Toast Charlie Dixon Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

This aged well. Just TODAY, Dwayne Russell on his potential picks to kick the ton this year…..( even though the player in question has never got halfway there yet.)

10 – Charlie Dixon (Port Adelaide)

Charlie Dixon, if he stays injury-free.

“If Ivan Soldo rucks all year then as a stay-at-home forward Dixon might be a chance.”

This aged well. Just TODAY, Dwayne Russell on his potential picks to kick the ton this year…..( even though the player in question has never got halfway there yet.)

10 – Charlie Dixon (Port Adelaide)

“Charlie Dixon, if he stays injury-free.

“If Ivan Soldo rucks all year then as a stay-at-home forward Dixon might be a chance.”
Dixon hasn't kicked a ton in his best two years combined, and he's 33. Dwayne you ****ing idiot.

Keeping one hundred year old forwards who were never that much good to begin with AND were finished over a year ago is the way to premierships, i'm certain.
If they were also a cultural malignancy would it change your mind?

Bit disappointing reading a lot of the recent posts in this thread. I get not liking everything he has said to the media (when all players try their best to tow the company line), but it's insane to me that people look at how much this man has put his body on the line for this club and still are happy just ripping into him before the season has even started because he got a one year contract extension.

I feel like Ken is fair game - he's proven for many many years that he has let us down when it matters.

But in the preseason before games have been played? Give every single player on our list a chance. Especially a former All Australian who makes the rest of our players stand tall.

If he plays like ass or his body breaks down, have at it. But going this hard at him at this stage in the season? Geez Louise.

Bit disappointing reading a lot of the recent posts in this thread. I get not liking everything he has said to the media (when all players try their best to tow the company line), but it's insane to me that people look at how much this man has put his body on the line for this club and still are happy just ripping into him before the season has even started because he got a one year contract extension.

I feel like Ken is fair game - he's proven for many many years that he has let us down when it matters.

But in the preseason before games have been played? Give every single player on our list a chance. Especially a former All Australian who makes the rest of our players stand tall.

If he plays like ass or his body breaks down, have at it. But going this hard at him at this stage in the season? Geez Louise.
His body has literally broken down already lol. Hes hardly trained all pre-season.

It’s the equivalent of me being asked that of a west Coast so pick the only name I know? Allen
Dixon will be lucky to crack the top five goalkickers at Port Adelaide this year. Marshall, Finlayson, Rioli, SPP, Georgiades and Lord are all genuine chances to beat him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless Lord’s ruck work comes on then Dixon is in my best 22. Finlayson as a chop out simply doesn’t work.

He doesn’t need to play every home and away game though.

Tom Scully will go past this guy this year.

A half fit Dixon is significantly better than Lord is currently, so if we need to manage him through the early parts of the season, then so be it
Or we play Lord and with the development by the end of the year he's undoubtedly better than Dixon.

Looking at the way Dixon moved yesterday it might not even be a discussion though

Mitch got 39 goals in his first season. He’s a good chance.
I could see
Marshall
Mitch
Rioli
SPP
Finny kicking more

Play Lord over him please, Lord has more straight line aggression

Lord's already played a better finals game than Charlie has managed in his 13 year career

Laughable to think Lords 7 disposal game against the Lions was better than Dixon was against the eagles. Yes he missed a number of shots, but he was also the only reason we almost win that final.

Maybe not Mitch but if Scully gets a run there’s another one.

Neither will get enough games. Marshall, Finlayson + a fit Dixon are first choice, followed by Lord. Also expect to see us play 2 rucks at some point this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Charlie Dixon Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back