Prediction Changes: Round 5 Vs Gold Coast Suns + Pre-match discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

B: Cox, Pearce, Walker

HB:, Young Ryan, Clark

C: , Wagner Serong Aish

HF: Walters, Jackson, Frederick

F: Schultz, Amiss, Switkowski

FOLL: Darcy, Brayshaw, Brodie

I/C: Johnson, Sturt, O'Meara, Banfield

Sub: Hughes
In Brodie, Wagner, Frederick, Sturt
Out Henry, Wilson, Taberner, O'Driscoll

Last edited:

Yeah, all things pointing to NOD missing this one.

My guess is Tabs and NOD out and Sturt and Brodie in (Aish to wing)
Well i think Aish should remain in the mid. Can't have Brodie and JOM in there together 😬

Wonder if JOM can play wing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Walker is dropped it will tell you all you need to know about these guys in the MC. He might get caught at times but it’s outweighed by his dare and dash. Probably the most exciting player on the list TBH

This oval at Norwood is pretty small apparently. A great spot for players that get caught HTB then 🫣

Rowell will be prowling around like a human meatball looking to inflict pain and tackle everything that moves.

If Walker is dropped it will tell you all you need to know about these guys in the MC. He might get caught at times but it’s outweighed by his dare and dash. Probably the most exciting player on the list TBH

This oval at Norwood is pretty small apparently. A great spot for players that get caught HTB then 🫣

Rowell will be prowling around like a human meatball looking to inflict pain and tackle everything that moves.
What about his defending he is there to defend the small fwds.

What about everyone else’s defending?
Pearce for example has had more goals kicked on him this year that I’ve had hot dinners, and after only 4 games. He’s also an absolute liability with ball in hand. At least Walker offers something in attack.
We have literally the most boring, un-exciting, risk free, unimaginative 22 in the entire comp (I’m deadly serious about that - name a more boring side in 2023?) and Walker, along with one or two others is at least capable of getting fans out of their seats every now and again.

Was likely going to be dropped anyway. Needs to get match fitness in the wafl.
I wouldn't have thought he would be dropped.
That is only assumption. He has played two games since returning. He is an integral part of the game plan.Big body, runs with the ball, breaks lines, kicks goals.
Something none of our existing wings do.
He would have played.

I would say he’s our best small defender and generally wear’s his man very closely. Yes beaten on the weekend, but Rankine is arguably the form small forward in the comp and Adelaide was walking it out of the middle. Good luck to anyone on Rankine in those circumstances

B: Cox, Pearce, Walker

HB:, Young Ryan, Clark

C: , Wagner Serong Aish

HF: Walters, Jackson, Frederick

F: Schultz, Amiss, Switkowski

FOLL: Darcy, Brayshaw, Brodie

I/C: Johnson, Sturt, O'Meara, Banfield

Sub: O'Driscoll
In Brodie, Wagner, Frederick, Sturt
Out Henry, Wilson, Taberner, Hughes
Pretty close I reckon, but NOD appears to be an out and Switta also a possible out. Hughes will play and I reckon Sturt is going to be the emergency unless Switta does not get up.

What about everyone else’s defending?
Pearce for example has had more goals kicked on him this year that I’ve had hot dinners, and after only 4 games. He’s also an absolute liability with ball in hand. At least Walker offers something in attack.
We have literally the most boring, un-exciting, risk free, unimaginative 22 in the entire comp (I’m deadly serious about that - name a more boring side in 2023?) and Walker, along with one or two others is at least capable of getting fans out of their seats every now and again.
What a load of shit the game plan is boring not the players, yeah Walters is boring, christ. I saw plenty of great footy last year don’t know wtf you were watching.

What a load of s**t the game plan is boring not the players, yeah Walters is boring, christ.
Walker, Walters, Frederick.
They are about the only players that get me excited watching them on our list. And let’s be honest Sonny is near the end of a great career and nothing like his peak.
If you named the top 50 most exciting players to watch in the AFL this year there wouldn’t be a freo player in the conversation. Every team has a couple of reasonably exciting players.
Combined with our god awful gameplan, we are the least watchable side in the comp right now.

Walker, Walters, Frederick.
They are about the only players that get me excited watching them on our list. And let’s be honest Sonny is near the end of a great career and nothing like his peak.
If you named the top 50 most exciting players to watch in the AFL this year there wouldn’t be a freo player in the conversation. Every team has a couple of reasonably exciting players.
Combined with our god awful gameplan, we are the least watchable side in the comp right now.
I'd add Jackson to that list

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes: Round 5 Vs Gold Coast Suns + Pre-match discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back