Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

If they dont reload this year then its time to let him go if he wants too and begin the rebuild. If im Bulldogs id be offering Naughton for Petracca + filler. Alternatively if im North Melbourne im splitting pick 2 for Gold COasts 7 and 12and offering pick 7 + 22 for example

If they dont reload this year then its time to let him go if he wants too and begin the rebuild. If im Bulldogs id be offering Naughton for Petracca + filler. Alternatively if im North Melbourne im splitting pick 2 for Gold COasts 7 and 12and offering pick 7 + 22 for example
He is worth more than 7 + 22

I don't think so at 29. Probably about as good as you could hope for.
Age is a concern but dynamic line breaking mids that can go forward are just priceless and he is one of the best in the comp.

They say no player is bigger than the club

To me this is a rare exception. You’d clear out several coaches and overheads if it meant keeping Petracca happy at the club. It’s not enough to hold him to his deal and keep things the same. While Petracca, May, Oliver etc are in their prime, you have to make the most of the time they have left and have them happy and wanting.

Would pay our first this year and our future first no issues
Yeah but that's tracking to be ~16 + F1, which could well be worse than 7+22.

If he was 26, they could name their price. At 29, 7 + 22 is a decent offer.

Age is a concern but dynamic line breaking mids that can go forward are just priceless and he is one of the best in the comp.

No question about his ability, but the reality is he could have as few as 3 good years left. Explosive athletes are always a risk post 30.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I'm gold coast I'm giving up lukoscious, 8, 10 and 20. Dimma just coaches him like dusty.

Freo I'm giving up the 3 first rounders and not worrying about Bolton or baker

North I'm giving 2, 23 and phillips

Saints I'm giving king and a first
He's too old for the farm like that. Has disaster written all over it.

If I'm gold coast I'm giving up lukoscious, 8, 10 and 20. Dimma just coaches him like dusty.

Freo I'm giving up the 3 first rounders and not worrying about Bolton or baker

North I'm giving 2, 23 and phillips

Saints I'm giving king and a first
He's almost 29... and coming off a very serious injury.

Nothing will come from this in terms of Petracca being traded but you can bet every dollar you have that it'll push change to happen behind the scenes at the Dees. It's clear things are not all rosey there. I hope they can sort it all out, there's a heap of likable players there.

Edit: But if there was a chance - there's not a lot I wouldn't give up for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back