Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

So far we’ve learnt that Trac is worth: Nick Daicos + 1st round pick, McKay + two first round picks, King plus picks 5 and 6….

For a player that might only have 3 good years left FMD he’s worth a truckload! Most expensive trade in history by some margin.
He's a great player but severely overrated by Melbourne supporters, IMO.

He's not peak Dusty/Judd.

So far we’ve learnt that Trac is worth: Nick Daicos + 1st round pick, McKay + two first round picks, King plus picks 5 and 6….

For a player that might only have 3 good years left FMD he’s worth a truckload! Most expensive trade in history by some margin.

Sound like type of bloke who would walk into a Ferrari dealership with 25k and expect to drive out the latest model.

Don’t have the capital, this isn’t a Jeremy Cameron situation where he is an out contract Free agent. Trac has 5 years remaining.

Geelong would need to part ways with a player like a Holmes or Miers to even get into the conversation as 2 picks in the teens won’t get close.
Yeah but as it stands we have as many things to trade as some teams you liked as in the hunt.

Doesn't matter, don't think we're chasing him unfortunately.

Official grounds for what?

I'm saying his worth is being massively overrated by Melbourne supporters.

That's no different to supporters from any team rating their own players.

What do you think his worth or are you in the pick in the teens and McGinnis camp?

Considering he is our best player, contracted, future captain, norm smith medallist, multiple AA and we are happy to keep him.

What do you think his worth or are you in the pick in the teens and McGinnis camp?

Considering he is our best player, contracted, future captain and we are happy to keep him.
I think he's a great player.

Top 5 pick on its own and a young b22 would be about the mark.

Bearing in mind he's on a huge contract, so Melbourne would have to foot the bill for a lot of it. If they're willing to take most of it on, then a late teens could be added.

Nobody would be coughing up a top 5 and top 10 pick for him, I imagine.

Having said that, media generally have NFI about trade value of players. Some suggestions they come up with every year are laughable.

I think he's a great player.

Top 5 pick on its own and a young b22 would be about the mark.

Bearing in mind he's on a huge contract, so Melbourne would have to foot the bill for a lot of it. If they're willing to take most of it on, then a late teens could be added.

Nobody would be coughing up a top 5 and top 10 pick for him, I imagine.

Having said that, media generally have NFI about trade value of players. Some suggestions they come up with every year are laughable.

Why the **** would we fit the bill on a player we want to keep?

If we are paying his contract he is staying at the Dees.

One of the dumbest things I have heard on here for a while.

IF Melbourne can swallow the pill and accept they are in rebuild territory, they could absolutely load up on this draft which is fairly even at the top and bats very deep AND get in the rebuild swing before the Tasmanian side enter. They could end up with a heap of picks in this draft if the players mentioned across the media are really available

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why the **** would we fit the bill on a player we want to keep?

If we are paying his contract he is staying at the Dees.

One of the dumbest things I have heard on here for a while.
That's because you're not thinking about it in the slightest.

Your window is nailed shut.

So you can either offload an asset that wants to leave and get a really strong draft hand in return.

Or you can keep him and be a middling side until he retires.

Sounds like Oliver also has one foot out the door too, so if the club just bites the bullet, you could set yourself up massively.

By all means, keep both and settle for mid table finishes for the next 5 or so years.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

That's because you're not thinking about it in the slightest.

Your window is nailed shut.

So you can either offload an asset that wants to leave and get a really strong draft hand in return.

Or you can keep him and be a middling side until he retires.

Sounds like Oliver also has one foot out the door too, so if the club just bites the bullet, you could set yourself up massively.

By all means, keep both and settle for mid table finishes for the next 5 or so years.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Always that one bloke these days that thinks every trade is a salary cap dump now 😂😂

Same bloke who wanted 3 top 5 picks for an unproven 18 year old.

Last edited:
GC give: Pick 5, Pick 13, Pick 20, Port F1 (Luko)

Melb give: Petracca, Pick 43, Pick 49

That’s 4 first round picks and probably the only time any team could ever afford to offer that. Does that make it happen?

Yes, but doubt you get F1 for Luko, bloke is running around in the 2s

Always that one bloke these days that thinks every trade is a salary cap dump now 😂😂
You've entirely missed the point, which is unsurprising.

If Melbourne offers to take on salary in exchange for more draft capital, then that is another option.

Sorry I had to spell it out for you clearly, I though I made it fairly obvious.

You've entirely missed the point, which is unsurprising.

If Melbourne offers to take on salary in exchange for more draft capital, then that is another option.

Sorry I had to spell it out for you clearly, I though I made it fairly obvious.

I asked what you would put up and you went off on a tangent. Still waiting for your actual answer.

Noting we were discussing Collingwood who have **** all trade capital as it is so absolutely no idea why we would be suggesting trying to get even more capital off them.

I asked what you would put off and you went off on a tangent. Still waiting for your actual answer.

I've NFI what you are talking about. You asked what I think he's worth and I gave you a clear answer.

Noting we were discussing Collingwood who have **** all trade capital as it is.

I wasn't discussing Collingwood, I was discussing his potential trade value, like you asked.

Clearly Collingwood don't have the required capital to get it done. Petracca's dreaming if he thinks he can request a trade there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back