Changes v Sydney Rd 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Change the word decent with experienced and I'll agree with you.
I don't mean the whole list , I think we have around 15 players that could be premiership players we need 7 more plus our young stars need more games into them

I counted 14 that would make a premiership side , around 15 more I'm not sure of yet the rest no

Yeah but you can't have 7 Matt spanghers

2012 Swans premiership team had a lot of good, honest players and role-players. Would say that they had only a handful of out and out elite players.

B: 2 Rhyce Shaw 25 Ted Richards 29 Martin Mattner
HB: 34 Alex Johnson 39 Heath Grundy 40 Nick Smith
C: 32 Lewis Jetta 15 Kieren Jack 4 Daniel Hannebery
HF: 14 Craig Bird 20 Sam Reid 5 Ryan O'Keefe
F: 3 Jarrad McVeigh (c) 37 Adam Goodes 30 Lewis Roberts-Thomson
Foll: 41 Shane Mumford 12 Josh Kennedy 24 Jude Bolton
Int: 9 Nick Malceski 38 Mike Pyke 10 Mitch Morton
26 Luke Parker (sub)

I'd also say that the 2010 Collingwood side was well-coached and well-drilled with a couple of elite players.

B: 5 Nick Maxwell (c) 16 Nathan Brown 34 Alan Toovey
HB: 8 Harry O'Brien 20 Ben Reid 39 Heath Shaw
C: 21 Sharrod Wellingham 36 Dane Swan 26 Ben Johnson
HF: 4 Alan Didak 32 Travis Cloke 12 Luke Ball
F: 17 Dayne Beams 31 Chris Dawes 22 Steele Sidebottom
Foll: 18 Darren Jolly 10 Scott Pendlebury 13 Dale Thomas
Int: 47 Jarryd Blair 30 Brent Macaffer 1 Leon Davis
15 Leigh Brown

Would have thought Roughy is the perfect match-up for Tippett.

Just wondering what everyone else is thinking if he were to pinch hit in the ruck, do we have enough height there to contain a Tippett/Reid (assuming Tals is locked down to Buddy)?

Wet weather obviously aids us in this instance, but is quite intriguing.
I kike the idea of mixing it up for Roughy. Last year later, there were some games where he just wasn't coping and looking injured... typically BM just didn't do anything and it looked bordering on cruel. That aside Roughy has capabilities greater than lock down and it's right they shoud be explored.

2012 Swans premiership team had a lot of good, honest players and role-players. Would say that they had only a handful of out and out elite players.

B: 2 Rhyce Shaw 25 Ted Richards 29 Martin Mattner
HB: 34 Alex Johnson 39 Heath Grundy 40 Nick Smith
C: 32 Lewis Jetta 15 Kieren Jack 4 Daniel Hannebery
HF: 14 Craig Bird 20 Sam Reid 5 Ryan O'Keefe
F: 3 Jarrad McVeigh (c) 37 Adam Goodes 30 Lewis Roberts-Thomson
Foll: 41 Shane Mumford 12 Josh Kennedy 24 Jude Bolton
Int: 9 Nick Malceski 38 Mike Pyke 10 Mitch Morton
26 Luke Parker (sub)
I can agree there difference is with the game plans , sydney are a defensive unit us attacking with our game plan you need more skilled players , also we just need to get a few more reliable players

This is neither here nor there, but In JJs Q&A on the doggies site, he said the quickest guy at the club was out of Jong (no surprise) and Hamling (really?) with himself being thereabouts.

Hamling equal quickest at the club? I wonder about his capacity to play Grants role as a high half forward? Is it his fitness that is the issue or?
That surprised me too, he looked really slow at points against Box Hill. Mustn't have much of a tank yet then and was just tired.

I kike the idea of mixing it up for Roughy. Last year later, there were some games where he just wasn't coping and looking injured... typically BM just didn't do anything and it looked bordering on cruel. That aside Roughy has capabilities greater than lock down and it's right they shoud be explored.
Bringing in another tall that can play back may be part of that .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, absolutely.

I just feel that the sky is the limit in for Roughy in a back 6 the way Bevo has structured it. He is unique in a way that will suit us, as most modern day teams possess a ruck/forward duo. If Roughy follows one along all day he can blanket them in our 50, and give Ayce (or whoever is rucking) a good chop out and go into the ruck. Which is probably what Bevo is thinking bringing in Roberts (as discussed). I like it.

I'm not having a crack at Cordy , just saying bevs excuse for dropping Minson makes no sense
If Minson in his last and this years form is our number 1 ruck we will not make finals. A very average Cordy provides much more around the ground, which is not hard, than Minson. Campbell could be a better player, but if we are to seriously challenge at the very least we need a Ben Hudson of the time level ruck or better.

Minson I doubt will get there, Cordy give him a run of games though I seriously doubt it, then try Campbell, but this is now our glaring weakness, which makes a couple of rookie and later draft choices in the last 2 years interesting at best

The photo just posted on bulldogs twitter shows the no.9 guernsey in its place. Unless it's a plan of deception so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel, the String plays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v Sydney Rd 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back