Recommitted Charlie Cameron [Signs until 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuinely though, he's not being traded unless it's kind of a mutual agreement to part ways, so what do people think he's worth? I would be very reluctant to give up a top 20 pick for a 30 year old, even if exactly what Freo need on paper. I find him very hard to value.

Brisbane could go with Levi, Lohman and Bailey as their "smalls" next year.
I think Brisbane will want to dump pick 6 and Freo perfect club to do it with so a trade will exist around pick 16 + 24 + future 3rd round pick for pick 6 + Cameron

Genuinely though, he's not being traded unless it's kind of a mutual agreement to part ways, so what do people think he's worth? I would be very reluctant to give up a top 20 pick for a 30 year old, even if exactly what Freo need on paper. I find him very hard to value.

Brisbane could go with Levi, Lohman and Bailey as their "smalls" next year.
A future Second. He is 31 by midway next season!! If he was 25 then entirely different story.

I think Brisbane will want to dump pick 6 and Freo perfect club to do it with so a trade will exist around pick 16 + future pick for pick 6 + Cameron
I'd imagine money is a bigger concern if he's on 700k per Lions posters. We wouldn't have that around given other targets

I'd imagine money is a bigger concern if he's on 700k per Lions posters. We wouldn't have that around given other targets
Id suggest club may have given up on Liam Baker whose WCE bound. Not sure what other targets you mean? Logan McDonald wouldnt go for just draft picks for example. Sydney will force a good player to come in any deal so salary cap less important.

Absolutely zerro chance Warner is joining Fremantle. Forget about it

I think Brisbane will want to dump pick 6 and Freo perfect club to do it with so a trade will exist around pick 16 + 24 + future 3rd round pick for pick 6 + Cameron
Looking at our fixture that could easily be a top 4 pick I’m not sure it’s worth us giving up pick 4 and Cameron for 16 and 24

Don't give me that BS you know you offered Gunners a year contract hence lowballing him he clearly wanted 2 it had nothing to do with he's father he's father didn't live in Queensland

We've been offering all our 30+ year olds 1 year deals for yonks with a trigger for a second. Jack would have known what was up. It's not a low ball offer, if it was he wouldn't come back to us. He didn't leave the Hawks on bad terms.

He wanted to get out of Melbourne. Birch and Hodge got in his ear.

I think you still finish around current spot . If its top 4 then yeah Freo probably going that 16,24 + future 2nd for 4, Cameron type deal

Freo with Cameron will be top 4 easy and they want our first pick too so that future second is not a good offer.

Massive difference between Gunston Gunners was 31 Hawks didn't want him and lowballed him Lions also are playing part of he's contract at the Hawks Cameron is actually having a decent season for a small forward at the Lions we aren't going to give him up for a throw away pick

That's why I said a second rounder.

And on Gunstons age, really? There will be three months difference between the age of Cameron if he left at the end of this year and when Gunston left the Hawks. Three months.

As far as age and performance goes Gunston leaving the Hawks is a super similar comparison to Charlie Cameron.

You are very unlikely to get a Dayne Beams every again for a contracted declining player in their 30's.

Let the rage subside and if he goes (massive if) what pick do you think you'd get if not a second rounder?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I appreciate his age, but being a contracted star player of our team means he isn't going to be traded cheaply. Particularly with us still in contention next year (we've shit the bed this year obviously). Losing him would be a massive hit, an early 2nd rd pick doesn't get you in the room for a trade discussion IMO.

I appreciate his age, but being a contracted star player of our team means he isn't going to be traded cheaply. Particularly with us still in contention next year (we've shit the bed this year obviously). Losing him would be a massive hit, an early 2nd rd pick doesn't get you in the room for a trade discussion IMO.

That depends on whether brisbane think they are in contention next year.

Jeepers would you give up a first rounder for someone who will be 31 midway through next year??

Id suggest club may have given up on Liam Baker whose WCE bound. Not sure what other targets you mean? Logan McDonald wouldnt go for just draft picks for example. Sydney will force a good player to come in any deal so salary cap less important.

Absolutely zerro chance Warner is joining Fremantle. Forget about it
They’ll end up with Corey Warner

I think from every teams perspective it would be a no. Age has to come into it
Not from Brisbane's perspective it does. If you trade out all your good 30 year olds, you're not getting close to winning a GF. The last two premiership winners are prime examples of how important extremely experienced talent is.

Brisbane don't want to trade him and don't have to trade him. Hence it'd need a pretty convincing reason to let him go.

Charlie’s value to Brisbane isn’t simply on field. He’s commercially our most valuable asset off field. Now obviously that doesn’t mean a whole lot to football states, but in non traditional markets like ours that would be a consideration for us in terms of a) whether we’d even be willing to trade him and then b) what price would we put on that.

I thought there was something to it before hearing Colon was his agent, now I'm pretty sure it's just him being his usual campaignery self.

For him to even want out in the first place I'd assume there was a falling out though and it's a mutual parting and an early 2nd wpuld have gotten it done. Can't see how a team can justify a 1st round or top 20 pick for 50-80 gradually worsening games

Charlie’s value to Brisbane isn’t simply on field. He’s commercially our most valuable asset off field. Now obviously that doesn’t mean a whole lot to football states, but in non traditional markets like ours that would be a consideration for us in terms of a) whether we’d even be willing to trade him and then b) what price would we put on that.
Pretty sad but this is true

Brisbane players tend to have zero personality or swagger

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Charlie Cameron [Signs until 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back