Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Qualifying Final vs. Geelong, Sat 03/09, 4:35pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sure, but the final fitness assessment was not done until today, was it not?
But if he had broken a bone in the hand why would we not have been told on Monday? Can't think of much else that would have prevented him being selected - other than the fact that others have gone past him and he was never going to be an emergency.

But if he had broken a bone in the hand why would we not have been told on Monday? Can't think of much else that would have prevented him being selected - other than the fact that others have gone past him and he was never going to be an emergency.
I don’t think he’s necessarily broken his hand, but I do think impeded him to the degree of being unable to play

Just looking at our lineup v cats.
I just don’t rate their team as much as most in the media.
Call me biased, but our team looks fairly balanced.
Cameron is their game winner, just stop him and the game is ours.

Camerons Hammy to go twang at the 17th minute mark of the 2nd quarter

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just looking at our lineup v cats.
I just don’t rate their team as much as most in the media.
Call me biased, but our team looks fairly balanced.
Cameron is their game winner, just stop him and the game is ours.
Reckon they’ll start Danger in forward line too.

So happy that Tigers are out. Whoever loses tomorrow night is going to pump Brisbane next week. Let's send Cats into a semi and hopefully Freo eliminate the Dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe as the medi sub, but without the fitness to run out a game and a high turnover rate he’s more a liability at this stage.

Carmichael would have been a good medi-sub. Remember the Essendon game kicking two goals. Carmichael has the ability to make something out of nothing be it a high difficulty kick or a goal. They're those moments that can win games and not everyone has the vision or execution for them. Bring him in fresh and he has the opportunity to do that.

I take the turn over thing but that's typically after winning first possession and trying to clear the contest with a dinky kick. Those are already 50/50 contests that become another 50/50 contest, still in reach of pressure. It's not the same as missing a target in open play or kicking it down the throat of the third man.

I really think our forward line is going to expose them on Saturday.

They rank last for Rebounds from their 50.

We apply pressure and they’ll crumble.

I think that stat has a lot to do with how well they control field position. That said I completely agree pressure will be key to winning.

I notice Team Daicos are named in both forward pockets.
I’d love it they started in those positions for the opening bounce.
Surely that’s gotta get ur opponent a little nervous, ultimate goal freaks.
Stuff it, do it fly!
Go pies.

I notice Team Daicos are named in both forward pockets.
I’d love it they started in those positions for the opening bounce.
Surely that’s gotta get ur opponent a little nervous, ultimate goal freaks.
Stuff it, do it fly!
Go pies.
Robbing Peter to pay Paul a bit though. Need both of them desperately further up ground IMO.

Originally I was thinking around 4 maybe 5 goal dub. After seeing the final teams announced I can’t help but feel a little disappointed. I’m thinking maybe a 7-8 goal victory now. Was hoping for another close game

Only positive is because we’re playing at 4:45 to give Geelong people plenty of time to get home should be able to find a nice spot on swan street afterwards for a feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back