Preview Changes and Preview for Gather Round v Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goldstein & Draper is not a combo we want to go up against with Finlayson in ruck for any time at all. Either Dixon rucks or we play 2. Or we get smashed for clearances for 10+ minutes each qtr and lose

And shitzenfest can suck my balls

I know they're trying to preserve Dixon and not ruck him, but at 33, for what? So he can kick 19.34 for the season and we crash out in finals?

His most valuable role is as a forward/second ruck. Not only is he our best second ruck option, but it also means we change our forward setup mid-game when he rucks, which probably gives us the best chance to score.

At this point, if we seriously think we're in flag contention this year, play him in that role. If he gets injured, so be it.
Its a microcosm of the entire club. Risk averse and scared.

Soldo has already shown that he can win a clearance, take a mark & kick a goal, while still providing a contest in the ruck.

Sweet on the other hand wins far more hit outs, but falls short in all the other categories. Hit outs are the most meaningless stats in the game, unless you can convert them into clearances.

Dante is tracking to be better then both.
I think Dante is nowhere near Sweet or Soldo at the moment, sadly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now all he needs to do is win a hitout
He would have to actually compete first. Nothing says loser attitude more than not even competing at centre bounces. Infuriates me. I have no opinion on sweet either way as I have not seen him at the level. But I know Finlayson sucks

Set and forget Hinkley..... why can't you spend more time on it, maybe it's mental too, maybe having someone at the club every week throughout the year could be a worthwhile idea?

"We have spent a lot of time on our goalkicking," Hinkley said. "Sometimes, it takes a little while to transfer. There will be games we will kick really well, I am sure. We can't spend any more time on it."

I don’t usually agree with Ken, but this is fair enough. There’s only so much time you can spend on single issues, especially when every three months, a person is torn to pieces by a crocodile in north Queensland

didn't we win a flag with 2 rucks I'm pretty confused by the staunch opposition to this, we've been crying out for more big men, we're complimenting the stars with proper KPPs, isn't that what we need, less versatile Hoff/Finlayson types
Brogan was an elite drop back/intercept mark ruckman. The best we've had in our time. Lade was not just a great around the ground ruck, but he could actually play as a genuine forward in his prime when forward line pressure wasn't as important. As Lade's career progressed, high rotations became a thing in the late 00's, and his inability to chase up ground ball became more prevalent due to the changing game, his ability to play forward and as a 2nd ruck disappeared leading to him being phased out and retiring. The next time we had a ruck that had that ability to play forward was Ryder but even that didn't work. It's just clear that the modern game requires a 2nd ruck that has some extreme agility. Dixon for us would be absolutely perfect as 2nd ruck if he wasn't made of glass. Sweet, a guy that doesn't have any ground game, and barely any marking game, isn't going to work better than those we've tried. Maybe if the bench expands to 5 we could do it, but wouldn't see it happening in the games current form given the type of players our 2 rucks are.

Goldstein & Draper is not a combo we want to go up against with Finlayson in ruck for any time at all. Either Dixon rucks or we play 2. Or we get smashed for clearances for 10+ minutes each qtr and lose

And shitzenfest can suck my balls
To be honest, if you actually look at our record against the Bombers, pretty sure the last time Finlayson went up against Draper, Jez was BOG with 25 and 2.

So Mitch in for Evans by the looks. Finlayson wont be dropped. JHF probably for Wines. No Sweet thankfully.

Importantly no acceptance that last weekends result was anything other than just some bad conversion. We had 1 in every 5 I50's ending in goals. They had 1 in 3. They nearly scored every second time going in, and we're about once every 3 times. Forget conversion, they are also scoring there far too easily. Lets talk about how easily they transitioned end to end. How about some of the clanger moments from our players and the focus on the basics. He just lives in this week to week mediocrity bubble, lacking any perspective of reality.
Evans knows where the sticks are and is one of our best kicks at goal; he was dropped last year after kicking three and again after bagging four.

Where he is yet to play out a four quarter game: after injuries last week he was finally given a full game but then promptly subbed off.
No doubt he will be omitted again where McEntee, who can’t mark overhead has a golden pass and would not get a game at another club, continues to be an automatic selectioed.

To be honest, if you actually look at our record against the Bombers, pretty sure the last time Finlayson went up against Draper, Jez was BOG with 25 and 2.

When was that?

Last year Teakle rucked against Essendon at Adelaide Oval and in the return game at the MCG Andrew Phillips had 33 hitouts to Finlayson's 7 and nearly won them the game at the end when Finlayson wouldn't compete at the bounce. That was the bizarre Visentini debut game.

When was that?

Last year Teakle rucked against Essendon at Adelaide Oval and in the return game at the MCG Andrew Phillips had 33 hitouts to Finlayson's 7 and nearly won them the game at the end when Finlayson wouldn't compete at the bounce. That was the bizarre Visentini debut game.
It was also this game. IMG_2065.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back