Preview Changes v Carlton (Sun 21/7, 4:40pm Twilight, Marvel)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray I thought he retired ( maybe I was just hoping)

Having met Ray briefly, and having heard him speak in person a number of times, he's an interesting bloke. We hark back to the days of Peter Cameron, Peter Carey, Bill Deller as umpires who 'got the game'. I reckon the only difference between them and Ray is the time and that Razor is mic'ed up. Compared to many others, I don't mind him.

I'll leave now.

Having met Ray briefly, and having heard him speak in person a number of times, he's an interesting bloke. We hark back to the days of Peter Cameron, Peter Carey, Bill Deller as umpires who 'got the game'. I reckon the only difference between them and Ray is the time and that Razor is mic'ed up. Compared to many others, I don't mind him.

I'll leave now.
I think you better.

I'll leave now.
On the field he seems a larrakin. But I don't think he's a bad umpire at all. Not elite as he's never done a GF but not the worst.

Ha.

I appreciate a good 'gotcha' attempt but your arrow is misguided here.

Back in April when I did my first round of potential delistings and had Eddie Ford on the out, I acknowledged then that it was a very tough call, he might end up staying, and I liked him;

Then a few weeks ago I did another updated list and this time included Ford, and someone else asked why I included Ford now as opposed to back in April;
Nah pretty sure I got the bullseye.

I'll leave now.
You may be right, I am sure he is a very nice guy, at times he comes across as a dick, hoping he is nice on Sunday

Curtis Taylor's reign ends.

I feel for Dawson, he had a bit of a shocker last week but I thought he's been fine most of the year. With Logue coming back it sounds like he's mostly unlucky with the timing of the bad game.

Sunday game so extended bench named, but with Curtis Taylor and Kal Dawson omitted, and Zac Fisher named on the ground, suspect the final ins/outs will likely be;

OUT: Taylor, Dawson, Shiels
IN: Fisher, Logue, Phillips

Dylan Stephens to be the sub.

EMG: RHJ, Jaidyn Stephenson, Shiels
This is the way.

Curtis Taylor's reign ends.

I feel for Dawson, he had a bit of a shocker last week but I thought he's been fine most of the year. With Logue coming back it sounds like he's mostly unlucky with the timing of the bad game.
Who'd have thought 10 weeks ago that there'd be competition for KPD spots?

The bench I’d like to see

I: Phillips, Pink, Shiels, Powell
S: Hansen Jr
E: Logue Stephenson Stephens

But I think Shiels will get dropped or be sub. And Logue will play when he is nowhere near AFL ready.

But I think Shiels will get dropped or be sub. And Logue will play when he is nowhere near AFL ready.

I feel like it's better to have an experienced player as sub. There's more chance they'll be able to have an impact in the short amount of time they are given.

Hansen Jr would more than likely struggle to get into the game in that role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind Logue playing even if he's a bit off. We aren't playing finals either way so if we want him to get some AFL time this year so be it, if we also want to take a look at Comben forward or next to him - also, so be it.

Ha.

I appreciate a good 'gotcha' attempt but your arrow is misguided here.

Back in April when I did my first round of potential delistings and had Eddie Ford on the out, I acknowledged then that it was a very tough call, he might end up staying, and I liked him;

Then a few weeks ago I did another updated list and this time included Ford, and someone else asked why I included Ford now as opposed to back in April;
Probably better to just take the L

If Logue presents in the same fashion as he did last weekend then whoever is fortunate enough to play on him may just best Fanning’s record.

Can’t see McKercher getting up for this game.

16 possessions, 2 goals and 3 tackles vs Sydney on the weekend.
11 goals in the last 4 games.
Not dominant, but definitely has been building and he changes our forward line dynamic with crumbing, speed and chase.
Absolutely. At face value anyone who can't see a better mix with him in for say Taylor or Ford this week is kidding themselves.

Happy to have a look at RHJ at the top level. Give him some games in a row, see where he’s at, then make a call on his career at the end of the season.

If Logue is in as poor shape as some suggest, I don’t see the point in playing him. He’ll end up injured again.

Don’t risk Colby. Fish is back.

WiPhi has to play. Shiels can have a spell.

I don't mind Logue playing even if he's a bit off. We aren't playing finals either way so if we want him to get some AFL time this year so be it, if we also want to take a look at Comben forward or next to him - also, so be it.
I love Griff but he was so far off it in the VFL.
So underdone. Its borderline negligible giving him a game.

Just sloppy disposals and turnovers and mistakes.
But with Chom playing forward it seems Clarko's backing him in to return. Could Griff play any worse than what we've seen of Chom and Dawson in defence recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back