Chris Scott on Doc Larkins - "unprofessional"

Remove this Banner Ad

Not surprised by this one tbh.
Loves having a sook does Chris.
Wakes up Monday morning, sh*t shower shave, then straight into having a big fat ******* sook about something. Afternoons, evening too. There'll be something to have a sook about, don't worry about that.

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, same as Monday. Have a fu**in' sook.

"And what are you having for lunch today Chris?"
"A big fat ******* sook of course!"
"So the usual, good choice sir!"

Weekend, he'll find something to sook about. Don't worry about that.

Loves sooking does Chris. Loves it.
It's like oxygen. He can't live without complaining about something.
I reckon he'd drop dead if he went 5 minutes without a whinge.

😂😂😂😂

Embarrassing that Eddie McGuire knows more about the latest modern Lisfranc surgery techniques than the Doc.

It’s surely 101 in the Doctors code to not talk about other people surgeries. It’s not like it’s an ex footballer spitballing.

Scotty did go a little at the man but his point is valid and I think he’s fired up this week which is a good thing as we are going to need it.

I dont get what Scott said wrong here? He was asked a question about someone he clearley doesn't respect and gave a succint, honest answer which wasn't particularly over the top or personal. Yet judging from the responses here you would have thought he came out and vomited up an unprompted rant.

Do people just want everyone to respond 'no comment'? One thing I despise about Australian culture is the expectation that anyone in any sort of position should be cold and grey.

Perhaps I'm overthinking it tho, and people just don't like Scott, and will happily winge on a footy forum about how his tie is a bit crooked.

I love Scotty defending the club, passionate man.
Also love the way it riles up opposition fans who start whinging, the irony is amazing.

Most of you won't be as glowing of CS if the Cats lose another Prelim under his watch.

The good Doc has been diagnosing footy injuries from afar for decades…in the 1990s he invented medical-sounding words like ‘hyperextension’ and ‘osteitis pubis’ and just a couple of years ago, he invented ‘syndesmosis’.

How dare anyone suggest he is unprofessional!

What about sublux of the shoulder ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont get what Scott said wrong here? He was asked a question about someone he clearley doesn't respect and gave a succint, honest answer which wasn't particularly over the top or personal. Yet judging from the responses here you would have thought he came out and vomited up an unprompted rant.

Do people just want everyone to respond 'no comment'? One thing I despise about Australian culture is the expectation that anyone in any sort of position should be cold and grey.

Perhaps I'm overthinking it tho, and people just don't like Scott, and will happily winge on a footy forum about how his tie is a bit crooked.
Accurate reporting of what Scott says in press conferences ran out of media mileage 3 Carlton coaches ago. They need to stretch his words a long way to get anything newsworthy.

Last edited:

Totally agree. I love to sink the boots into Scott but calling out Larkins, especially when answering a question from the media, to defend his club and its employees is completely fine.

Larking might be able to give some reports from the boundary during a match because of his experience but post that, when others have had a chance to look at scans and do their own tests, he should take a seat.

Chris Scott is just defending his club and staff. He was asked about it and gave an answer.

Once again, it is another example of Chris Scott doing something and everyone blowing it out of proportion. Compared to what coaches have said in the past, its actually quite tame and reasonable?

Totally agree. I love to sink the boots into Scott but calling out Larkins, especially when answering a question from the media, to defend his club and its employees is completely fine.

Larking might be able to give some reports from the boundary during a match because of his experience but post that, when others have had a chance to look at scans and do their own tests, he should take a seat.

Or he is a whiny little bitch who got caught out selling false hope to Cats supporters.

Or he is a whiny little b*tch who got caught out selling false hope to Cats supporters.

What false hope has he given?

He has never said Tom Stewart will play, only that he is a chance. At the press conference after the GWS game he was amused at how Tom Stewards progress was that he was able to go up stairs. He has never claimed anything other the it is unlikely, but the doctors have a checklist and Stewart is going through it. Thats it. I don't think anyone truly expects him to play.

As one of those cat supporters you reference, I feel he has been pretty clear on the Tom Stewart situation.

Lisfranc injuries are career threatening. Selling hopecandy to fans that he could make it back in a fortnight is ridiculous. Don't stop whinging though Scott, Christ knows you love to do it.

Lisfranc injuries are career threatening. Selling hopecandy to fans that he could make it back in a fortnight is ridiculous. Don't stop whinging though Scott, Christ knows you love to do it.
What uninformed nonsense. Most of this thread is filled with fans talking utter shit.
Trained medical professionals have Stewart listed as 2-3 weeks.

The GF is 18 days away from when the injury list update.
Right snap bang in the middle of the expected return timeframe given by qualified medical experts.

Meanwhile this thread, and Doc Larkins just represents a collective gathering of dipshits sitting in the cheap seats taking potshots.
All Scott did was defend his medical staff from someone outside the 4 walls who called into question their integrity on twitter.

Doc deserved his clip back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Scott on Doc Larkins - "unprofessional"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back