Changes v Carlton - IN: Tyson, Harmes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I thought Melksham was good. His efficiency was very high, he still had 20+ and his kicking has real penetration. Plus he put a bloody foot hit on that flog MAV Weller. Slowed him right up.

He had 15 and he still got caught a few times. I said in the review thread I'm prepared to give him time as he hasn't played for 18 months but he would want to improve.

Sorta hoping Bernie cops the suspension so he plays his 200th against the Crows at AO.

He had 15 and he still got caught a few times. I said in the review thread I'm prepared to give him time as he hasn't played for 18 months but he would want to improve.

Sorta hoping Bernie cops the suspension so he plays his 200th against the Crows at AO.
He's ours now. I want to thank him.

He'll be at 80-odd by the end of the year, so happy he'll get a crack at 100 with the Dees.

It was soft as butter, but coming up against Carlton, not sure its worth risking the appeal? It's not like the AFL applies common sense to these situations, it just applies the flavour of the month, kind of like blue heaven syrup. I've always wondered what blue heaven flavour is meant to be derived from, its confusing and weird, but delicious. Kind of like the AFL's tribunal system and Bruce McAvaney combined.

It's not worth risking the 2 weeks probably but then out of principle I can't cop that either. There is no way anyone at any level should be missing a week for that
All he did was give him a smell of the deo he picked for the game

It's not worth risking the 2 weeks probably but then out of principle I can't cop that either. There is no way anyone at any level should be missing a week for that
All he did was give him a smell of the deo he picked for the game
I get the principle but we need him against the Cats.

Just catching up on On The Couch now and got a good look at the replay, I think we'll appeal it based on the fact that, how is hitting a bloke with a bicep a strike? Stupid? absolutely, but to say that Casboult got a fine, and Varcoe got the same penalty is just ridiculous.

I'm OK with soft penalties for them, bumps are apart of the game and just getting them wrong shouldn't be heavily punished..

Also think it's arrogant a little to think we don't need him against the blues. We haven't beat them yet
Oh I don't disagree, but I would rather have him miss against the Blues and face Geelong rather than risk him miss both.

Oh I don't disagree, but I would rather have him miss against the Blues and face Geelong rather than risk him miss both.

Someone much smarter than me probably takes that same view but then at what point do you not accept a bullshit decision

Just rewatched the footage, the Vince one is a pretty clear cut week for me. He lines him up and Membrey isn't even looking at him. The AFL is never going to look favourably on intentional hits to the head.

Yeah honestly don't see the point in appealing. Will never ever go our way.

Just going to throw this out from left field, what about Trengove as an inclusion? Could play the Vince role off the half-back. Is a good decision maker and user of the ball. Isn't quick as we know but neither is Vince. Does more tackling and pressure acts than Bernie too, however can't kick it as far.
No.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we collectively dump some money on Carlton.... say $20-50 each @ like $5? Then we either win this game I'm nervous at vs Carlton, or we completely tear the arse out of the bookies.
I'll put $5000 on any bookie silly enough to offer $5.

Melksham wasn't that bad lol. I swear people hate him for the sake of doing so. Makes us sound like essendon supporters. If anything.. least he's good for a bit of biff! ;)

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He didn't really do much, though. 16 touches (@ 93%, to be fair), 1 contested, 9 marks, 1 tackle, 4 frees given away, no inside 50s, no goals, no assists. If he was brought in for his occasionally brilliant kicking and service, there wasn't any evidence of it on the weekend. I'd rather have Kent in the side to provide a bit of spread, run and carry than Milkshakes.

He didn't really do much, though. 16 touches (@ 93%, to be fair), 1 contested, 9 marks, 1 tackle, 4 frees given away, no inside 50s, no goals, no assists. If he was brought in for his occasionally brilliant kicking and service, there wasn't any evidence of it on the weekend. I'd rather have Kent in the side to provide a bit of spread, run and carry than Milkshakes.

I'd keep him just for how much he pissed off that flog Weller.

I'd keep him just for how much he pissed off that flog Weller.

Probably the afternoon sun reflecting off that pasty exterior with the intensity of the glare from a car park full of windshields in the middle of summer. I imagine that'd be plenty irritating.

I'll take Kent and Frost (assuming the toe's better) for the two forced outs.

And Spencer for Watts.
We've already seen what the extra tall forward does to Carlton once this year and it has the added bonus of not having to put up with Watts' half-hearted attempts to make a contest or get to the ball carrier.

I'll take Kent and Frost (assuming the toe's better) for the two forced outs.

And Spencer for Watts.
We've already seen what the extra tall forward does to Carlton once this year and it has the added bonus of not having to put up with Watts' half-hearted attempts to make a contest or get to the ball carrier.

Firstly, I doubt Frost comes in as he will need at least a game in the VFL to get match fit. Also, Carlton doesn't have many talls up forward so I think we can get by with the two Mac brothers.

And Spencer for Watts? A huge part of our win against the Saints was our fast, mobile forward line. Watts only probably played a C+ game against the Saints but his C+ is vastly superior to Spencer's A+++ ... Plus I hope Goody backs Jack to get back to the footy he played last year, which hopefully happens soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back