Preview Changes: R4 2021 vs North Melbourne

What will the AFC do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

My prediction:

Out: Sloane, Lynch
In: Hately, Fogarty

Certainly not out of the question that Worrell sneaks in for a “managed” Doedee or Hamill, but with the Sloane and Lynch injuries, I’d suggest this gets put on ice for at least another week.

I'd bet that if Lynch is even 25% fit, we will try to get him up for the game - to keep that experience level.
Problem is that last week it looked like he couldn't run, so if it's any worse it's going to be a big problem.

I'd definitely be keen to see Fog play in a hybrid mid/forward role. Can only happen if Lynch is out though.

Pedlar can't even be considered yet. He needs to play SANFL for a few weeks at least.

Hately needs to find a level of desperation yet IMHO. Jones needs to find form.

I'm sure the thinking will be to bring in a mid and not cause too many problems for the rest of the team, so I'd expect Hately or Jones.

I hope they think outside the box a little and bring Worrell in and move someone else around. More midfield time for Berry and Schoenberg would be good.

Underrated post
"Port Adelaide invented chaos ball back in 1870, but they didn't call it chaos ball back then. It was onion ball, onions being plentifully back then. So much so the original Port Adelaide uniform included an onion tied to the pantaloons"

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes it was, you see him grimacing when it happened and pretty sure I saw the Doc on the sidelines looking at it when he came off, those watching live would know better than I.
Wow. OK. I was there but didn't see it.
Poor bugger. Finally gets back to top form and this happens.

How is Sloane even going to be able to walk around when he is 60? His body has been smashed.

Whatever that means
I did say Sloane's injury was obviously a bit different but DIDN'T detract from the overall problem of the past few years
An injury is an injury and you can't use this to distract from the point that most of them appear to be club mismanagement
But you go for it cos you're so better .

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Did your dog write this post for you?

Wow. OK. I was there but didn't see it.
Poor bugger. Finally gets back to top form and this happens.

How is Sloane even going to be able to walk around when he is 60? His body has been smashed.
Did you watch Making Their Mark. At one point he peels off a list of injuries he's had over the years. :eek::eek::eek:

4 weeks for a detatched retina?...

wishful thinking?...

guy I work with had a detatched retina a couple of years back.. took him six to eight weeks to recover from the operation... and he wasnt subjecting his body, and thus his newly re-attached retina, to the rigours of AFL footy...

me thinks we might not see ol sloaney for a good while..

ohwell, silver linings, another opportunity for one of our youngsters to step up...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wishful thinking?...

guy I work with had a detatched retina a couple of years back.. took him six to eight weeks to recover from the operation... and he wasnt subjecting his body, and thus his newly re-attached retina, to the rigours of AFL footy...

ohwell, silver linings, another opportunity for one of our youngsters to step up...
I was thinking the same thing, although a quick google shows there are different types of detached retina, and different treatments. Let's hope that he recovers quickly and doesn't have any setbacks.

I was thinking the same thing, although a quick google shows there are different types of detached retina, and different treatments. Let's hope that he recovers quickly and doesn't have any setbacks.
Most people arent afforded the same treatments and recovery methods professional athletes are either.

I'd say 4 or 5 weeks.

wishful thinking?...

Lady I play netball with had a detached retina only missed one week and was back playing two weeks after the incident and was just an accurate goal shooter as before

wishful thinking?...

Yeah, its a shame to see injuries, but it does create great opportunities for younger players. God knows we’re not particularly good at creating opportunities without either injury, defection or retirement.

So a player gets a poke in the eye during the game that's down to the club?

Checked out other clubs early season injuries btw?
Retina awareness...

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R4 2021 vs North Melbourne

Back