Preview Changes for the Prelim v Port Adelaide - Sat @7:40

Remove this Banner Ad

What a shame there has been no VFL. Martin should have 3 weeks of games under his belt by now. He would either be absolutely primed or cooked.

Also, dogs fitness staff have always backed themselves in with players being ready to play after injury. What has changed?

What a shame there has been no VFL. Martin should have 3 weeks of games under his belt by now. He would either be absolutely primed or cooked.

Also, dogs fitness staff have always backed themselves in with players being ready to play after injury. What has changed?
Didn’t he play in a scratch match fairly recently? Half of it anyway.

Think he played 90 minutes few weeks back

He did, but it was a scratch match with Sydney with only limited numbers per side. Both teams were heading into finals as well.

Not a full team, fully committed, competitive hit out. Not like what a VFL finals game woukd have been

He did, but it was a scratch match with Sydney with only limited numbers per side. Both teams were heading into finals as well.

Not a full team, fully committed, competitive hit out. Not like what a VFL finals game woukd have been
I know. I was just answering the question

I highly doubt he gets selected

Exactly. When asked for a tip, Lyon barely missed a beat before saying Port, could hardly wait to get it out. Total campaigner as usual towards us. He's the reason part of me wants Melbourne to lose and part of me wants them to win and then suffer a heartbreaking GF loss.
I'm ambivalent regarding Melbourne. Like you, would love to see them get over the Cats. We'd face them if we won, and no question I'd support us.

But, if we lose, I'm sorta 50/50. As much as I'd love Melbourne to break their drought, I identify with Port more. I think it was 2004, I was taken to Port's home ground, and given a tour. Warren Tredrea was doing gut running. 400s, and geez, they are hard. One after the other.

Anyways, back to identifying with Port more than Melbourne: they are a working-class club, like us. For all their history and success, they are working class to the bone, and the rivalry between them and a team like Adelaide draws that out even more. I recall they were stopped from becoming the first SA club in their own right (did Collingwood have something to do with that?), and should have been, but a cobbled-up 'club' with zero history took their place as the first. I can understand the animosity between the two clubs.

Port are a working-class team, like us, and so I'll barrack for them if they beat us this week. Against the Range-Rover driving dentists and their trophy wives, ski-chalet-dwelling toffs with the silver spoon in their mouths and children at private schools (have I fleshed out the stereotype enough?).

Note: Not really serious. Just a bit.

Last edited:
I'm ambivalent regarding Melbourne. Like you, would love to see them get over the Cats. We'd face them if we won, and no question I'd support us.

But, if we lose, I'm sorta 50/50. As much as I'd love Melbourne to break their drought, I identify with Port more. I think it was 2004, I was taken to Port's home ground, and given a tour. Warren Tredrea was doing gut running. 400s, and geez, they are hard. One after the other.

Anyways, back to identifying with Port more than Melbourne: they are a working-class club, like us. For all their history and success, they are working class to the bone, and the rivalry between them and a team like Adelaide draws that out even more. I recall they were stopped from becoming the first SA club in their own right (did Collingwood have something to do with that?), and should have been, but a cobbled-up 'club' with zero history took their place as the first. I can understand the animosity between the two clubs.

Port are a working-class team, like us, and so I'll barrack for them if they beat us this week. Against the Range-Rover driving dentists and their trophy wives, ski-chalet-dwelling toffs with the silver spoon in their mouths and children at private schools (have I fleshed out the stereotype enough?).

I like this post mate. I’m a massive port man and I hope we win obviously this week but if not I really really hope you lot go on to win it

6 weeks ago I had you blokes as certainties for the flag and I think you are slowly getting back to that form.

I won’t say good luck this week but if you get up good luck in the GF. I have a lot of respect for Bevo and the way your mob plays.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If Bont and Martin are fit to play Bevo will keep everyone guessing up to the last minute and say they will need to pass late tests just like he did with Caleb last week. Might have worked because Caleb was critical to our win and Brisbane may have done a little less planning to negate him. Not sure if we get any extra advantage this week but does not hurt keeping them guessing as long as possible.

I like this post mate. I’m a massive port man and I hope we win obviously this week but if not I really really hope you lot go on to win it

6 weeks ago I had you blokes as certainties for the flag and I think you are slowly getting back to that form.

I won’t say good luck this week but if you get up good luck in the GF. I have a lot of respect for Bevo and the way your mob plays.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Back atcha, Arsene.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. Will be going for the winner of our prelim regardless.

If Bont and Martin are fit to play Bevo will keep everyone guessing up to the last minute and say they will need to pass late tests just like he did with Caleb last week. Might have worked because Caleb was critical to our win and Brisbane may have done a little less planning to negate him. Not sure if we get any extra advantage this week but does not hurt keeping them guessing as long as possible.
Did we ever find out what was wrong with Caleb, if anything?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes for the Prelim v Port Adelaide - Sat @7:40

Remove this Banner Ad

Back