Preview Changes R14 vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Think I mentioned this earlier in the year, but not sure Sanders can fit into our midfield with Libba or McCrae at this stage. He pretty much has to play as a half forward coming up to the stoppage which he isn't suited to.

Just saw on their thread, that apparently this is the sixth match up between the Bulldogs and Fremantle in the last 41 games.

In that same period, we have only played Adelaide once.

Has Rhylee West played in each one?

Some Canadian bloke can't count. Or he can, and he's just another part of a corrupt organisation. Either way, both Andrew Dillon and Laura Kane are f***wits.

I'd do this

In
Weightmen
Richards
Busslinger
Scott
Poulter

Out
McNeil
Daniel
Keath
Sanders
Lobb

I'd rather play O'Donnell as a 2nd ruck over Lobb. Lobb to be fair does seem a bit banged up, but is a bit of a pansy all the same. O'Donnell is a competitor which is something we could do with to change it up a bit. He has the athleticism to go with Jackson as well and could follow him when he moves into the ruck.

Busslinger won’t play. Being a WA boy they’d have announced it by now. Either they or they’ve told the family and asked them to keep it secret.

Also, Bont hasn’t trained this week apparently.
The bye can't come soon enough, alot of the boys are beat up. Looking forward to Darcy, Harmes and Coffield returning with Naughton not far behind.

Think I mentioned this earlier in the year, but not sure Sanders can fit into our midfield with Libba or McCrae at this stage. He pretty much has to play as a half forward coming up to the stoppage which he isn't suited to.

Much prefer to watch Sanders go through some growing pains than a declining Macrae.

My worry is he's been played out of position at AFL level and I'm not convinced that's the best thing for him or the team.

Think Libba should play a more of a tagging role, which will allow Sanders to focus on inside mid and getting the ball out.

Doubt that’ll ever happen though.

Buku got isolated by Freo last time & was targeted to great effect . If he’s played in defence I hope we have a better plan. The Freo forwards have the potential to get off the chain I now they have the blueprint .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buku got isolated by Freo last time & was targeted to great effect . If he’s played in defence I hope we have a better plan. The Freo forwards have the potential to get off the chain I now they have the blueprint .

No coincidence that their forward coach is Jaymie Graham

Their forward line is flying at the moment, quite the surprise given the doom and gloom pre season.

Amiss worries me. Too quick for our taller defenders except for JOD, and he's a natural footballer who will run JOD around to get him out of position

All for resting Bont this week by playing him solely forward.

Send JOD back to defence alongside Buss and Jones.

Marra, Lobb, Bont, Weightman & West should be able to kick a winning score.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nice little highlights video of Rhylee West

Baker and Poulter have their weaknesses, but they should be getting a game against Gallagher, who played his best three games of the season in the first four rounds and has been pretty woeful on average in the last five games he's played, with disposal efficiencies of 57%, 39%, 50%, 23% and 58% in those games.

We would have heard by now wouldn’t we?

May be he is selected tonight and videos etc released tomorrow at Captains run and Bevo's weekly presser (don't think he has had one this week) or Jedd is no fuss type don't want to make a big deal about it

Well that is what I am hoping for

Baker and Poulter have their weaknesses, but they should be getting a game against Gallagher, who played his best three games of the season in the first four rounds and has been pretty woeful on average in the last five games he's played, with disposal efficiencies of 57%, 39%, 50%, 23% and 58% in those games.
Gallagher provides something the other two can't. The ability to do everything at breaking speed, picking up the ball, bursting through, tackling, chasing, getting back in the defensive space, executing kicks and kicking goals. He has kicked goals by pace alone this year, an ability to arch the back take the game on. Granted he is not there yet and has a lot of improvement, but i don't believe he is getting dropped anytime soon because of the point of difference he offers our team.
If Baker or Poulter come in, its for Daniel who unfortunately does not have a role. He cant play the wing as good as those two (which is saying something).

Even if he was leaving, how is that a reason to not play him in the seniors? It makes zero sense. If he's best 22 you play him regardless of where he's gonna be next year.

Particularly considering Lobb already has his bags packed and is getting games…

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes R14 vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back