Preview Changes R16 vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

When: Saturday 29 June 2024 • 1:45 PM (AEST)
Where: Marvel Stadium (Away game)

Last 5:
North (84) v Dogs (105)
Dogs (139) v North (71)
North (71)
v Dogs (108)
North (39) v Dogs (167)
Dogs (87) v North (38)

In's for the Dogs:
Looks like we'll get a few players back from both injury and suspension, Sam Darcy will be available for selection, and if recovery goes well, we will also get back Nick Coffield & James Harmes. Aaron Naughton could also be a potential in but with a heavy MCL injury It's not something I'd personally risk until we are 100% sure he is right, our forward line will function perfectly fine with a mix of Darcy, Lobb & JUH as the talls with English / Bont roaming through and a mixture of West, Weightman and VDM as the smalls. Eventually we will need to make room for Naughton but I don't think this will be the game for that.

Arguments could be made for Coffield to come straight back into the back-line for potentially Buku, whilst I really do like Buku as a player he is often finding himself out of position, something I think Coffield does alot better at. Not sure if the lack of game time will see him return through the VFL or not. I have no idea where we could fit Harmes in, maybe as a sub for this game as Caleb Daniels form still leaves alot to be desired.

For me its:
Out: Buku, Scott, Caleb
In: Coffield, Darcy, Harmes (Sub)

Agree with your outs. Also give Gallagher a couple of weeks in the vfl. Ins: Garcia, Darcy, Harmes and Bus (it’s time!). Coffield needs a couple of games in the vfl and give Naughton another week.

As good as Lobb was I don’t think he’s earned immunity, and we know he’s inconsistent. I’d probably still lean towards dropping him for Darcy and going 2 talls + Cody

See Coffield as mkre of a Freijah type and therefore may need to have a couple runs through the VFL before coming back.

Naughton needs another week.

So only Darcy and Harmes to come back. Think Scott and probably Daniel out of the side altogether this week to accomodate.

Would love to swap Busslinger for Khamis but probably not this week considering already some changes and a big win.

I think Naughton needs atleast one more week off maybe two. Coffield will alo return via the VFL. Harmes should be right to go and should come straight in.
Scott goes down to sub.

OUT: Khamis, Gallagher, Daniel
In: Busslinger, Harmes, Darcy
I like these changes. I don't think we can keep carrying Gallagher when we're an actual shot at making finals.

Coffield probably comes in via the VFL. I would bring Buss in for Buku instead.

Harmes is straight back in once he's ready, I like Gags but he's probably due a spell. Harmes would be more influential taking his midfield minutes.

Scott is an ideal sub so he's out of the 22 for Darcy and pushes Daniel out of the sub role.

In: Darcy, Harmes
Out: Scott, CD

The week off will do wonders for a youngster like Gallagher, so he stays in for me. Long term Lobb will need to make way, yet gets another week.

Daniel was the sub so who would take over that role?

Scott or Gallagher imo.

Scott honestly looked like he was struggling to keep up though, in a game where nearly the whole team looked a million bucks.

And Gallagher probably won’t cop the demotion given his two goals but his position appears to be a lot safer than it should be given his overall form.

Caleb may just retain the sub position. Could be Harmes if we wanted to ease him back in. Baker another option, I’m no fan but he does tick a couple of boxes when thinking about subs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Naughton and Darcy coming back in, I just can't see us making many other changes to a team that won by 70pts.

I think it'll be Out: Buku, Scott and Lobb, In: Naughton, Darcy and one of Harmes (if fit) or Garcia.

Not that we should be taking them lightly but I think they’ll give Naughton an extra week with Darcy returning.

In: Darcy, Harmes
Out: Scott, Gallagher

Spots are going to become incredibly hot again.

The only changes i need is Darcy and Naughton in

go full tall forward line

Kick it on their heads everytime
The four headed monster
Kimmy Gibbler Netflix GIF by Fuller House

I think Khamis played OK no one is really pressing to displace him after that win. He did some good stuff. I think a few people here are fantasising about Coffield. He definitely needs to come back through the VFL after all the injuries he has had. St Kilda basically gave him to us. There are reasons why you give away a former top 10 selection like that. They were otherwise going to delist him and we took him on as a longshot. I think he needs a good 4 or so VFLmatches to see if his body holds up.

I think Khamis played OK no one is really pressing to displace him after that win. He did some good stuff. I think a few people here are fantasising about Coffield. He definitely needs to come back through the VFL after all the injuries he has had. St Kilda basically gave him to us. There are reasons why you give away a former top 10 selection like that. They were otherwise going to delist him and we took him on as a longshot. I think he needs a good 4 or so VFLmatches to see if his body holds up.

Buss deserves a chance, but I don't think Buku did anything to get dropped.

I agree with this. Khamis still made mistakes and I'm not convinced but I could see him working on his weaknesses. Hopefully he is able to do what the coaches need him to do to hold his spot in the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes R16 vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back