Dudley Leopard

All Australian
Aug 24, 2011
Joondanna
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hammers, Subiaco
Changes needed I reckon although not sure about the injuries to Duff & Mello.

Assuming both are fit:

In: Mundy ( bring him on as Sub ), SCOS

Out: McPhee, Anthony

Anthony?

You're having a laff.

Kepler for sure.

I'd like to see Dawson dropped, wont happen.

Any number of Hill, Suban, Broughton, Mellington, Crowley would be on thin ice.

Jack was OK in patches. Tried hard (unlike some) but just isn't really up to that level I don't think.

Ibbotson is the softest player in the AFL bar none. Replace him with anyone willing to have a dip.

Silvagni MUST come in, either for Dawson, Mayne, Jack or Kepler.

I'd like to see Lachy Neale come in.

In: Neale, SCOS, Lower, Mundy (sub)
Out: Dawson, Mello (injured), Duffield (injured) and one other

To me it is Barlow in, Mundy to substitute spot (though Dr Moriarty is looking good on TV) too).

Lachie in and the big call here is which of the fwd bigs gives way?

SCOS if fit becomes will make it an interesting night at the selection table.

Apparently Duffield went to hospital so he would have to be in serious doubt for next week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it possible for Spurr to come in for Duffield?

If so then Out: Duffield, Dawson, Mellington, Bradley/Anthony
In: Spurr, Silvagni, Mundy, Neale/Crozier/Morabito

Tempting prospect to start Mundy and sub him off for Morabito. Too risky and and not going to happen, I know. But after todays game from Morabito both him and Mundy apear much more than capable to play a half of footy next weekend.

Haven't heard anything at all about Lower all preseason. Will probably strugle to break in to this side going by last year.

Outs: Duff, Ibbo, Mellington, Anthony (unlucky)

Ins: Lower, Neale, Mundy, Silvagni

Need to upgrade Spurr somehow as well as he deserves a game.
Not sure if we have any other serious injuries Forster???

Dawson and Crowley lucky and could be gone for Mora and Crozier in a few weeks as well. Need more run and attacking options through the middle and half forward.

McPhee, suban and Crowley need to be dropped if we have so much depth, they turn the ball over way to much. Barlow needs a full game, lower will still be over done. mundy for sub if mello is injured I'd like to see Walters come in... Deffintly scos for McPhee and Pav needs to stay in the forward line. to many times when we got the ball and did not turn it over we had no body in the forward 50.... today was a joke.

I fear it may be the case that we face a few mandatory outs:
Mello out (inj), Duff out (inj), Pav out (susp).

My fear is lessened somewhat by the sweetness of some of the potential replacements:
Mundy (as sub, Barlow to play all game); Silver; Lower; Griffin; and throw in a choice from Neale or Roberton based on form to date of the yunguns.

But, much as senior guys like Elvis, Pav and Mayne have had a patchy couple of weeks, I don't get the sense that Roscoe Pekoe is a man of great and sweeping simultaneous changes, so 3 due to external factors would mean we won't make any others I reckon.

I do hope Pav's record and standing gets him some slack, but I reckon a week is still likely.

the west is suggesting that pav could be in trouble for that bump at the end there... thoughts? he's have carryover points too :(
How many points does he already have? Even the commentators said it was primarily a shoulder bump so he'd be very unlucky to even be cited IMO.

Brades is right on Crowley. 2 goals and a fair few possessions. I'd like to see him pushed out of the team at some point by somebody who's cleaner and more composed, but you wouldn't do that based on this week. Especially when we have a few injuries and a plethora of ordinary players who'd be sweating over their spot.

No chance, not high, ball within 5 metres, caught him right on the shoulder.

I worry that, while all true, given the recent history of the MRP, none of that will be seen as enough to overcome the fact Pav made a deliberate choice to go at the man and not the ball.

I don't mind a crackdown on headhigh shots and reckless play. I do fear that the game is becoming so sanitised that the art of the bump is gone forever. Without the bump and shepherd, the game is not the same.

I do hope Pave gets off...

How many points does he already have? Even the commentators said it was primarily a shoulder bump so he'd be very unlucky to even be cited IMO.

Brades is right on Crowley. 2 goals and a fair few possessions. I'd like to see him pushed out of the team at some point by somebody who's cleaner and more composed, but you wouldn't do that based on this week. Especially when we have a few injuries and a plethora of ordinary players who'd be sweating over their spot.

pretty sure he got his charge from last year down graded to just under what woudl be a suspension. i.e. ANYTHING will get him now. was at the game, so didn't see any replays. anything with the head these days...

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes V Lions Rd3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back