Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 16 vs. Gold Coast, HBS Sat 01/07, 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
JDG back
N.Daicos to spend more time in there
McCreery introduced as point of difference ..speed & power, esp. when we're getting run over

Only one of Mitch or Adams at any one time

Lipinski given zero CS minutes if he refuses to tackle
I'd say only one of Mitch, Adams and Pendles.

I think we've struggled around the ground also, especially today. I'm thinking Jordy and sidey will make a difference but we need to fix it
Around the ground, we seem to kick a lot of goals from stoppage and don't concede many. We even scored a couple of goals from centre clearances today. I didn't think today was much of an issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After reading some of these comments only reinforces why it's a wise choice not to read game day commentary. You'd think we didn't play well, it was an awful game & we lost.

On the contrary, it was a highly entertaining game watching 2 sides who play a very similar style. The pressure from both was amazing.

So wondering if Bruzzy is injured, hopefully not. We have two good options, Bianco who’s nearly winning the VFL B&F he’s playing that well and Ryan who had a breakout game yesterday and looked every bit the HB Flanker we hoped for, plus we get the Mullet.

So wondering if Bruzzy is injured, hopefully not. We have two good options, Bianco who’s nearly winning the VFL B&F he’s playing that well and Ryan who had a breakout game yesterday and looked every bit the HB Flanker we hoped for, plus we get the Mullet.

No way Maynard misses next week, was just winded.

A lot of you are stuck on the old positional play when it comes to our backline. Apart from the 6,6and 6 it’s a rolling zone type back 6 with the main point to be able to release Moore for interceptions. That’s why we won’t generally have Frampton in with todays group unless there’s an injury. Is it a good way to go, well I’m not fly or Leppa so I’ll trust them. It’s yet to really bite us too badly.
Btw anyone asking for Murphy to dropped must be a lunatic, his manic desperation at every contest is inspiring. He does lack a little size but that’s we we drop off other players to help.

A lot of you are stuck on the old positional play when it comes to our backline. Apart from the 6,6and 6 it’s a rolling zone type back 6 with the main point to be able to release Moore for interceptions. That’s why we won’t generally have Frampton in with todays group unless there’s an injury. Is it a good way to go, well I’m not fly or Leppa so I’ll trust them. It’s yet to really bite us too badly.
Btw anyone asking for Murphy to dropped must be a lunatic, his manic desperation at every contest is inspiring. He does lack a little size but that’s we we drop off other players to help.
Some supporters have an obsession with wanting to drop multiple players after each match. It's insane. If an injured player comes back in, fine. If a different role player is required for next week's opponent, fine. But dropping someone because they made an error or two or had a slightly off game is not Fly's way. Thank goodness. And there's absolutely no way Murphy would be getting dropped.

Some supporters have an obsession with wanting to drop multiple players after each match. It's insane. If an injured player comes back in, fine. If a different role player is required for next week's opponent, fine. But dropping someone because they made an error or two or had a slightly off game is not Fly's way. Thank goodness. And there's absolutely no way Murphy would be getting dropped.

I mean Fly has dropped guys like Mcinnes and Ginnivan after poor games so that's not really true.

I mean Fly has dropped guys like Mcinnes and Ginnivan after poor games so that's not really true.
Neither of those players have been regular 22 players this year. And generally those 2 in particular have made their way into the team due to a regular 22 player being injured and consequently omitted when a regular 22 player returns from injury.

TBH you take out Pendlebury. They ran off him so easily and he can't keep up.

Adding De Goey back and Steele on the outside coming in should help a bit

Not sure why Pendlebury spends any time in there at all. He can still play, but doesn’t have the pace or explosive power needed Now. Wing or flanks is where he should be.

Neither of those players have been regular 22 players this year. And generally those 2 in particular have made their way into the team due to a regular 22 player being injured and consequently omitted when a regular 22 player returns from injury.
We have had a regular 22 player return in Howe. I think it's Murphy or Frampton who will make way. Today it was Frampton. It might be Murphy next time. Murphy has been brilliant defensively, but he doesn't offer anything in the other direction and isn't a great match up on the really big guys. I suspect he'll get the nod when it matters, but also think we'll give Frampton another run at some stage as Port and Brissy have difficult match ups for Murphy with very tall talls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back