Remove this Banner Ad

kickgoals

Debutant
Sep 27, 2004
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
essendon
Has been reported on another site that Bryan Davies and Bannister have all been resigned for next year. Also stated that Jesse Smith has been asked to continue training with the club, what do you guys make of all this. Mentioned that they will not be promoting any rookies at this stage.Maybe smith is still a chance at being with the club next year also.

kickgoals said:
Has been reported on another site that Bryan Davies and Bannister have all been resigned for next year. Also stated that Jesse Smith has been asked to continue training with the club, what do you guys make of all this. Mentioned that they will not be promoting any rookies at this stage.Maybe smith is still a chance at being with the club next year also.

Which site is this? Can you please post the link?

yeah it was posted on talking carlton says he/she spoke to some players at the cox plate. Pretty sure this is true as all the mentioned players apart from smith were doing a time trial yesterday morning, hartlett brought up the rear.

Poor ol' Adam, he tries so hard, lets hope he can gain some fitness this pre-season.

Be intersting to see who else is going, all will be revealed in 2 days:D .

kickgoals said:
If this is true then there won't be any more delistings this year.

isn;t it too late for anymore delistings isn;t the list surpose to be at the Afl on Tuesday?
good to hear bannister, chris bryan davies & Smith being resigned :)

kickgoals said:

Hopefully they have all only been given one year deals. Really need to set the world on fire next year to still be on the list on 08.

kickgoals said:
yeah it was posted on talking carlton says he/she spoke to some players at the cox plate. Pretty sure this is true as all the mentioned players apart from smith were doing a time trial yesterday morning, hartlett brought up the rear.
i thought hartlett was quick and fit, boy was i wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't worry too much about Hartlett...he's been injured and he's probably been training to play fullback...FF and FBs typically finish at the back of these sorts of races.

http://www.talkingcarlton.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13286

Grape Vine is Davies is gone (who knows, we assume he should be but they may have patience), and heard from a couple of people (not sources) that DeLuca actually resigned (as in quit) to pursue business interest.

If true about Deluca that would be quit now on your terms or be pushed (speculating on the last sentence).

Anyway, I have no contacts or know this as fact, but interesting notes from people.

So we have six delistings and one retirement, and Ackland virtually signed.

So we have 6 more to pick up.

1, 17, 19, 35, 51

plus one rookie elevation or we use 67 and don't elevate anybody.

Sounds like we will re-rookie Smith and with Jackson, Flint and Aisake there, we will only pick up one rookie.

Bryan safe, Bannister and Teague safe, Davies gone, DeLuca quit, Gibbs #1.

See "trivial form guide" post. - MV R8 #7 was Reggie. Rival of Reggie?? (Think Veronica Lodge)

Club talking to "Archie" again Monday but he's had enough

ericpascoe said:
Bryan safe, Bannister and Teague safe, Davies gone, DeLuca quit, Gibbs #1.

See "trivial form guide" post. - MV R8 #7 was Reggie. Rival of Reggie?? (Think Veronica Lodge)

Club talking to "Archie" again Monday but he's had enough

It seems that there was no need for me to be cryptic. Just saw Talking Carlton and this story has now broken there.

DeLuca to retire

ericpascoe said:
It seems that there was no need for me to be cryptic. Just saw Talking Carlton and this story has now broken there.

DeLuca to retire

Stop posting rubbish.

Deluca retiring is just a rumour, and until it is confirmed by either player or club, that is exactly what it will remain.

Stop trying to make it come across as though it is fact, or it has been confirmed.

Would you rather we all wait till something is confirmed on Carltonfc before we post it here?

Fat lot of good that would make this forum - we would all just be regurgitating official news

My point was that my post from Saturday (which was deliberately cryptic) seems to be redundant as other posters, on other pages, are being explicit about it.

By the way, its only rubbish if it turns out to be untrue. If its true, it will have been good oil and your apology will be gratefully accepted:)

stokesy said:
Very very disappointing by Hartlett if true.

Only about 17 or 18 players ran the time trial as official training doesn't start for another week.

No need to worry just yet and lets face it, someone has to finish last anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris bryan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back