Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Round 19, 2024 vs Richmond @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wouldn't be the first trade-in to take time to find his groove & won't be the last. He's basically been a defender for 18 months which is fukc all time we have far bigger issues.
Ok.

So you are saying we have recruited him as a developing defender?
Why would we do this? He is experienced.
Would this be a good idea when we need a made to go defender? No.
Your post just proved the stupidity of this trade. We may as well develop a junior who has natural defensive reactions to the play. This will always have the better outcome.

Ok.

So you are saying we have recruited him as a developing defender?
Why would we do this? He is experienced.
Would this be a good idea when we need a made to go defender? No.
Your post just proved the stupidity of this trade. We may as well develop a junior who has natural defensive reactions to the play. This will always have the better outcome.
We are in this position because as you are aware we never draft first round KPD's, his experience is irrelevant he's only been a defender for a short period of time it's too early for me to put a line through it. He played a couple a good games earlier in the season I hope he can get back to it, but feel free to carry on like a moby he's the least of our problems.

So Esava and Dixon will get in George’s way?
Esava down back

Backs 27Esava Ratugolea 25Brandon Zerk-Thatcher 14Miles Bergman
Half Backs 43Logan Evans 21Aliir Aliir 5Dan Houston
Centre 10Travis Boak 16Ollie Wines 28Willem Drew
Half Forwards 33Darcy Byrne-Jones 19Mitch Georgiades 15Willie Rioli
Forwards 22Charlie Dixon 30Ollie Lord 1Connor Rozee
Followers 24Jordon Sweet 18Jason Horne-Francis 9Zak Butters
Interchange 44Jackson Mead 7Jase Burgoyne 42Quinton Narkle 31Francis Evans 23Dylan Williams
Emergencies 8Josh Sinn 41Jed McEntee 38Dante Visentini

DBJ has been poor recently, but he's had a good season overall.
I don’t think he’s an instinctive small forward. He was an all Australian defender in 2020 and a couple of years later Hinkley moved him forward. He’s played odd good games as a forward but there are parts to his game in that role that I think let him down

Do you even watch what he does? He has to be the most daft defender I have watched for the PAFC.

Esava & Aliir cannot play together, they’ve not gelled. I blame the defence coach.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

not sure how Ratugolea gets a game, Richmond does not have a big forward line.

unless he plays a second ruck, or there is an injury query with BZT or Aliir.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2024 era dixon, baby lord and esava as kfs would be pure comedy. Mitch’s defender would be laughing as Mitch’s teammates do his job for him. We really only should be playing one of those, and lord is the only one with a future in the position.
Georgiades is going to get murdered in a pack sandwiched between Dixon, Lord and Esava the way we deliver the ball forward.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

4 forced changes with injuries but probably not any worse off really. The ins are probably better overall.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t think he’s an instinctive small forward. He was an all Australian defender in 2020 and a couple of years later Hinkley moved him forward. He’s played odd good games as a forward but there are parts to his game in that role that I think let him down
I agree with this. He gets on the scoreboard when the defenders drop off him in a zone or the defender gets sucked into the play and DBJ parks himself about 40 out and waits for a short pass. He doesn't instinctively rove a ball from the pack but finds space. Not sure if this is a conceived tactic or not but it happens multiple times.

Don't know what this means in the Hinkley pressure game because if his opponent gets the ball he is not close to apply pressure. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back