Changes v Carlton - IN: Tyson, Harmes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A massive one. Watch the third quarter again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, he was excellent when he had his time in the guts I thought.

I was watching with my old man and mentioned when I saw him forward that I'd like him to get more time in the middle, but quickly realised with the amount of options we have to go through there, it's difficult to give him too much time ... first world problems really.

I think Harmes and Tyson will come in.

Harmes was apparently best on in the praccy match and he can defend, while Tyson had a million inside 50's and is a simialr player to Bernie, although will probably play a less defensive role with Lewis and Jones spending more time distributing at half back.

I think Harmes and Tyson will come in.

Harmes was apparently best on in the praccy match and he can defend, while Tyson had a million inside 50's and is a simialr player to Bernie, although will probably play a less defensive role with Lewis and Jones spending more time distributing at half back.

Harmes v Bugg is a tough call I reckon. Do you put more weight in Harmes playing really well in the VFL, or is Bugg ahead because he was the non-playing emergency?

I'm leaning towards Bugg for Carlton because he can defend if needed, but also play a run-with role if Gibbs or Murphy start carving us up.

Harmes v Bugg is a tough call I reckon. Do you put more weight in Harmes playing really well in the VFL, or is Bugg ahead because he was the non-playing emergency?

I'm leaning towards Bugg for Carlton because he can defend if needed, but also play a run-with role if Gibbs or Murphy start carving us up.
Good call, i basically forgot Bugg. He is probably a better lock down defender, which is more the gap we have. Definitely will be one or the other.

Gibbs smashed us last time and Murphy can't cop a tag so it would be good to have the flexibility to tag them.

Bring in Bugg to play a shut down roll on Gibbs. Viney to pay close attention to Murphy, and let Oliver go one on one with Cripps. These are the types of games we always lose. Our injury list is worrying. And with injury clouds over Gawn and Hogan, this game worries me more than the Saints tbh. This game has Essendon 2016 all over it. We should win and win it well, but they touched us up late last year, and have players like Kruezer, Gibbs and Cripps who have belted us lately. Cannot afford to drop this game if we want to make finals.

Last edited:
Harmes for Smith
Tyson for Vince

Harmes was best on and is match fit, he played quite well in defense last year too.

Tyson is best 22 and might be slightly underdone, but he's had three games and we'll be better with him in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goody has just about confirmed that Tyson will come in a presser this morn.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2017-03-30/gawn-hogan-given-all-clear-to-play

He was asked by the club media guy at 1:20 whether we'll see Kent, Harmes or Tyson coming in for the forced changes, Goody answers by saying they all look good in the VFL last week, all 3 will come in to consideration when the team's picked.

Then right after that answer, someone else asks specifically whether Tyson's done enough and the exact answer was "Yeah, he has. He's had a pretty big preparation now. He's had three games back so he's looking better and better every week and I thought his second half on the weekend was really solid,"

He's certainly in a strong position for a spot, but it seems like Kent and Harmes are too and maybe others.

Edit: I actually would have liked to have heard his thoughts on how far away blokes like Hibberd, Frost and Wagner are.

I wouldn't feel comfortable rushing Hibberd back this early, I'd rather give him one week at Casey.
tbh Hibberd playing in the VFL wouldn't do him any good, he's the type of player you bring straight back in
http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2017-03-30/gawn-hogan-given-all-clear-to-play

He was asked by the club media guy at 1:20 whether we'll see Kent, Harmes or Tyson coming in for the forced changes, Goody answers by saying they all look good in the VFL last week, all 3 will come in to consideration when the team's picked.

Then right after that answer, someone else asks specifically whether Tyson's done enough and the exact answer was "Yeah, he has. He's had a pretty big preparation now. He's had three games back so he's looking better and better every week and I thought his second half on the weekend was really solid,"

He's certainly in a strong position for a spot, but it seems like Kent and Harmes are too and maybe others.

Edit: I actually would have liked to have heard his thoughts on how far away blokes like Hibberd, Frost and Wagner are.
Thought Wags is still 3weeks away?

tbh Hibberd playing in the VFL wouldn't do him any good, he's the type of player you bring straight back in

Thought Wags is still 3weeks away?
Wagner is in full training as is Frost, only thing is they've had no match practice

I'll be disappointed if they omit ANB, especially after a good game. Guy needs a decent run at it, is always on the chopping block. Still only in his 3rd year. I only want forced changes this week.

IN: Tyson, Bugg
OUT: Smith (inj), Vince (susp)

Good point. What do you favour in the "everyday" category and the "good stuff" category?

In the everyday category Im happy to drink Johnny Red. Although, lately Ive been sampling different types of Rye, which I had never tried until recently and Ive been enjoying.

When it comes to good stuff I like the Glenlivet 18 yo. If its getting pricier than that I cant afford it :p

In the everyday category Im happy to drink Johnny Red. Although, lately Ive been sampling different types of Rye, which I had never tried until recently and Ive been enjoying.

When it comes to good stuff I like the Glenlivet 18 yo. If its getting pricier than that I cant afford it :p

Rye is interesting isn't it. Of the american brown likker freely available I'd say Woodford is my personal preference.

Tried Aberlour 12? Its about $60 and very drinkable. But Livet 18 is really nice too.

If you're not drinking $200+ scotch you shouldn't really be in the Melbourne forums.
I think there's a best pre-mix thread somewhere on the Magpies forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back