Preview Changes v Carlton - Rd 5, 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard yesterday that Rozee has been getting his foot jabbed before the game, he clearly needs an op or a rest but they're making him play through it.

This has a whiff of the elite management of Polec’s navicular injury about it.

“Ehhh, he can’t hurt it anymore than it already is”

— “uh… you sure about that?”

Polec’s foot:

822A69F5-BA7F-4754-B2ED-FC7371819AE1.jpeg

Polec’s foot:

View attachment 1370317
It’s what happens when the need to profit supersedes the need to have elite people at the club

Rozee going the way of Mr McGreg ….
FD3A0955-9BDC-4727-A282-EFCC1FCB4254.jpeg

It’s what happens when the need to profit supersedes the need to have elite people at the club

Rozee going the way of Mr McGreg ….
View attachment 1370331

I’d be more inclined to trust the judgement if it wasn’t so brutally obvious the kid is a shadow of himself and can’t play through it at all.

If he needs surgery, pack him off now before he’s shot completely, physically and/or mentally.

I heard yesterday that Rozee has been getting his foot jabbed before the game, he clearly needs an op or a rest but they're making him play through it.
The players are being wrecked to try and save Ken. Rozee playing injured. McKenzie was. Allir will be rushed back. They tried to rush Dixon and it backfired. It's no surprise the players aren't playing for him anymore.

Our draft class of Rozee, Butters and Duursma will soon have a long way to go to be as good as McHenry and Chase Jones if Hinkley hangs around much longer.

If Lycett is out - play Hayes and bring in Dumont (who had 12 tackles in the SANFL).

Tell Hayes to just give it a red hot crack and with Boak, Butters, Amon, SPP, Dumont, Drew we have the option to switch between a creative and defensive midfield set up, depending on how Hayes goes.

Forwardline still cooked but probably swap Gray and Finlayson for Mayes and McEntee or Rozee.

If Lycett is out - play Hayes and bring in Dumont (who had 12 tackles in the SANFL).

Tell Hayes to just give it a red hot crack and with Boak, Butters, Amon, SPP, Dumont, Drew we have the option to switch between a creative and defensive midfield set up, depending on how Hayes goes.

Forwardline still cooked but probably swap Gray and Finlayson for Mayes and McEntee or Rozee.
12 tackles!

Our new full forward!

Finlayson should come in, and Aliir if fit. Perhaps Frederick too, at least be a sub.
With Frederick not available, I'd say

IN: Aliir, Finlayson, Dumont
OUT: Wines (heart), McEntee, Mayes (to sub)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d be more inclined to trust the judgement if it wasn’t so brutally obvious the kid is a shadow of himself and can’t play through it at all.

If he needs surgery, pack him off now before he’s shot completely, physically and/or mentally.

Hey listen youse bloke, he just needs to work through it longer, for harder.

Polec’s foot:

View attachment 1370317
We got Polec’s foot back to a stage where he was playing well, earns himself a mega 5 year contract on a reported $750k pa at North, where four years in it has resurfaced again. There is nothing wrong with our injury management. We are generally very conservative.

We got Polec’s foot back to a stage where he was playing well, earns himself a mega 5 year contract on a reported $750k pa at North, where four years in it has resurfaced again. There is nothing wrong with our injury management. We are generally very conservative.

I’m not sure that had much to do with careful engineering. Will be interesting to see what they do with Rozee from here.

I hope we have Hamish Hartlett on our covid top-up list. We might run out of half back flankers.

If Jones is out due to isolating, i'd say it'll be:

Jones, Mayes, McEntee and Wines out for Aliir, Finlayson, Gray and Dumont.

Bergman to play Jones' role at HB.

Mayes sub.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes v Carlton - Rd 5, 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back