Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Qualifying Final vs. Geelong, Sat 03/09, 4:35pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then put the cue in the rack, pushed the rack over and burnt the pub down. :rolleyes:

This is the thing though.

We already had form getting rolled at the end of the game (Eagles for instance). Choking.

Since then, we've put together as strong a body of work in the area of doing the precise opposite of choking as one could possibly imagine.

We simply won't lose to the Cats the way we did the last time we played them. It's inconceivable.

Which is not to say that we won't lose.

But it won't go down the way it did last time.

They're going to have to find another way to beat us

This is the thing though.

We already had form getting rolled at the end of the game (Eagles for instance). Choking.

Since then, we've put together as strong a body of work in the area of doing the precise opposite of choking as one could possibly imagine.

We simply won't lose to the Cats the way we did the last time we played them. It's inconceivable.

Which is not to say that we won't lose.

But it won't go down the way it did last time.

They're going to have to find another way to beat us
Selwood go full duck mode, Hawkins more pushes in the back, Cameron kick 6 out of his arse

Was at a function tonight with some Geelong fans. They are very confident. Other fans there too were also confident about Geelong.

I felt like, as a Pies fan, I was being patronised. A bit like ‘you guys have been fantastic’ but now the real footy starts.

Ok. We’ll see about that.

Just like over the course of this season, the boys will let their footy do the talking next week.

We've been told how shit we are for weeks now, i fcukin love it.

So pumped for next week. We match up well on the Cats. Bring it on.

You add the Cats' recent record in the first week of finals to our recent record in close finishes, and if they aren't winning by at least six goals at three quarter time, their inner doubts will get the better of them, I reckon

We are the underdogs

We have nothing to lose

Go pies
Nice try 😬 can’t play the under dog card going in as Minor Premiers.

Truthfully hoping for a good game either way but Cats win then rest of Footy World will say told you so.

Pies win, everyone will just say won’t win the next one.

Quietly, I worry about coming up against Cats than any other team.

Nice try 😬 can’t play the under dog card going in as Minor Premiers.

Truthfully hoping for a good game either way but Cats win then rest of Footy World will say told you so.

Pies win, everyone will just say won’t win the next one.

Quietly, I worry about coming up against Cats than any other team.
Pablo barracks for us dude.

'I had a front row seat to that prick!' referring to standing the mark for Sheed's winning goal in 2018. Seemed almost out of character for Cox to call him 'that prick' though he immediately apologised. He certainly doesn't hold back describing what playing in big games means to him. It's so easy to go on a ride with his enthusiasm for his final's experience. Really inspiring listening to the man. I'd probably have preferred he didn't refer to the premiership medal as a 'trinket'. Hopefully he is going to be a bit of an x factor this year sharing first ruck.
Lovely posts TGG. Mason has that x factor, that attribute to lift on emotion that so suits the pies with there great supporter fleet. He is an exciting player.
Eddie is a wonderful personality. Like many I believe some bad choices were made & disappointing his departure did not do justice to his legacy but time will heal that.

Who gets the sub role? I’m leaning towards Freddy, can provide cover forward/back and ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macrae based on form.
Henry based on x-factor and ability to kick goals. Kreuger if we want key position.
Carmichael if we want a mid/forward.

Carmichael for mine.
We need that one extra inside mid alongside Adams coming back. Carmichael or Macrae. Flip the coin. I’m leaning towards Carmichael also , love to see Henry come in for Hoskin Elliott, not going to happen thou .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back