nicho_magic

Premiership Player
Sep 6, 2004
Saudi Arabia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
vics
can't wait to see him play on friday, one of the most relaxed proffesional sportsmen i have ever seen, looks like he could fall asleep on the field and he is a very handy bat, bowler and feilder... throwing technique is very unusual yet effective.

i realy like gayle as a player , he is exciting to watch bat , has that calypso flare that i grew up with..good fieldsman and effective bowler..certainly is a casual fella but great for cricket..think the aussie crowds will adopt this bloke..

probably one of my fav crickters to watch at the moment, ive allso have an interest in the windies and since hes been in the team hes imprest me a lot, i reckon he could get the windies into the finals just by his own bat and fielding, hopefully they see some sense and pick powell over samuels and i reckon a full strength windies team could nearly nock off the aussies in the finals, if gayle can take to mcgrath and get quick runs on the board at the start i could see the aussies getten a lot of pressure on them becuase lee, hogg, watson etc could be very expensive at the hands f gayle and lara

When you first see him he does look somewhat disinterested but he's just very calm and cool the way he goes about things. One of those types of people who look like they'd be very funny.

he has the most weirdest throwing action i have ever seen....but it is efficent and it works for him so why change it

Watto said:
When you first see him he does look somewhat disinterested but he's just very calm and cool the way he goes about things. One of those types of people who look like they'd be very funny.
yeah agreed, i would love to play with him

brilliant pies said:
he has the most weirdest throwing action i have ever seen....but it is efficent and it works for him so why change it

I agree. Every one of his throws came back right over the bails. At least he can throw better than some of his teammates

I like how Chris Gayle always hits the fast bowlers over there heads for a six, theres nothing better to do to a fast bowler :D i went to the ROW V Asia 11 and i was looking forward to him and Gilly smashing them around.... :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monty Cora said:
I agree. Every one of his throws came back right over the bails. At least he can throw better than some of his teammates

Yes that is a good statement, he is one of a kind. You come up with all good Posts and Threads... Well done Monty :)

CrUsTy86 said:
Yes that is a good statement, he is one of a kind. You come up with all good Posts and Threads... Well done Monty :)

Errr, thanks :confused:
I don't know about him being one of a kind though. I know plenty of people who can only throw underarm.

Petrie Dish said:
Carl Hooper Mk II, although more explosive with the bat.
Yes, very true. But did Carl Hooper ever bowl with a hat and sunglasses on?

I've liked the G-Train as I like to call him since I saw him make a brilliant round about 80 ball hundred against South Africa last summer, in which in one stage he was on track to do it in about 65 or so balls. His test average of 38 could be and should be alot better, as Steve Waugh said the other night he doesn't know how good he is yet and that being the case doesn't put proper value to his wicket. Which is acceptable in the one day form but in test cricket opening the batting he needs to not only concentrate more but not be so beligerent and disrespectful to the bowling (if that makes any sense?)

He is my favourite cricketer though and I hope he has a big one tommorow with bat and ball, should be good.

People who knock him havent seen much Windies cricket lately apart from the last two internationals in Australia.

After watching the Aus A Windies games he is a powerful and strong batsman who is also one of the most laid back players I have ever seen.

Love watching him play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Gayle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back