Changes vs Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Really struggling to get excited to watch us this weekend. Losing the swans and giants games still has me shaking my head
99% of the posters who have said Cleary out have said it as that’s what they expect not what they want to happen.

Let’s face it, would you really be surprised if Bev dropped Cleary for Ed? I’d say it’s almost likely at this point
Unfortunately true and why supporters want change.No point being 8th.
Rather take the chance and miss.Than watch the same players showing the same limitations. GWS showed us how you build enthusiasm through refreshments.
I just wonder if Cleary and Busslinger were blooded earlier.A Jones or Clarke persevered with or given a first game.And replaced the stalwarts or c graders .How more exciting football would be.And expectations coming into maybe finals. Most supporters l sense
feel deflated like last year.

In. L. Jones. Richards. A. Jones/Clarke.

Out. Keath. Bruce. VDM.

Its time to put the 3 tall defenders idea in the bin.

We should've done it last week when Greene was the obvious threat.

We need to do it this week when the likes of Martin and Baker are the obvious threats.

What I'd really like to see is one of JOD or Busslinger replace Gardner in the side.

He's reached his ceiling. Its time to move past him.
Might happen next year that JOD and Busslinger go past Gardner. Can't see anyway Bevo will do it this year. Gardeners inability to effectively dispose of the ball kills a lot of momentum.

Sometimes short term pain is required. The reality is while Bevo is coach and if we scrape into finals nothing will change. We will not beat top 6 teams, we will be bundled out in the elimination and this will repeat and repeat until significant changes are made to the coaching department. I would prefer to finish 9th year and win the flag next rather than scraping in each year and bowing our in the elimination final
We don’t have that luxury if at some point we want evolve away from being a minnow club. Consistently making finals will make selling a vision to any potential trade options that much easier.

Hopefully there is a thorough review and some good assistants are brought on board

We don’t have that luxury if at some point we want evolve away from being a minnow club. Consistently making finals will make selling a vision to any potential trade options that much easier.

Hopefully there is a thorough review and some good assistants are brought on board
Making the finals could mean the difference between 5000 more, or 5000 less members at the minimum. For a small club, every cent is crucial. So don't understand the talk of "we won't go far in finals, so rather miss it"

Yeah, if you want less fans, less money to the club, and less appeal in luring players to the club. Such a poor mentality is why this club was irrelevant for many decades between 1954 and 2016.

Tigers will be hard to knock over.
Gawn and rub of the green with umps only thing that done them in.

Who plays on Bolton & Martin ?

Tigers will be hard to knock over.
Gawn and rub of the green with umps only thing that done them in.

Who plays on Bolton & Martin ?

Bolton also seems to feature in votes vs us and Baker smart player

In Jones,Jod,Clarke
Out Bruce,keath,vdm

I just sent a text to a mate I go to the footy with every week

“ hi mate , are you going to the footy this Friday to see the dogs start on fire, get 4 plus goals up in the first half, miss 5 easy chances, lose 2 defenders in the second half, get overrun and fall 2 goals behind, have 5 golden chances to get back in front and stuff them all up and lose by a kick? Ie, the story of about 8 of our losses this year? “

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Making the finals could mean the difference between 5000 more, or 5000 less members at the minimum. For a small club, every cent is crucial. So don't understand the talk of "we won't go far in finals, so rather miss it"

Yeah, if you want less fans, less money to the club, and less appeal in luring players to the club. Such a poor mentality is why this club was irrelevant for many decades between 1954 and 2016.
I’m not sure that’s the case to be honest, I understand bigfooty and social media is a very small part of the overall fan base but the sentiment on here is extremely flat and IMO representative of a larger scale.

Anecdotal evidence isn’t the be all and end all but Im lucky to know quite a few dogs supporters and not a single one is still going to games this year, I’m personally done. I’ll be dropping my reserved seat for a GA next year unless there’s drastic changes.

This is the most unenjoyable time I can personally remember following this club, at least when you were expected to be shit like losing every week in 2014 you had the little things to get you through and I never missed a game. Now we’re playing well below expectations, a very poor brand of footy and a soft side who don’t stand for anything, the window slipping away before we fall down for an inevitable period at the bottom. It’s miserable.

A finals appearance and inevitable poor loss is not going to keep members coming back next year, I feel the damage is already done tbh. Would be interesting if anyone can be bothered to go through our home game crowds and draw some proper conclusions. This weeks crowd on a Friday night after two poor losses against a big side that doesn’t usually show up to marvel, will be telling.

TL/DR - the sentiment around this club is very very poor right now, a finals appearance won’t magically change that, but a new coach and a fresh approach into the new year may very well make a much bigger difference

Really struggling to get excited to watch us this weekend. Losing the swans and giants games still has me shaking my head
Definitely gonna record this one, and delay watching, so I can fast forward through the Richmond run-ons in the 3rd and 4th quarters.
It works.
A lot of FFS!! but at X30.

I was lucky enough to to watch the gws game on a recording instead of live like usual.
Fast forwarding through the 3rd and 4th qtrs was definitely a bonus & something worth considering for this game !

The champion data guy said on the radio that Taylor Duryea is statistically the second worst kick in the competition. Surely we can't continue to carry him in the team and he drops out for Richards this week.
He also said that Adam Treloars kicking wasn't much better. Two of our most experienced players being amongst the very worst kicks in the competition probably explains some of our failings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shai Bolton’s favourite week of the year

This is the most unenjoyable time I can personally remember following this club, at least when you were expected to be s**t like losing every week in 2014 you had the little things to get you through and I never missed a game. Now we’re playing well below expectations, a very poor brand of footy and a soft side who don’t stand for anything, the window slipping away before we fall down for an inevitable period at the bottom. It’s miserable.
How long have you followed the dogs for mate?

Are you old enough to remember 2014 when our Captain walked out and we had a player mutiny after getting beating by the plastics with Thomas Bugg kicking the winner?

Are you old enough to remember 2014 when our Captain walked out and we had a player mutiny after getting beating by the plastics with Thomas Bugg kicking the winner?
Forgot Bugg was even a thing 🤢

Joshua Dawe of 9 Reporting the Following:

Gards under injury cloud,

Jones Ed all but locked

If so Please give me Jones Buss JOD together with the Clizzard bring on the next gen backline

Totally agree re Jones + Buss + JOD + Cleary.

Time to start rebuilding the backline & hopefully we can find a ready made Jones replacement in the next year or 2.

Jones Ed all but locked

If so Please give me Jones Buss JOD together with the Clizzard bring on the next gen backline

I would be 100% on board with using Liam Jones as the general/mentor for Buss/JoD/Cleary for the rest of the season. Could bring Keath back in also when available.

Not that it’s going to happen but we could dream.

Totally agree re Jones + Buss + JOD + Cleary.

Time to start rebuilding the backline & hopefully we can find a ready made Jones replacement in the next year or 2.
We know it has been our weakness for many years now and continuing with the same guys who continue to let us down would be insanity however we all know they will

2014 was honestly more enjoyable, watching the likes of Libba, Bont, Macrae & Stringer early in their career and literally zero expectations.

Beats having a list capable of winning the flag but underperforming week in week out tbh

Jones Ed all but locked

So there is a chance our 3 KPD vs GWS may be out Bruce, Keath and Gardner

Jones Ed all but locked

I admit that it would be great to see but you'd be wanting to lower your expectations about how that backline would perform.

It takes time to build up synergy and trust.

I admit that it would be great to see but you'd be wanting to lower your expectations about how that backline would perform.

It takes time to build up synergy and trust.
My expectations aren't for it to dominate now,

My expectations are that it can be built for the future and be stable unlike the constant changing week after week of the last couple years

Yep im all for that next gen backline of Buss, JOD & Cleary getting a go this week - based around the experience of LJ, Red, Dale & JJ. Honestly what do we have to lose at this point?

There’s just no chance we have the balls to do that though, gotta hold onto that 8th position!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back