Changes v Carlton - IN: Tyson, Harmes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melksham wasn't that bad lol. I swear people hate him for the sake of doing so. Makes us sound like essendon supporters. If anything.. least he's good for a bit of biff! ;)

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I thought he was pretty terrible but I do have a pre-existing dislike for him. His unnecessary no-look handball that predictably missed the target didn't exactly win me over.

I thought he was pretty terrible but I do have a pre-existing dislike for him. His unnecessary no-look handball that predictably missed the target didn't exactly win me over.
Once the others learn how to read it coming.. it'll be genius!haha

Going by Vince's suspension, does that mean any intentional high tackle is a week suspension now, or is it just any intentional touching of the head off the ball? Wtf
I dunno but hatlett got just a fine for striking which is surely intentional contact to the head?

Farkin hell Bern...

Unfortunately he has no one to blame but himself. Hopefully Goody lets him know he's let down the team.

I'd like to see Kent and Tyson come in and Salem and Brayshaw to fill in the voids left by Smith and Vince in the back half.

#bringbackthebugg

Edit: hehehe forgot my thing .

OUT: Vince, Smith
IN: BUGG, Tyson/Whoever is fit (dk really)

Ugh Bern.

OUT: Smith, Vince
IN: Tyson, Hibberd/Frost/Wagner
I thought Hibberd was due back Round 3 earliest? Dunno where I read it but pretty sure it's true.,

Melksham wasn't that bad lol. I swear people hate him for the sake of doing so. Makes us sound like essendon supporters. If anything.. least he's good for a bit of biff! ;)

I agree, I thought Melksham was good. His efficiency was very high, he still had 20+ and his kicking has real penetration. Plus he put a bloody foot hit on that flog MAV Weller. Slowed him right up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was soft as butter, I'd bloody appeal that too.

Shouldn't even get a week for hitting an ump that hard let alone a flog St Kilda player
Just catching up on On The Couch now and got a good look at the replay, I think we'll appeal it based on the fact that, how is hitting a bloke with a bicep a strike? Stupid? absolutely, but to say that Casboult got a fine, and Varcoe got the same penalty is just ridiculous.

Just catching up on On The Couch now and got a good look at the replay, I think we'll appeal it based on the fact that, how is hitting a bloke with a bicep a strike? Stupid? absolutely, but to say that Casboult got a fine, and Varcoe got the same penalty is just ridiculous.
Oh, I also fast forwarded through the entirety of the John Worsfold interview, because I honestly couldn't handle any more of this Essendon rubbish.

It was soft as butter, I'd bloody appeal that too.

Shouldn't even get a week for hitting an ump that hard let alone a flog St Kilda player

It was soft as butter, but coming up against Carlton, not sure its worth risking the appeal? It's not like the AFL applies common sense to these situations, it just applies the flavour of the month, kind of like blue heaven syrup. I've always wondered what blue heaven flavour is meant to be derived from, its confusing and weird, but delicious. Kind of like the AFL's tribunal system and Bruce McAvaney combined.

It was soft as butter, but coming up against Carlton, not sure its worth risking the appeal? It's not like the AFL applies common sense to these situations, it just applies the flavour of the month, kind of like blue heaven syrup. I've always wondered what blue heaven flavour is meant to be derived from, its confusing and weird, but delicious. Kind of like the AFL's tribunal system and Bruce McAvaney combined.
It's vanilla/raspberry, and yes, it's amazing.

Bernie might have to earn his way back through the VFL.
Disagree. Just the victim of the MRP lotto. Had a brilliant game and will be a loss, but not a huge issue against Carlton. We'll beat them regardless unless we're switched off, and Bern is never going to be the barometer of this side. I'd like to keep Brayshaw and Salem in the midfield to continue their development, so I'd bring in Bugg to play Bernie's versatile role and stick with Frost for Smith.

Just going to throw this out from left field, what about Trengove as an inclusion? Could play the Vince role off the half-back. Is a good decision maker and user of the ball. Isn't quick as we know but neither is Vince. Does more tackling and pressure acts than Bernie too, however can't kick it as far.

Whoever suggested Salem drop back into the Bernie role, I like it. Still feel we need to bring in any of Hibberd/Frost/Wagner if they're fit but it solves the kicking issue and makes it easier to bring in Dom.

Think it might clean us up in the middle too, don't know how much of an impact Gus had deep in the guts. Would much rather see Viney/Tyson/Oliver early and Lewis as the 'break in case of emergency' option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back