Preview changes vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

If Basti is relegated to sub, then on what grounds does Greenwood escape criticism? He's older and more experienced as well.
I'm looking at it as purely a team balance thing. Adelaide have a number of big bodied mids and I think we need Levi to throw his weight around in there. That's it really. Anthony can take over from Basti and Basti can come on for a quarter when the pace is well and truly out of the game and run as hard has he can, linking up play though the middle.

Weird coming from a "true North".

I guess (key word, guess) its coming from the angle that the worse we play the more chance of forcing major changes in the near future - which some are hoping for rightly or wrongly.

I'm looking at it as purely a team balance thing. Adelaide have a number of big bodied mids and I think we need Levi to throw his weight around in there. That's it really. Anthony can take over from Basti and Basti can come on for a quarter when the pace is well and truly out of the game and run as hard has he can, linking up play though the middle.
Agree. Either Basti or Anthony (if he comes in) as sub. Harper needs to either be dropped or play the full game.

I guess (key word, guess) its coming from the angle that the worse we play the more chance of forcing major changes in the near future - which some are hoping for rightly or wrongly.

Spot on. Something smells at the club and I'm not one for waiting until the end of 2013 to try to start afresh. We beat Adelaide by 41 at Etihad last year, you can change Tarrant for Lachie or Patch for L.A but neither will get us over the line. There is a 15 goal difference between the 2011 result and what we will likely witness this weekend and not all 15 is Adelaide improving. I can't explain what I felt sitting at Metricon Saturday night, however complete disinterest came close at several points.

I think I qualify as True North, rarely miss a Victorian game, travel to 50% of Interstate games, plus other tid bits.

Brad Scott won't make any changes. You could realistically still drop about 15 players in that team cause no ones really cementing a spot in the team. The coach has lost his players and I think we'll lose our next 5 games to be honest

Brad Scott won't make any changes. You could realistically still drop about 15 players in that team cause no ones really cementing a spot in the team. The coach has lost his players and I think we'll lose our next 5 games to be honest

Its an interesting one. The way North played over the weekend, and i was there showed a very timid side with no confidence whatsoever.... Either the players don't believe in the game plan anymore, or we are just crap. Hopefully this week the players give it their all and we can pull off an upset win.

Its an interesting one. The way North played over the weekend, and i was there showed a very timid side with no confidence whatsoever.... Either the players don't believe in the game plan anymore, or we are just crap. Hopefully this week the players give it their all and we can pull off an upset win.

I'll go with both.

Hopefully this week the players give it their all and we can pull off an upset win.

Without recalling the details of games prior, when we played Adelaide at a similar time last year we went in 2-7. Our 47 point upset win, on the shoulders of a herculean effort from Spitter, helped us get back on track to just miss the finals.

We need to get Daw, Kennedy and Speight into the team asap. They are the x-factors/talent/line breakers we are crying out for imo.

Speight is our best option for sub. Kennedy's pace and kicking skills are crucial and Daw is IMO our best 2nd ruck/forward option. He has a unique skill set that no one can compete with - it may only be one or two things that he does, but a tackle or a contest where his enthusiasm for the contest may just inspire the rest of the team. That's how i see it anyway, we are just too predictable, too easily shut out of a contest.

Totally agree, they say Maj has lots to work on, yet i see his name in the best each week.. his body is 100% ready for AFL yeh he might be a little rough around the edges but so was NIC NAT when he started but they persisted and look at him now.. .... With Daw and Goldy we could be scary ... unfortunately Hamish is too slow across the ground and him and goldy didnt click... why not trade him clubs need good first team ruckmen maybe we can get something really valuable for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah fellas, bring in Daw. That'll solve everything. Our gameplan has been dismantled, must change before bringing in fing Daw.

So far, in the "should not have been dropped" category we have Garlett, LA, Warren, Edwards, LT, Cam Delaney x2, Mullet...

...And in the "should be dropped" category we have Tarrant, Cunnington, Ziebell, Bastinac, Harper, Firrito, LT, Black, Luke Delaney, LA, Patch, Jmac and even Boomer...

Your a dick head orry couldn't say it clearer

...And in the humming along nicely category we are left with Swallow, Wells, Petrie, Wright, Thompson, McMahon and Atley.

Interesting.

Why'd you call me a dick head? Thats not my opinion, I was highlighting the high level of ridiculousness of people's constant bleating about changes. Pretty much summed up by, everyone out, bring warren and Garlett in and we'll be right mate.

But then I noticed hang on, pretty much every player on the list has been called for to be dropped by BF at one stage or another. So I went through all the names who haven't and listed them in the last group. The last group are pretty much our most consistent performers, the list is too thin and the reason we are we're we are.

Looks like Shinbones needed me to spoon feed him on this one. How u feel now 'mate'.

i think the changes tonight will be:

In: Anthony, Garlett
Out: Harper, JMac

If Anthony and Garlett come in, they need to step up at AFL level as this could be their last chance ever.

The big question is what to do with Tarrant and Black? Brad keeps saying we are well blessed for KP stock, which in pure numbers is probably true. But in reallity, we haven't had a consistent forward to help Drew all season, and Drew himself has been fairly patchy.

Black has done well in his first game of the season but has done very little in the Hawthorn and GC games. Leaving the Hawthorn game aside, he could have done better at GC, but seems well suited to the Dome. Do we leave him in?

Tarrant has had a good few weeks at VFL level, which was the first time he has really done that in my memory, but his first game back was fairly ordinary. Kicking even 1 goal seems an insurmountable task for him at the moment. Do we give him one more chance, or bring Azza back? Does Hansen need some VFL games after his suspension or is he ready to step straight in?

Some big questions given how big this game is for the club.

The big question is what to do with Tarrant and Black? Brad keeps saying we are well blessed for KP stock, which in pure numbers is probably true. But in reallity, we haven't had a consistent forward to help Drew all season, and Drew himself has been fairly patchy.

Black has done well in his first game of the season but has done very little in the Hawthorn and GC games. Leaving the Hawthorn game aside, he could have done better at GC, but seems well suited to the Dome. Do we leave him in?

Tarrant has had a good few weeks at VFL level, which was the first time he has really done that in my memory, but his first game back was fairly ordinary. Kicking even 1 goal seems an insurmountable task for him at the moment. Do we give him one more chance, or bring Azza back? Does Hansen need some VFL games after his suspension or is he ready to step straight in?

Some big question given how big this game is for the club.

What I want to see

Thomas Petrie Harper
Harvey Black Edwards

What I want to see

Thomas Petrie Harper
Harvey Black Edwards
Agree. I'd drop Tarrant for this one, keep Black and bring Azza back.
I know we need to give Tarrant some time to adjust from VFL to AFL level eventually, but right now, given where we're at, it is probably not the best time for it.

i think the changes tonight will be:

In: Anthony, Garlett
Out: Harper, JMac

If Anthony and Garlett come in, they need to step up at AFL level as this could be their last chance ever.

Didn't Anthony kick 2 or 3 goals the last game he played? I don't know what his efficiency rating around the ground was - I'm assuming it was bad - or he just doesn't have a defensive game, but whatever the reason, a goal kicking midfielder is a pretty handy in. Especially considering since he was dropped North have lost to all except GC (from memory).

Didn't Anthony kick 2 or 3 goals the last game he played? I don't know what his efficiency rating around the ground was - I'm assuming it was bad - or he just doesn't have a defensive game, but whatever the reason, a goal kicking midfielder is a pretty handy in. Especially considering since he was dropped North have lost to all except GC (from memory).
All correct points - however the main reason for LA being dropped was probably his inability to go hard for the ball when he absolutely had to go for it. I'd still say he should be playing this week.

Some big questions given how big this game is for the club.

Agree with this being a major selection issue. It does frustrate me how brad carrys on about how good our KPP stocks are, when in reality we do have a number of them, but the only 2 to really show anything at senior level, are Black and Hansen, and when I say something, it is limited. There are obviously a few options to go with, but I think the setup should definitely be 1 mature (Petrie obviously), 1 young (Tarrant or Hansen) and 1 third option (Black or Edwards).

Brad has to pick 1 setup and stick to it, allowing them all to gel together.

Id be happy if the only comment I hear come out of North this week was that we are going to try our best..I dont want to hear any comment about how good the opposition are, or comparisons to performances last year, or beating teams above us or we've got lots of areas where we need to improve etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview changes vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back