Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 11 vs. Geelong, MCG Sat 29/05 @ 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before brown lined up for that shot my mind cast back to the Brisbane game... it’s bad that as a supporter, you’d be surprised if a professional player kicks a regulation goal with no degree of difficulty. Says it all.
I honestly would have been more confident if his sister Tarni was lining up for goal.

I’m clearly in the minority again, but I didn’t think Tyler was that bad. He was extremely clean and creative in close... which is incredibly rare in our side. He also had a game high 28 pressure acts. Yes he didn’t do much at all in link up chains and needs to find a lot more of the ball to be a long term fixture, but I do think his sibling taints perception of him sometimes.... Callum was really, really poor... again.

I’m clearly in the minority again, but I didn’t think Tyler was that bad. He was extremely clean and creative in close... which is incredibly rare in our side. He also had a game high 28 pressure acts. Yes he didn’t do much at all in link up chains and needs to find a lot more of the ball to be a long term fixture, but I do think his sibling taints perception of him sometimes.... Callum was really, really poor... again.
I'm with you re: Tyler, I'd stick with him in there now

B Quaynor Roughead Murphy
HB Maynard Moore Crisp
C WHE Adams Poulter
HF Sidebottom De Goey McCreery
F Noble Cox Mihocek
R Grundy Pendlebury Daicos
INT Mayne Bianco T Brown Kelly

If anything I think Callum makes Tyler look better than he is. You can't take a spot as an inside mid and only collect 13 possesions. I'm also not seeing this cleanliness he looks to make a hot potato hand pass and put someone else under pressure.

The problem with Tyler is "he wasn't terrible" is the best we ever say about him.

He is never going to become a good AFL midfielder, and there's no where else on the ground he can play.

Before brown lined up for that shot my mind cast back to the Brisbane game... it’s bad that as a supporter, you’d be surprised if a professional player kicks a regulation goal with no degree of difficulty. Says it all.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

When I saw C Brown Lining up I had no Confidence at all in him

The problem with Tyler is "he wasn't terrible" is the best we ever say about him.

He is never going to become a good AFL midfielder, and there's no where else on the ground he can play.

I disagree, I think he has had plenty of good games, although I agree he has never had ‘great’ games. But we have no other emerging inside midfielders, so it’s a choice between investing in a young player with some good attributes, or going back to our 2018 midfield that is well past its best. I’d prefer the former.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

T.Brown I can give some leeway to as he's still young and inexperienced and there's scope to improve. So at this stage you just need to look for signs rather than consistency, and he is showing some. Made some big tackles today, other weeks had some good clearances by hand and other weeks impacted strongly in the air.

C.Brown is a 23yo 60 gamer and should be coming into his prime. And the issue is that this is his prime. Just no upside.

His frame strikes me more of half back flanker Hes just going to be an average floater.

It has worked OK in the past, can't see how Cox in the goal square would have been worse than de Goey was today.
Or CAMERON what did he do ...goals.....?? What.... He is a going to be .....
Compare Cox and him ... Another Buckley love child..

Outs: JT, B1 and B2
Ins: Murphy, anybody and anybody

Though I'm expecting no changes, because we almost beat a top 4 side, and Bucks will ramble all week about "intent"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back