chris egan

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 20, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
i was just wondering wat u guys think of egan.. i think he shows alot of talent, i no that its early days onli paying 13 games but there is a lot 2 like about this guy. just wanted other peoples views about him??

I think the Pies should be really excited about this kid. I liked the look of him in Round 8 (Did get some lucky goals though :D ) but has a huge vertical leap, pace, bucket load of x-factor and isn't merely an athlete.
Is soft though. But if he can develop a defensive side to his game he should be very good

just following j26's link - there are some awesome stats there for a 1st year player.

- 16 touches on debut
- 15 touches two weeks later
- 20 touches a 2 goals in Rnd.16
- 19 touches two weeks after that

and then it seems the long year took its toll on him.

as others have said already, he is one to get excited about. :thumbsu:

I actually think one of the things that was least talked about is how well he seemed to move in traffic.

Although we didn't play well, I noticed his evasion and awareness of what was going on around him was very good in round 17 against St Kilda.

No one can really judge Egan at the moment, because he has only played the one year. Egan is now moving into his second year of football, so we should get some idea of how good this kid could really be.

At the moment Egan hasn't really "stood out" in a long period of any match - he has shown glimpses here and there, but nothing spetacular. He is an exciting talent with freakish abilities, other then this, I really don't know at the moment.

Come back to me in a years time and I should know. :)

IMO he'll just be another leon davis. goes missing way too often and pops up does something great then thats it. wont be long before all calling for a trade

derro said:
IMO he'll just be another leon davis. goes missing way too often and pops up does something great then thats it. wont be long before all calling for a trade

He's a first year player. What first year player doesn't go missing??

Rash generalisation... try looking past his skin colour.

He may not develop into a star, down the track he may float in and out of games. But at this stage of his short professional career he looks to be an excitement machine.

Let's wait a couple of years before you write him off, redneck!!

yes i agree i dunt think people shood be judgeing him so negatively, he was a first year player.his got freakish skills and talent.. i understand wat ur talking about with leon he is inconsistent but to be saying that egan will b they same, i dunt think u shood b judging him like that its still early dais... his a fairly lanky guy but 2 see him put his body on the line against sydney i admired that. looking forward to see wat he can do this year

yeah dont take any notice of 'derro', ive come to realise after reading a few of his posts that comments like this about players like egan are common for him.

guess you reckon our rookie shannon cox is useless too mate? :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Egan needs to add more weight and then he will have confidence to put his body on the line more. We have seen a few soft moments from Egan but also a few courageous moments (his pack mark with the flight of the ball and putting his body on the line against Sydney).

As for the comparison to Davis they are completely different players. Leon Davis is an exciting yet inconsistant forward pocket goal sneak, Egan is an exciting flanker with flair, class and just the right height, and has midfield potential. Unlike Davis early in his career he is not lost further up the field.

Brilliant_Pies said:
Did nothing in 2005 (Take out the WCE game and the other 4th quaters when he got a few cheap kicks when the game was all over). Will be surprised with his attitude if anything changes over the next 5 years. Will never be as good as Leon Neon.

**** you have no clue do you?

Brilliant_Pies said:
Did nothing in 2005 (Take out the WCE game and the other 4th quaters when he got a few cheap kicks when the game was all over). Will be surprised with his attitude if anything changes over the next 5 years. Will never be as good as Leon Neon.

We should probably delist him now if that is the case as leon is a ordinary player at best.

Brilliant_Pies said:
:thumbsdown:

Egan's ability to get involved in the play and present is already much better than Davis'. If he can't kick goals he will offer leads up the wing and is quite a good mark out in front due to his excellent spring. I don't think he will be as miraculous as Davis can be but I expect him to be a much better and solid player for us.

His softness can be attributed to his build...hes still extremely thin and with bulk will come confidence.

Lockyer24 said:
Egan's ability to get involved in the play and present is already much better than Davis'. .

Different stlye of player completely. Davis is a short fat goalsneak, Egan is a lanky tall running type who potentially play a number of roles, including goalsneak, midfield, ar sweeper across half back, in a Rhyce Shaw/Ben Johnson/Ryan Lonie type role. In fact thats where I'd like him to play a bit this year.

In a couple of games he has already proven that he will be more versatile than Leon Davis.

Remove this Banner Ad

chris egan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back