Prediction Changes v Gold Coast ( Round 15 )

Remove this Banner Ad

You can blame some of it on the mids, but the amount of times Draper was ball watching was unforgiveable really and had nothing to do with the mids. And he doesn't have a good enough resume for that to be excused. His performances recently bar the Melbourne game (for obvious reasons) have been pretty poor. Davies should have been given an opportunity several weeks ago.

I do agree to a fair extent. I was calling for him to be dropped before the Melbourne game. Then he played well in that game.

He’s just off it by half a step.

I’m fine with him being dropped. I’m just more he isn’t THE reason.

If we’re going to make changes, then make an actual statement and stop 4-5 players. Don’t just drop him.

Brodie and Wagner were clearly best on for Peel. But seems like Brodie has his papers stamped anyway and won't even get a look in.

Out:
Walters
Worner

In:
Emmett/Simpson (neither were impressive today but we have no other options)
Chapman/Wagner

Plenty of players who really should not be playing this week. Draper one of them. Would've loved to have Cox back. Walker shocking but otherwise been decent all year so can't see him getting dropped. Midfield were smashed but JL hates making changing there so can't see any of that happening.
Why was Wagner dropped when Johnson had even less game time over the last 3 weeks

I do agree to a fair extent. I was calling for him to be dropped before the Melbourne game. Then he played well in that game.

He’s just off it by half a step.

I’m fine with him being dropped. I’m just more he isn’t THE reason.

If we’re going to make changes, then make an actual statement and stop 4-5 players. Don’t just drop him.
He’s not. But it’s obvious he’s being kept in to wait for Cox to come back.
Would’ve liked or perhaps in the coming weeks to see Davies come in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you want to punish performance then:

Out: Darcy In: Meek and that high draft pick we would have received!
Out: JOM In: Henry's speed and skill he showed last night!

Realistically
Out: Fyfe In: Raz of Brodie. Unfortunately Fyfe not on our next premiership side. If Dogs and sit out Daniels, McCrae and Dale to get youth in and make a statement we can too
Out: Worner (i didn't think he was as bad as some saying) In: Chapmen
Out: Walker (too many errors when pressure is on). In: Wagner
Out: Walters. In: Simpson (let's look to the future)

I think Brodie's papers are stamped. He regularly gets it 30 times a game but there is little to no damage done by his disposals. I doubt we see him in purple again unless we have no choice.

I just still find this so bizzare given how 2022 played out.

I agree the coaches have stamped his papers but this whole thing he doesn't do anything with the ball and can't defend, I mean if he was so shit and such a negative did we all imagine 2022 and him being a key part of a really good midfield.

Just a question on Worner, was he really really bad? Genuine question. I didn’t watch the game, just assumed that most of the team was shocking

Good question, I got the impression that for anyone not having played since round one, playing in today's team wouldn't have made the best impression. Bad timing for him.

Watching Sydney with Grundy I kind of want to go back to Jackson playing no 1 with Treacy chop out & bring Voss in.

Let Darcy play WAFL till he can remember how to take a mark.
If Sean Darcy is Dropped or is still has a sore body, Bring Reidy in.

The main thing I am concerned about is If Brennan Cox is fully fit? If so, Draper goes out.

Why isn’t Sharp getting a mention. Game got tough & he turned to water which was the big question about him at GC?

I think the Dogs figured out they could shut down a lot of our switch play, where we control the ball, by keeping a close check on Sharp. He didn't have any space today.

Why isn’t Sharp getting a mention. Game got tough & he turned to water which was the big question about him at GC?
Probably because he’s had a very good year and still ran his reps & held shape which is his job.
Today’s game was played back & forth in the corridor and Sharp plays wide.
Anyway he’s got plenty of credit in the bank & he wasn’t on his own having a shocker.

Watching Sydney with Grundy I kind of want to go back to Jackson playing no 1 with Treacy chop out & bring Voss in.

Let Darcy play WAFL till he can remember how to take a mark.

Jackson is building some presence in the forward line. I would have liked to have seen a switch in the second half and have some of Jackon's agility in the middle and Darcy pushed forward.

Jackson is building some presence in the forward line. I would have liked to have seen a switch in the second half and have some of Jackon's agility in the middle and Darcy pushed forward.
It’s definitely robbing Peter to pay Paul but I think when we’re getting killed at stoppage Jackson can make a difference around the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes v Gold Coast ( Round 15 )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back