Prediction Changes vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing that stood out to me most when we played them a couple of months ago was how loosely they defend. Have they done anything to fix that? They basically matched up pretty well on us otherwise I thought, and they didn't have libba playing who I rate highly. But their defence was a mess.

The thing that stood out to me most when we played them a couple of months ago was how loosely they defend. Have they done anything to fix that? They basically matched up pretty well on us otherwise I thought, and they didn't have libba playing who I rate highly. But their defence was a mess.
and now they will be without Keath

Even more of a mess with Darcy and Keath out.
Fremantle spread Melbourne out wide to make them vulernable to 1 on 1s. Can see the same this week. Jones plays like May, which means the forwards will exploit that.

Fremantle spread Melbourne out wide to make them vulernable to 1 on 1s. Can see the same this week. Jones plays like May, which means the forwards will exploit that.
We just have to not let any of this make us as complacent as we were against West Coast

Good time to catch the dogs. And not many would bet that the Suns will improve their road record at OPTUS the following week. We just need to sort out the slow starts, though Syd have a similar issue and are managing alright.

Dogs have quite the injury list to their talls. inc. susp, no Darcy, Keath, Naughton, and potentially Lobb. Leaves JUH and English on the experienced tall list i guess? hrow in Weightman, Bailey, and maybe Libba depending on how he's going with his concussion, they seem quite depleted.

We are down Cox who Draper has been covering for for a number of weeks. That is all.

Hope we don't throw this away cause it should be quite winnable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would personally recommend that the Dogs don’t tag anyone. Because it is so much more fun watching Young and Serong and Brayshaw do whatever they want. Yes please!

Dogs have quite the injury list to their talls. inc. susp, no Darcy, Keath, Naughton, and potentially Lobb. Leaves JUH and English on the experienced tall list i guess? hrow in Weightman, Bailey, and maybe Libba depending on how he's going with his concussion, they seem quite depleted.

We are down Cox who Draper has been covering for for a number of weeks. That is all.

Hope we don't throw this away cause it should be quite winnable.
Hello Pies.

I feel like that is a bit misleading, certain areas of the ground we apply a lot of pressure, but other areas we let them have it. For example in the corridor and if teams go inside 50 we are great. When they want to chip around full back we let them.

A lot like a press in soccer, but we choose our moments.

Maybe, but it can cut both ways, if they throw everything at us and we hold up the pressure to perform may go the other way and they can fall apart.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it is close to start but we kick away as the game goes on. Biggest danger is a slow post bye start.

We are rated 17th (2nd last) for forward half pressure so it’s actually worse than our back half as we are rated 15th for overall pressure

Dogs get Richards back who was massive in turning their season around
yeah, but only because Libba was out...

how do they work in the middle together? we don't know and nor do they.

could even work for us.

i rate Richards, he really stepped up in Libba's absence, but any confusion about role helps us.

Alice Springs is a huge oval, might be the biggest in the country. Marvel is much smaller so we will not have as much space to open the game up.

Dogs have struggled against tall forwards since back when Lobb was kicking goals against them.

That's the key to us this week. Win enough clearances to send the ball inside fifty enough to take enough tall marks and kick straight.

Force the Dogs to kick long inside fifty, minus Darcy and Naughton and hopefully Pearce can bring it to ground.

But if they get their run and carry game going JUH will tear us a new one marking on the lead.

Alice Springs is a huge oval, might be the biggest in the country. Marvel is much smaller so we will not have as much space to open the game up.

Dogs have struggled against tall forwards since back when Lobb was kicking goals against them.

That's the key to us this week. Win enough clearances to send the ball inside fifty enough to take enough tall marks and kick straight.

Force the Dogs to kick long inside fifty, minus Darcy and Naughton and hopefully Pearce can bring it to ground.

But if they get their run and carry game going JUH will tear us a new one marking on the lead.
If the game that was at Optus is anything to go by it was so direct down the middle the best winger had something like 10 touches dogs will try make it similar this weekend. Them not having naughton and Darcy is huge and we should win

If the game that was at Optus is anything to go by it was so direct down the middle the best winger had something like 10 touches dogs will try make it similar this weekend. Them not having naughton and Darcy is huge and we should win

They got us with fast ball movement, I agree. Every time we slowed them down we won it back and scored ourselves but when they moved it fast they scored.

So we slow them down and we win because our contested marks are better than theirs.

Is it though? None of the official stats support that it's that big.

Marvel is definitely shorter, and not sure about the actual boundaries but listed arena dimensions for Traeger Park are a fair bit smaller than the MCG for example.

Is it though? None of the official stats support that it's that big.

Marvel is definitely shorter, and not sure about the actual boundaries but listed arena dimensions for Traeger Park are a fair bit smaller than the MCG for example.

It's only the players who were on it that said it, I haven't stood on it personally

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back