Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne should just get rid of him now.

It is zero good keeping a player who doesn't want to be there - if that's true.

Use his contract to your advantage and get the excess value now.
They are in rebuild territory anyway. They are not winning a flag with Harrison Petty at full forward which is all thats going to happen

People are way off base in thinking he is a certainty to stay in Melbourne also.

I look at a club like Gold Coast as a great option for him to land at. Pick 5 and Lukoisus compo for Petracca works.

I look at a club like Gold Coast as a great option for him to land at. Pick 5 and Lukoisus compo for Petracca works.

I think the Bombers have the draft capital and resources to make a trade happen. There desperate for success and someone like Petracca would be a boost to their chances. If he was to leave, I cant see his future outside of Victoria.

I think the Bombers have the draft capital and resources to make a trade happen. They were in the 8 for most of the season, desperate for success and someone like Petracca would be a boost to their chances. If he was to leave, I cant see his future outside of Victoria.

Would love Petracca but we need key fwdline players. Small fwd and a key target.

he would be a great get, but TBH i want one to pry king out of st kilda.

Stick in him the forward line, tell Stringer to get out of the way and you will get 40 goals from him.

who's kicking the other 40 that we need? lol

That Caddy has potential.

he will take a few years to develop.

our fwdline is a shit show.

dont get me wrong, id take Petracca if the deal was right.

Teams I think can get a trade done
  • Carlton - 2 firsts and/or a McKay/Cerra type
  • Essendon - 2 firsts and/or a Tsatis/Hobbs type
  • St Kilda - 2 firsts (also have a few players which could help it out like a Ross for leadership)
  • Bulldogs - 2 firsts (they should get one for Bailey smith)
  • Richmond - 2 firsts (or more) from losing Baker/Rioli ect
  • North: 2 firsts (including pick 2)

Then you got WCE/Gold Coast/Freo who also got the capital.

Teams who can’t get a trade done:
  • Collingwood
  • Geelong
  • Hawks (after Barrass)

So he has plenty of options if he is serious

Last edited:
Delusional Collingwood supporters in bigfooty thinking “a deal will get done” when they have zero draft capital, 5 years left remaining on his contract because of rumours he wants to get to them.

Nicksplat Nickelodeon GIF by Hey Arnold

I don’t see Melbourne trading him but youd have to listen to St kilda if they put up something like picks 5,6 and max king
Petracca would want to go there of course too

Delusional Collingwood supporters in bigfooty thinking “a deal will get done” when they have zero draft capital, 5 years left remaining on his contract because of rumours he wants to get to them.

Nicksplat Nickelodeon GIF by Hey Arnold

I'd agree with you if Melbourne were in Premiership contention. But they aren't, and they won't be for another 3 - 4 years, when Petracca is in his 30's. Hard player so injuries will start to limit his games played in the coming years.

So Melbourne can keep a player that doesn't want to be there, who will more than likely become injury prone and needs to be managed, eventually plonked in the forward line due to having limited movement.

Or... they can offload him, get rid of a huge contract, do a mini rebuild and be back in contention in a few years. Collingwood will still be able to put up a deal. There can be players, future picks, cash payments and under the table talks such as Collingwood giving you an early draft picks for an absolute dud of a player in a few years time. If a team really wants a player, a trade will get done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood will still be able to put up a deal. There can be players, future picks, cash payments and under the table talks such as Collingwood giving you an early draft picks for an absolute dud of a player in a few years time. If a team really wants a player, a trade will get done.

Unless you offer the Lexus Centre this wont be happening.

I'd agree with you if Melbourne were in Premiership contention. But they aren't, and they won't be for another 3 - 4 years, when Petracca is in his 30's. Hard player so injuries will start to limit his games played in the coming years.

So Melbourne can keep a player that doesn't want to be there, who will more than likely become injury prone and needs to be managed, eventually plonked in the forward line due to having limited movement.

Or... they can offload him, get rid of a huge contract, do a mini rebuild and be back in contention in a few years. Collingwood will still be able to put up a deal. There can be players, future picks, cash payments and under the table talks such as Collingwood giving you an early draft picks for an absolute dud of a player in a few years time. If a team really wants a player, a trade will get done.

lol you know they are scraping the barrel when they start discussing under the table compensation.

How’s that gonna go down to members when Petracca is offloaded for a pick in the teens and Mcinnis? “Collingwood said they l sort us a solid in the future so all good”.

Realistically Collingwood would need to put 2 of J Daicos, Quaynor or Hill on the table to probably even get the dees talking considering the lack of capital they have.

Teams I think can get a trade done
  • Carlton - 2 firsts and/or a McKay/Cerra type
  • Essendon - 2 firsts and/or a Tsatis/Hobbs type
  • St Kilda - 2 firsts (also have a few players which could help it out like a Ross for leadership)
  • Bulldogs - 2 firsts (they should get one for Bailey smith)
  • Richmond - 2 firsts (or more) from losing Baker/Rioli ect
  • North: 2 firsts (including pick 2)

Then you got WCE/Gold Coast/Freo who also got the capital.

Teams who can’t get a trade done:
  • Collingwood
  • Geelong
  • Hawks (after Barrass)

So he has plenty of options if he is serious
2 first and Mckay? What in the cookery????

Carlton’s firsts likely to be in the teens. Your 2025 first could be pick 18+ with Trac in the team. You would also likely near to clear cap space for him.
Yeah... Mckay at 27 years old is at worst just a notch below the value of Trac at 29 coming off one of the worst injuries in recent memory. Adding 2 firsts onto that is just taking the piss lmao.

Dees supporters are going be very disappointed if he leaves because you won't get anywhere near the deals you think you'll get.

Dees supporters are going be very disappointed if he leaves because you won't get anywhere near the deals you think you'll get.

Love it how Collingwood fans keep rolling out these classic big footy phrases in this thread despite having **** all trade capital to even get close to Trac

I think the Bombers have the draft capital and resources to make a trade happen. There desperate for success and someone like Petracca would be a boost to their chances. If he was to leave, I cant see his future outside of Victoria.
Yeah but the bloke wants to win another flag.

That requires winning at least 3 finals.

Essendon can't even win one...

Love it how Collingwood fans keep rolling out these classic big footy phrases in this thread despite having **** all trade capital to even get close to Trac

Let's see if you guys are happy with the haul if trade gets done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back