Preview Changes v Carlton - Rd 5, 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I read it as Skinner insurance if Aliir doesn't come up & Hayes insurance if Lycett doesn't.

Don't get excited is all I'm saying.
Precisely given the choice between playing two favourites despite one having one arm and the other one leg vs a promising young Ruck and a fully fit stop gap defender you better believe Ken is picking the injured blokes 10 times out of 10

We would have to have the worst record in the league for sending blokes with simply ****ed up bodies back out there week in week out

You just knew that Hayes won’t play.

And watch Aliir gets injured again because he’s not ready yet
I'm really worried about Aliir. He's coming back from syndesmosis after 4 weeks, which is usually an injury that takes up to 8 weeks to recover. There is no way he could be back to anywhere near 100%. If he has a poor game it's completely understandable as he'll be playing restricted.

Precisely given the choice between playing two favourites despite one having one arm and the other one leg vs a promising young Ruck and a fully fit stop gap defender you better believe Ken is picking the injured blokes 10 times out of 10

We would have to have the worst record in the league for sending blokes with simply f’ed up bodies back out there week in week out

Ken is one of those old school coaches that believes in playing through the pain. Somebody could have a torn achilles and he'd tell them to strap it up and stop being a soft ****. When the player has a poor game he'll deny responsibility and insist that they were up to it. I still believe that McKenzie was injured after round 1 but Ken claims he hurt his knee against the Crows in Round 3...

I'm really worried about Aliir. He's coming back from syndesmosis after 4 weeks, which is usually an injury that takes up to 8 weeks to recover. There is no way he could be back to anywhere near 100%. If he has a poor game it's completely understandable as he'll be playing restricted.
You can basically guarantee he'll be limping around before the first bounce and play at 25%. We've got no idea with injury management these days. Gray will prob do a hammy as well.

Watching Hayes live vs South last week, he didn't look up to it at the moment.

He doesn't look fit.

Admittedly Neither does most of the squad 🙄
Well if he’s not fit while averaging 29 hitouts and 14d a game then what’s the problem?

You’re either wrong, and he’s fit, or you’re right, and he’s not fit but he’s too damn good, and what harm would a afl game instead of sanfl game do?
At this point what ******* harm could it possibly do to give Hayes a game or two?
We're expected to lose anyway and everyone is going shit. Maybe he'll show something?
Has there even been a ruck who was afl match fit in his debut?

It’s insane that there’s some sort of collective insanity where everyone has been men in blacked neuralyser’d into forgetting that

ruck debuts in afl game
Ruck maybe plays more afl games
Ruck maybe gets afl fit while playing more afl games
Ruck maybe plays enough to be in his prime, roughly a decade after getting drafted

It’s always in that order, you can argue how quickly that happens, but it’s always the process.

Every all aus ruck of the last decade started off from step 1 and got afl match fit after playing afl, not before.

Ken is one of those old school coaches that believes in playing through the pain. Somebody could have a torn achilles and he'd tell them to strap it up and stop being a soft ****. When the player has a poor game he'll deny responsibility and insist that they were up to it. I still believe that McKenzie was injured after round 1 but Ken claims he hurt his knee against the Crows in Round 3...
He's a prevaricator.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me this has all the potentials too be Hinkleys last game:

-Rush back a syndesmosis and end up a year long injury ala polec
  • Rush back your superstar small forward and do another hammy
  • Play a one armed Lycett over debuting Hayes because of your own stubborness
  • Playing Dumont instead of Mead to replace Wines because you’re more interested in the now and saving your job than investing in the future

The Ins will tell a lot

Sam Hayes simply has to play. Carlton have named 4 players 200cm or above. Going in with one 200cm player, who is under an injury cloud, is asking for trouble.

Ken will probably say, 'look we know we are going to lose the hit outs and probably be out marked up forward, in defence and around the ground but we can cope with that. We always have Sam Mayes at full forward and Todd Marshall to throw into the ruck to counter Carlton's height advantage.'

Staggers me that Ladhams was moved on the more I see what’s unfolded. They just presumed glass ankles Dixon wouldn’t be fine.

This has a win feeling about it, take the heat off Kenny, maybe even a new contact, coach of the year.

i'd be surprised if we win this, Carlton at the MCG is a whole lot harder than playing them at home. They have crips out and we have wines but they have a few guys that can cover what Cripps does (hewett, kennedy, walsh) than what we do to cover wines. I think they win easily because there structure is better and i cant see us kicking a winning score even if Gray kicks 4 goals.

Saw Skinner was listed on the extended bench and wasn't named to play in the SANFL does he have a good chance of playing this week and into the coming weeks?

Saw Skinner was listed on the extended bench and wasn't named to play in the SANFL does he have a good chance of playing this week and into the coming weeks?

If Aliir doesn’t play, it’s possible. Although he was terrible vs South Adelaide last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes v Carlton - Rd 5, 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back