Changes v Sydney Rd 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I like this Roberts in my opinion will be a better defender than Roughy (think roughy can get caught out due to a lack of speed), but Roughy can move back into a 2nd ruck/swingman role that I think he is ideally suited for.

Lets give Fletch a good crack at seniors so then we can make the Carlisle decision at the end of the season if we need.

A little bit interesting that Minson isn't even in the emergencies. Well, from a media point of view I guess. I'm looking forward to seeing Sid back though, see what he can add to the mix.

Fletch gives us flexibility as a second forward or he can go down back if Roughy needs to ruck.
Smaller ground means that Grant's pace is less valuable.
I don't mind it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With respect to our mod request of playing the ball, not the man, it's better we ignore silly suggestions of people not being able to wait seeing our developing ruckman get smashed in the wet...

Love seeing Fletch back in, Bev obviously rates him which is great. Tough sub decision, I want Clay to get another full run for his fitness, maybe Webb? With an extra tall, Wood /Boyd can play his HB intercept role with Murph and JJ the runners still?

With respect to our mod request of playing the ball, not the man, it's better we ignore silly suggestions of people not being able to wait seeing our developing ruckman get smashed in the wet...

Love seeing Fletch back in, Bev obviously rates him which is great. Tough sub decision, I want Clay to get another full run for his fitness, maybe Webb? With an extra tall, Wood /Boyd can play his HB intercept role with Murph and JJ the runners still?
Been developing for 6 years , he will get smashed on sat and I don't want him to play well overall because I want him delisted that's fair ain't it ?

I, Fronk, hereby retract my statement made after round 1, in relation to the ease of understanding around the new match committees selection policies. I was wrong.

Due to us winning and playing good football however, neither do I care.

Sincerely
Fronk

I, Fronk, hereby retract my statement made after round 1, in relation to the ease of understanding around the new match committees selection policies. I was wrong.

Due to us winning and playing good football however, neither do I care.

Sincerely
Fronk
Yeah just said the same in the face off thread. I don't think it's been overly clear but it's obviously working so hey, I'm rapt :)

Stern lesson for Hunter, just hasn't been able to find his place since the training late show. Serious pressure on Will. I do like Fletchers inclusion for structure although he probably needed to show something one more week in the twos I would've thought? Think he'll spend some time at CHF. You would assume he starts and Hrovat or Smith sub.

Been developing for 6 years , he will get smashed on sat and I don't want him to play well overall because I want him delisted that's fair ain't it ?

Surely you'd prefer that he plays well, helps the team win, and improves enough and shows enough across the year so that he would no longer require delisting, not to mention help fill a big hole in our current list quality

Actively hoping a player performs badly for your own team is logical nonsense. If he performs badly and doesn't achieve the above this season, then sure, you can hope that he is delisted at in October

Been good to see grant give maximum effort over the first month. Shown us that it's not just his effort that's off, it's that he just makes too many mistakes and can't find the footy enough, to be a quality afl footballer.

Seems a good fella and I'm happy to see him get some more games later in the year if he continues with the effort, but I've seen enough, and I'd comfortably see him off the list at the end of the year without those lingering doubts. I no longer question what he'd be like if he really put in. We've seen it now, and it's just a bit "meh".

Surely you'd prefer that he plays well, helps the team win, and improves enough and shows enough across the year so that he would no longer require delisting, not to mention help fill a big hole in our current list quality

Actively hoping a player performs badly for your own team is logical nonsense. If he performs badly and doesn't achieve the above this season, then sure, you can hope that he is delisted at in October
I would love to see him play well mate but this is his 7th year on the list and I have already made my mind up

I'm far from Grant's biggest fan, but I'm not sure about this. Consistency of effort has been there, and the conditions will suit him more so than others.

That said, I'm stoked Sid is getting a go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v Sydney Rd 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back