Preview Changes & Preview - Ports vs Carlton Round 12 Thursday May 30th @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most teams limp into September. We had a fair few banged up blokes in 2004, Wilson's shoulder was hanging by a thread, Ladey had stress fractures in his back and there were quite few other struggling with niggles and Brisbane were even worse than us.

I don't think it was a major reason why we failed in finals last year. We stuffed it up in other years when our list has been healthier.
JsUC9rI0VfyHi93MBU.webp

Rozee has never been one of those guys that plays well with little niggles. When he's come back from injury it usually takes him a week or two to find form. He's not a workhorse type, he needs full confidence in his body to perform at his best. He'll be all but invisible if he plays

Evans might be slow, but he does put his head over the ball & knows where the goals are. Narkle however, is more vanilla than Burton, & will be delisted at the end of the year.

With wet conditions likely, I would go:

Evans for Rioli
Williams for Rozee

I’m not sure what’s going on with Williams, maybe the opposition have worked him out & isolate him 1-1 down back to exploit his lack of pace. It’s a shame, but he’d actually be a gun medium sized defender if he wasn’t so slow.
I like Williams and in the wet the lack of pace won't be as big a factor. My problem is in Long Donkey Port Adelaide team I have Bergman playing back and that then decreases spots more.

My Narkle in would only be in to be sub but Williams could play sub instead. Mead into Rozee midfield spot. I agree that both Narkle and Evans will be delisted.

Most teams limp into September. We had a fair few banged up blokes in 2004, Wilson's shoulder was hanging by a thread, Ladey had stress fractures in his back and there were quite few other struggling with niggles and Brisbane were even worse than us.

I don't think it was a major reason why we failed in finals last year. We stuffed it up in other years when our list has been healthier.
Our Full-Back, Centre Half Forward and Ruckman were shot to bits and could barely run from memory. Personally, I think it played a pretty big part in our finals failure.

I think it’s more head in the sand to think injury management was the reason we went out in straight sets. It played a part but not a huge part.

2021 we seemed healthy list wise, fresh from a week off and were playing a team that had been all over the country in recent weeks and locked up in hotels and were the raging underdog and they smashed us. But yeah playing a cooked Dixon and McKenzie in the finals in 2023 is why we failed?

Old mate said he wanted to manage players better this season in a presser then a month later the Rozee shemozzle happened when everyone this side of the universe said he shouldn't play.

There's no pats on the back for admitting obvious mistakes it's amatuer hour repeat offending rubbish.

A retired Geelong player questioning how Port manage seasons was the lightbulb moment for Donuts after 11 years of this shit supposedly then he plays Rozee lol.
Hey, Kenny's not a coward and he's has plenty of learnings.

Remember Marshall dead legged from jabs to the hip injury with a rubber leg kicking action? lol
Exactly
Dixon
Lycett
McKenzie
Marshall

were all so banged up the club couldn’t hide their injuries I shudder to think how bad the real situation was

Duursmas family said he came back too early once he was hurt

It’s a thing and it cost us I can’t understand how this isn’t inherently obvious

Yea all clubs have injuries but their capacity to
A) have adequate coverage (ie we played a cooked AF Jonas because we didn’t)
B) manage it through the year so people are available

GWS brought Coniglio back specially for this game if I remember right ie they timed his return if it was us the second he could stand up straight Ken would’ve jabbed him and rolled his limp form out to the centre

Last edited:
Old mate said he wanted to manage players better this season in a presser then a month later the Rozee shemozzle happened when everyone this side of the universe said he shouldn't play.

There's no pats on the back for admitting obvious mistakes it's amatuer hour repeat offending rubbish.

A retired Geelong player questioning how Port manage seasons was the lightbulb moment for Donuts after 11 years of this shit supposedly then he plays Rozee lol.
Spot on, he’s a massive repeat offender and has current form of playing injured players, mostly out of his own gain

Most clubs rest players against shit sides.. pointless playing rozee,absolutely nothing to gain and all to lose..

For ****sake Ken call it now don’t play him this week.

We need to be rotating our best players through the games leading up to finals. You should be able to cover for a player each game if you’re a genuine contender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realise that the SCAT6 (previously SCAT5) test is a subjective test and uses very little objective data to make a call as to whether or not a player has suffered a concussion?

One can postulate that because Lachie Jones was subbed out of said game with a migraine, that in and of itself can be enough evidence for a doctor to say (in addition to reviewing the footage) that he was concussed on the play.

The lack of objective measuring with concussion allows for doctors to have ample wiggle room to appease their superiors to ensure the players are available as much as possible.
Whenever I see a post or hear an opinion that begins with “You do realise … “ I read / listen no further.

It smacks of the arrogance used by politicians like Menzies, Fraser, et al. Desist, please.

Whenever I see a post or hear an opinion that begins with “You do realise … “ I read / listen no further.

It smacks of the arrogance used by politicians like Menzies, Fraser, et al. Desist, please.

This is rich from someone who has privately called me a turncoat.

Hey guys I have been on here a few times normally to support your right to wear whatever you seem fit.
Is it gonna be played in heavy rain? Both clubs with a few injuries and a couple of do we take the chance on these guys.
I see this as a crucial game towards both teams top 4 prospects.

Anyway I doubt its gonna be a game for silky skills,hopefully no umpiring controversies and Williamson is not umpiring #22.
Good luck for the rest of the season.

Cincotta will play on the wing for carlton and tag butters after the centre bounce. a bit like what liam shiels did to butters and jhf. he held Noah anderson to low 20 touches last week
He doesn't play wing and never has and hard tagged touk Miller last week. First week with that sort of job.

Good luck this week port people's hope there's a good turnout and and a good game.

Hey guys I have been on here a few times normally to support your right to wear whatever you seem fit.
Is it gonna be played in heavy rain? Both clubs with a few injuries and a couple of do we take the chance on these guys.
I see this as a crucial game towards both teams top 4 prospects.

Anyway I doubt its gonna be a game for silky skills,hopefully no umpiring controversies and Williamson is not umpiring #22.
Good luck for the rest of the season.

Shouldn't be heavy rain - there will be rain in the morning and early arvo on the day but the forecast on my phone says it'll be dry from the start of the game until around 9pm. Mind you, a bit of rain on Thursday combined with the cold evening will mean the surface will be very dewy, so it might as well be played as if it's a pure wet weather game anyway.

This is rich from someone who has privately called me a turncoat.
By far the most self-important poster on this board calling you arrogant did give me a laugh.

You do realise that left wing pollies occasionally start the lecture with 'we need to realise...' Oh no, now the ****ing American spell checker informs me that I should spell realise with a zee.

In case you had not guessed this was a test LR. :)

Can Hinkley not talk up the opposition for once.
Didn't he even have good things to say last week about a team that wins about as often as Essendon wins a final? If so, there's zero chance of him not speaking glowingly about the Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back