Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus, I can't tell who is funnier:
1) Trac for actually thinking he can get anywhere near the Pies
2) Pies fans thinking there's a chance

There is literally no scenario Pies can satisfy Melbourne.

Sydney is one who should be ringing him daily to see if they can convince him. They can do it if let go of Warner and 4 years of Trac is a lot better than probably 1 year of Warner

Jesus, I can't tell who is funnier:
1) Trac for actually thinking he can get anywhere near the Pies
2) Pies fans thinking there's a chance

There is literally no scenario Pies can satisfy Melbourne.

Sydney is one who should be ringing him daily to see if they can convince him. They can do it if let go of Warner and 4 years of Trac is a lot better than probably 1 year of Warner

I assume Sydney’s preference is to convince Warner to actually stay.

He’d be much more valuable, given his age, than Petracca.

I assume their preference is to convince Warner to actually stay.

He’d be much more valuable, given his age, than Petracca.
I'm sure that's the preference as well, but if he's said he's probably leaving? Surely this is the perfect replacement scenario and they should be all over it.

I have a strong disdain for Tom Morris but it is very clear that Petracca and his team are leaking to Tom Morris.

Give me a leader like Gawn over Petracca any day of the week. At the first sign of trouble he wants out. Pathetic.

Teams I think can get a trade done
  • Carlton - 2 firsts and/or a McKay/Cerra type
  • Essendon - 2 firsts and/or a Tsatis/Hobbs type
  • St Kilda - 2 firsts (also have a few players which could help it out like a Ross for leadership)
  • Bulldogs - 2 firsts (they should get one for Bailey smith)
  • Richmond - 2 firsts (or more) from losing Baker/Rioli ect
  • North: 2 firsts (including pick 2)

Then you got WCE/Gold Coast/Freo who also got the capital.

Teams who can’t get a trade done:
  • Collingwood
  • Geelong
  • Hawks (after Barrass)

So he has plenty of options if he is serious

I don't think Geelong are at all in the hunt here but curious as to why you think cats wouldn't be able to get the trade done. I like Smith but would drop that trade like a hot rock for Tracc

Swans would make sense if he was open to moving cities and could fit in their cap somehow. They also have 3 firsts (albeit late).

I don't think Geelong are at all in the hunt here but curious as to why you think cats wouldn't be able to get the trade done. I like Smith but would drop that trade like a hot rock for Tracc
I feel like that sort of move just doesn't happen, especially by the Cats. You're club has a fair bit of goodwill across the AFL which is worth way more than a 29yo Petracca.

I'd agree with you if Melbourne were in Premiership contention. But they aren't, and they won't be for another 3 - 4 years, when Petracca is in his 30's. Hard player so injuries will start to limit his games played in the coming years.

So Melbourne can keep a player that doesn't want to be there, who will more than likely become injury prone and needs to be managed, eventually plonked in the forward line due to having limited movement.

Or... they can offload him, get rid of a huge contract, do a mini rebuild and be back in contention in a few years. Collingwood will still be able to put up a deal. There can be players, future picks, cash payments and under the table talks such as Collingwood giving you an early draft picks for an absolute dud of a player in a few years time. If a team really wants a player, a trade will get done.

This guy replying to my post about delusional Collingwood supporters, only to support my theory.

Don’t have the capital, this isn’t a Jeremy Cameron situation where he is an out contract Free agent. Trac has 5 years remaining.

Geelong would need to part ways with a player like a Holmes or Miers to even get into the conversation as 2 picks in the teens won’t get close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vic clubs

Hawks are getting Battle and Barrass
Cats are getting Smith and into Oliver

Nth, Richmond, St Kilda I can't imagine being an option.

Blues would be a great option problem is salary cap and they would need to offload a Cerra, I can't imagine them trading a young contracted player.

Essendon aren't the most stable club atm and haven't won a final in 20 years.

Dogs?

Pies don't have the pick/picks atm doesn't mean we can't try to get them, It's unlikely.

The value for Trac in here insane, he is a star unfortunately he is almost 30 and coming off a serious potentially career ending injury.

3 good years maybe? Are clubs going to blow it up for that?

Warner right now would be worth more then Trac.

Get angry all you like Demon fans, this situation is the clubs fault.

…and yet all around the league, clubs are regularly praised for handing out stupidly long contracts under the guise of stability.

The players have way too much power now - I doubt the league care as long as it increases post-GF media clicks and provides potential ‘marquee’ games for ‘blah blah against his old team’.

Vic clubs

Blues would be a great option problem is salary cap and they would need to offload a Cerra, I can't imagine them trading a young contracted player.

Dogs?

Pies don't have the pick/picks atm doesn't mean we can't try to get them, It's unlikely.

The value for Trac in here insane, he is a star unfortunately he is almost 30 and coming off a serious potentially career ending injury.

He was 27 start of this year…

Tell that to Tom Morris who suggested that scenario on SEN

McKay would almost be a straight swap for Trac.

How often do clubs get a chance at a big forward who has won a Coleman?

Haha talk him down because he wants to land at Collingwood. He's manager has told him already no deal is possible at Collingwood
Not talking him down. Just stating facts. If I was talking him down I would say he is a hack who has poor kicking efficiency and can't win his own ball(sic). He is a great player just getting close to the end. He will be lucky to get another 75-100 games and they wont be his best games. Be very happy to get him but not for 3 first round equivalently in picks and players.

Last edited:
Vic clubs

Dogs?

Then don’t trade for him, simple.

More than happy to keep him and hope he stays.

Brisbane get: Christian Petracca
Melbourne get: Cameron Rayner, Brisbanes first round pick

Brisbane get an upgrade on Rayner, and continue to build out the best midfield in the comp. Can take some of the pressure off Neale moving forward, and Petracca likely kicks 35+ as well.

Melbourne get a new centrepiece in the middle, Rayner gets to go home and they get an additional late first round pick. Rayner also gets massive midfield minutes at are building Dees which he just simply cant get at Brisbane.

All wins across the board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back