Changes v Sydney Rd 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Since where not expected to win this week I wouldn't mind bringing in a couple of freash faces to this game who haven't played much/or at all this year. After listening to the VFL game it sounded like Campbell dominated but I don't think he's ready for the no.1 ruck role so I would bring in Minno as well to help ease him in, 60-40 rucking. Hard to drop players who had pretty good, but kids need a crack IMO

Outs: Cordy (I know everyone will loose there sh*t), Stevens, Dickson and grant

Ins: Minson, Campbell, Hunter and give either Dale or maybe Hamilton a crack

Go Dogs!!
Stevens was excellent on the weekend.

I think we need to keep Grant in.

He is learning a new role and really is a point of difference for the team.

He snuck forward twice on the weekend and could have finished with 2 goals, if he can do that most weeks he will be a pretty handy contributor.

I think he is building to a game where is has 20+ touches and kicks 3+ goals.

Does anyone close to the club have any idea how Grant is seen by his peers? Is liked? Disliked?

I ask because even when he has cause to "celebrate" (see his goal yesterday) - he almost drops his head and curses himself. Few seem to get around him.

Is he one of those who just doesn't seem to be one of the boys?
He's very much liked. He one of the types who will give anything a try, especially weird food eating contests.

If it's wet weather footy on the weekend, I wouldn't make any changes. Our line up has enough small / mid sized agile players to handle a grubby slip and slide game. Can see Hrovat, Honey and Grant being pivotal.

I just don't see version where Hrovat gets dropped. If he nailed those two goals he would be applauded for his 20 touch game. He will only get better if we just leave him the hell alone and let him get on with it. Smith was probably sent in too early but he's another who is too good to be left to play into his best form in the VFL. Expect both to go up another level this week. Particularly if it is wet.

I just don't see version where Hrovat gets dropped. If he nailed those two goals he would be applauded for his 20 touch game. He will only get better if we just leave him the hell alone and let him get on with it. Smith was probably sent in too early but he's another who is too good to be left to play into his best form in the VFL. Expect both to go up another level this week. Particularly if it is wet.
despite reservations on Hrovat, would like to see him get an extended run. The fact he did not nail those 2 goals is part of the concern. However, unless he puts in a stinker the only way he can prove himself is to play and he did enough to earn his spot for Sydney

Add to that he was our best player against Sydney last year by quite a bit.

Wouldn't surprise me if the drink drops/rests a couple this week either. Sydney in the wet up here is about as hard as it gets.

Agree with it being tough against Sydney in the wet but I think Beveridge wants to test our best against the best sides and then we will have a better understanding of where we are at and what we have to do to improve.

Grant was killin me Sunday in some passages of play but I think he adds heaps for our structure.

Cant see us dropping anyone. Although would love to see Hunter come in. Cordy should be ok against Pyke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't surprise me if the drink drops/rests a couple this week either. Sydney in the wet up here is about as hard as it gets.

Is there any word of Stringer's 'tightness' in the hammy? Is he back running? He's probably the most likely player to be rested you would think if there is any doubt. In which case Hunter would come in you would think.

Is there any word of Stringer's 'tightness' in the hammy? Is he back running? He's probably the most likely player to be rested you would think if there is any doubt. In which case Hunter would come in you would think.

Medical report says they are not concerned with his hamstring tightness and has been cleared of any damage. According to the club he is expected to play

For mine can't drop cordy, confidence is everything in footy back him in and allow him to get some continuity in his game.

Stringer and smith how's stringers hammy? If not 100% do we risk him? Or do we look at keeping him for the week after? As for smith as expected found it hard to run out the game, how has he pulled up?

As for the VFL guys, it's ok keeping them playing well and putting pressure on the guys at afl level to keep up their form.

So it depends on how the guys come up, the conditions and match up with the swans.

Since where not expected to win this week I wouldn't mind bringing in a couple of freash faces to this game who haven't played much/or at all this year.
Glad we didn't take that attitude last week. We weren't expected to beat Adelaide either. We should be picking the side that gives us the best chance every week (taking into account longer term player care). I think that's what MC is actually doing too.

After listening to the VFL game it sounded like Campbell dominated but I don't think he's ready for the no.1 ruck role so I would bring in Minno as well to help ease him in, 60-40 rucking. Hard to drop players who had pretty good, but kids need a crack IMO

Outs: Cordy (I know everyone will loose there sh*t), Stevens, Dickson and grant
Haha - last week everyone lost their shit because we picked Cordy. This week they might lose it if we drop him! A week's a long time in footy!

Ins: Minson, Campbell, Hunter and give either Dale or maybe Hamilton a crack

Go Dogs!!

Sorry mate didn't realise I hurt your feelings enough to comment in bold red writing, do you want me to delete my post? As I'm not sure if you'll ever be able to recover from what I posted?

Sorry mate didn't realise I hurt your feelings enough to comment in bold red writing, do you want me to delete my post? As I'm not sure if you'll ever be able to recover from what I posted?

That's pretty unnecessary. I think he just posted like that so you could see his reply compared to your original msg? His reply wasn't rude or attacking you personally, it was fine.

Spewing Wallis is out for this one, he is the perfect guy to have in the middle against Sydney in the wet. Oh well at least Clay is back to make sure a few Swans will be going home sorer than expected Saturday night. Hrovat, Stevens, Jong, Picken, Honey etc will be important through the middle in this one.

What are you guys like in the wet? I ask because according to weather reports so far Saturday is going to be very wet in Sydney.

No! Wet in Sydney? On a Saturday? Who would have thunk it. Hope they aren't planning to race at Abandwick again. And people try to tell me that Sydney has better weather.....

The hardest decision might be who to make Sub. Couldn't make Honey the sub again, Hrovat maybe but was pretty good and is building nicely from his injury. Stevens was good too, Webb deserves to play a full game. Grant while being solid again on Saturday may be the best option? The wet weather and hard Sydney bodies probably won't suit him very well. Could come in and be a nice energy boost on the wing / HF as a sub this week?

Grant's uniqueness is so important to our structure. If you drop him, you throw our structure out of whack.

He's been turned into an old-fashioned, traditional, tall, skinny, high half-forward/wing type, the ones that you would get in the 70's and 80's. Who else do we have on our list that can play that role?

His hands below his knees and his footy smarts are a real asset. He helps the team move the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v Sydney Rd 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back