Remove this Banner Ad

Smokin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
as of next year!

How is this going to effect the footy coverage? Strong word was that Seven was taking Friday night and Sunday arvo, with Ten staying as it is now.

Surely this changes that?

How does this effect 7 and 10's relationship? Hudson announced this just now on SEN...he seemed shocked and in disbelief.

Bugger, 10 did an amazing job with the racing, superb coverage. I have a nasty feeling 7 is going to be very sub-par in comparison.

Oh no. Ten had all the racing events F1,V8s,Superbikes what do channel 7 think they are going to get with this? nothing at all they aren't going to have any shows and such. It's bad enough they have the footy.

Oh great, another chance for 7 to stuff up another sport.

It use to be "Nobody Screws Soccer Like Seven", might as well expand it to "Nobody Screws Sport Like Seven".

I wonder which dinosaurs 7 will bring out of retirement to head their V8 coverage?

as a petrol head...

BOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bloody Avesco obviously settled for the highest bidder, with little consideration as to the treatment.

Channel 10 has been crawling up Avesco's bum for the last 3 months on TV, saying how great they are, etc etc.

That will change now!

UNLESS Seven takes fri night, sat arvo and sat nite footy, gives Sunday footy to channel 10??

I'm a revhead and I couldn't be happier about this. The V8's bore me sh*tless. It's the WWE of motorsport. I'd soon go watch the state race series than the V8's and I get in free cause I'm a flaggie anyway.

Nozzer said:
I'm a revhead and I couldn't be happier about this. The V8's bore me sh*tless. It's the WWE of motorsport. I'd soon go watch the state race series than the V8's and I get in free cause I'm a flaggie anyway.

You have a choice though. If you don't like it, don't bother watching it. However, this is just another kick in the guts for people who do want to watch it...well, watch it at a reasonable hour. How 7 are going to do this is beyond me. Just another slap in the face if you ask me...

Kahuna said:
Oh no. Ten had all the racing events F1,V8s,Superbikes what do channel 7 think they are going to get with this? nothing at all they aren't going to have any shows and such. It's bad enough they have the footy.

Don't forget the Indy cars as well...when it was worth watching anyways...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neil Cromptons my next door neighbour, I'll get the lowdown from him.

Agree Channel 10 has done wonders with motor racing.....interesting to see who C7 poach

geee i wasnt expecting this, last i heard 9 and 10 were battling for the rights. I cant see how it would work, unless 7 will show friday night, saturday and saturday night football? I just had a quick squiz at a couple of v8 forums and very few seem excited about 7 gettin the racing.

The Old Dark Navy's said:
Channel 10 are the motor racing kings. Very disappointed with this.

Exactly. They did a fabulous job with it.

Not only will we get a substandard coverage now but either the AFL or the racing will get shafted......:thumbsdown:

7 even having the AFL in 2007 is still very much far from being confirmed as no contract with the AFL has yet been signed and Foxtel look like refusing to deal with 7 & 10 meaning either ........

1/ 7 & 10 will have to show all 8 games live into every market themselves
or
2/ they default on their bid and 9 & Foxtel win with their original bid

Remove this Banner Ad

Channel 7 grab V8 television rights...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back