Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a rumor a few weeks ago a Friday captains run was cancelled to keep the media away because of a massive name touring Arden St.

Petracca was the rumored player, was called BS at the time

I reckon we'd offer pick. 2.
He's 29 and had a big injury.
Idk though it could be a big price.

Would have been nicer if he was 1-2 years younger...but the thing about talent is when they want to come to you, you make it happen and pay. You don't go that far down the path with a top end player without being willing to pay up. You're getting talent, culture and leadership all in one hit. He's not just a skilled player.

Brisbane has paid up for Neale, Dunkley, Cameron etc

Would have been nicer if he was 1-2 years younger...but the thing about talent is when they want to come to you, you make it happen and pay. You don't go that far down the path with a top end player without being willing to pay up. You're getting talent, culture and leadership all in one hit. He's not just a skilled player.

Yep, the injury is the main risk, but Trac is the kind of guy if OK in that regards that would still be having an impact in 4 years.

The midfield would be that dominant we’d be playing finals in 2025 imo.

Sheezel Wardlaw and McKercher another year older and Xerri, LDU and Petracca pretty much in or entering their primes.

A starting center square group of Xerri, LDU, Wardlaw and Petracca would be nuts from an athletic POV.

100% if the trade goes through to any club all I can guarantee is this thread will be a fish wives paradise.
Haggle haggle haggle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, the injury is the main risk, but Trac is the kind of guy if OK in that regards that would still be having an impact in 4 years.

The midfield would be that dominant we’d be playing finals in 2025 imo.

Sheezel Wardlaw and McKercher another year older and Xerri, LDU and Petracca pretty much in or entering their primes.

A starting center square group of Xerri, LDU, Wardlaw and Petracca would be nuts from an athletic POV.

Petracca is in his prime with the unforeseen bit being how long he can stay there at 29 next year. Melbourne obviously thought a long time contracting him until 2029 is it? If North could re-structure the deal I'd assume they'd want to front load more of it so that those 2027-9 year cap hits aren't as big and can be used on others.

Petracca is in his prime with the unforeseen bit being how long he can stay there at 29 next year. Melbourne obviously thought a long time contracting him until 2029 is it? If North could re-structure the deal I'd assume they'd want to front load more of it so that those 2027-9 year cap hits aren't as big and can be used on others.

We could front load a metric shit ton so he’d be on a draftee level contract by that point.

We could probably afford 3 Petracca’s at the moment, I’m not worried about his salary.

His value given his age and injury is the interesting question.

We could front load a metric shit ton so he’d be on a draftee level contract by that point.

We could probably afford 3 Petracca’s at the moment, I’m not worried about his salary.

His value given his age and injury is the interesting question.

He's either injured to the extent that you wouldn't take his $$$ deal let alone give up picks. Or he isn't in which case he is worth pick 2 and another pick. IMO North need small forwards, defenders and an experienced mid like Petracca, so he fits. You fill the other gaps through FA.

If they dont reload this year then its time to let him go if he wants too and begin the rebuild. If im Bulldogs id be offering Naughton for Petracca + filler. Alternatively if im North Melbourne im splitting pick 2 for Gold COasts 7 and 12and offering pick 7 + 22 for example
If this is remotely a real possibility, the bulldogs should swap midfielders.
Smithy and some filler.

Isn't your salary cap maxed?
I thought you guys were struggling to sign anyone let alone a bloke on 1 mil per year for the next 5
Don’t ask too many questions or you’ll have the Sicilians knocking on your door

Logistically we’d need to give up a great player plus picks, so Cerra or McKay out would nearly or completely cover the difference

Also just hire his mum as manager of some business the club has

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back