you are a Swans fan - Mrs from WA, rumours of a big contract at an up and coming side, mates at the club, and the old ‘we will think about it when the time comes but I love the club’ line.

No doubt he loves the Swans and has good mates there too, but the media will be pouring the fuel on the longer it goes.

Personally whilst I’d love to get him, can’t lose if we keep the 3 first rounders either.
I think there are two possible options here.
If Swans win the flag, he asks for a trade at the end of the year.

If Swans don't win the flag, he stays another year to try for a Sydney flag.

This is what I get, reading between the lines, of Chad's statements.

Sydney Flag, then 2 first for Chad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back