Challenging the big guns

Remove this Banner Ad

saintkildaman

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 1, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
I never thought I was any special, and I still dont, even though I have matched it with the top ranked on Xbox and Ross freakish son.

I think there is an easy way to challenge the big guns. That is defensive pressure. All I try to is tackle, tackle, tackle. Never let them opposition get constant space, otherwise they will score.

Simply do that and it will be a lot easier to win games, and challenge the big guns

I never thought I was any special, and I still dont, even though I have matched it with the top ranked on Xbox and Ross freakish son.

I think there is an easy way to challenge the big guns. That is defensive pressure. All I try to is tackle, tackle, tackle. Never let them opposition get constant space, otherwise they will score.

Simply do that and it will be a lot easier to win games, and challenge the big guns
'tis true, but I find mastering the bump, fend works

Another good tip is to keep your cool, because i notice when i panic i handball to the opposition under pressure, where lately i've been keeping my cool and finding the spare man which releases another and another.

is it key to master to know how to pass to a person 1on1, if ur player is in front of the man hold it less, if he is side by side just kick it to him and spoil? if he is behind the defender kick it long and hope he runs on to it?

is it key to master to know how to pass to a person 1on1, if ur player is in front of the man hold it less, if he is side by side just kick it to him and spoil?I tend to spoli unless i am with someone with a big advantage, or has great marking skills (Riewoldt, Kosi) if he is behind the defender kick it long and hope he runs on to it? Yeah, that can work a treat. Another great way to find space is to draw in the opposition play and smilpy kick/handball to the free man. Best play in the game IMO

Hope that helps you out buddy

Another thing. If you mark inside 50, number 1 priority should be have a shot. Dont dick around with it.

That is generally when I lose. I just muck around trying to play on and kick miraculous goals from the boundary. Never works. :p But then when I realized I am 4 goals down at 3/4 time. And I actually don't muck around, I generally score.

'tis true, but I find mastering the bump, fend works
Yeah the fend works pretty good when attacking, if you get past the opposing player then another players man will run towards you freeing him up, so on and so on. then it frees your other men up and hanpassing is lots easier to link together:cool:

I was about to beat MaKaVeLLii or whaever his name is, number 1 ranked on PSN, but then the bastard quit because I came back from 5 goals down and got in front with 3 minutes left.

Quick kicks whenever you pick up the ball in a contest has been successful for me.

I'll try that then, this time hopefully I'll win the tackle count. (Haven't won it yet).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oi saintkildaman, i think i may have figured out a way through your pressure.. when you kept tackling you were flooding the ball, all i had to do was get a quick kick out and i was in the clear, i don't know how to prevent this but if you can you would dominate me lol.:D

Yeah, i changed to Collingwood to prevent, as the were more attacking so if the ball was uncontested I would get it, finds out it doesnt work. Have to try something different. Shame we dont get XP for these.

Just won 123 - 19 on Amateur mode, I tried my guts out chasing guys down and putting pressure on them. (5 minutes).
Except I lost the tackle count - 58-92, I must suck really bad at applying pressure.
Won disposal count - 134 to 88 though.

The reason you lost the tackle count is probably because you had all the ball, so you couldnt get the chance to tackle them. Good start.

Ask mick malthouse or Ross Lyon saintkildaman. They will come up with a game plan to beat these big guns. Be sure to send your tapes :D.

Something, I've worked out. (If you win the ruck contest, which I hardly win - no matter who the player is) Normally there is a player on the defensive side of the circle by himself. Just tap it to him, and try to get a quick kick forward before you get tackled. Most of the time, it goes to space and you just run onto it.

Something, I've worked out. (If you win the ruck contest, which I hardly win - no matter who the player is) Normally there is a player on the defensive side of the circle by himself. Just tap it to him, and try to get a quick kick forward before you get tackled. Most of the time, it goes to space and you just run onto it.

The set up around the ruck contest changes every time. The one you described is the easiest to get the kick away with though.

Sadly that is true, still trying to figure out other ways to get around it.

Just gotta tinker with your midfield tactics, what way you tap/punch, and where you are in the circle. Its not too hard to get the hang of it, just a bit of trial and error at each situation.

so is there a bug/tip to win the tap outs, in a normal game i win say 70 percent of the ruck knocks but playing this guy who was the swans with mumford i was the cats with ottens and i didnt win one centre square tap out, also there was a bug where there was no opposition players in the centre square except for the ruckman, is it perhaps just my lag that is sometimes hard to notice on the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Challenging the big guns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back