Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Because he is extremely close with a few Collingwood players and he was a die hard Collingwood fan growing up.

List profile has nothing to do with it, it’s where he will feel happy, which will be to remain at Dees or go to Pies.
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Ok if you think that it does matter , then why wouldn’t it be a perfect fit for him to be a starting on ball brigade with Daicos, De Goey & Petracca.

Just because you don’t want it to happen doesn’t mean it won’t. It’s been widely said Pies are the front runners if he were to leave because that’s where he’d like to go.

I still think Gold Coast should be all over this.

Assets galore to sort this out

Pick 5 + 13 + whatever they get for Lukosius for Petracca + pick 44

For Petracca seems a good fit to. Good list profile, nice place to live. A midfield that has a ton of guys to get the ball out to him and a place where he wont be under such huge pressure either

Ok if you think that it does matter , then why wouldn’t it be a perfect fit for him to be a starting on ball brigade with Daicos, De Goey & Petracca.

Just because you don’t want it to happen doesn’t mean it won’t. It’s been widely said Pies are the front runners if he were to leave because that’s where he’d like to go.
Because you’ve got holes everywhere else, with older players on the decline and a single top 10 pick under the age of 28.

If Petracca’s manager advises him to go to Collingwood I’ll eat my hat.

Trac has met with Carlton 3 times already
Saints are also making a pitch

No chance Trac stays his goneski. Carlton will find a way to make it happen: TDK and Cerra the most vulnerable to go

Just quietly, reckon you're trying a little too hard here.

Petracca may have met with someone at Carlton, but there is zero chance it's happened 3 times, particularly without it being very widely reported.

Next time, perhaps go with "Trac's management". At least that is far more believable, though CSM aren't exactly running short on clients who they could be meeting about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely unbiased, but does seem like Pies or remain at the Dees for another year at this point. Media street are all over this angle, radio, papers and podcasts.

But How does it get done?

Pies only valuable draft asset is a Future 1st

Fringe OOC players:
Macrae - worthless, F3rd at best
McIness - F2nd at best
Richards - 2nd at best (port offering 4 years, early 30s pick feels about right?)

The Quaynor rumours continue to swirl…

Just can’t see it happening unless there’s another seasoned player thrown in, but anyone of substance is either the wrong side of 30 or would hold little value.

Completely unbiased, but does seem like Pies or remain at the Dees for another year at this point. Media street are all over this angle, radio, papers and podcasts.

But How does it get done?

Pies only valuable draft asset is a Future 1st

Fringe OOC players:
Macrae - worthless, F3rd at best
McIness - F2nd at best
Richards - 2nd at best (port offering 4 years, early 30s pick feels about right?)

The Quaynor rumours continue to swirl…

Just can’t see it happening unless there’s another seasoned player thrown in, but anyone of substance is either the wrong side of 30 or would hold little value.

Suprised Collingwood arnt talking to AFL on an exemption to 2 year trading to see if they can access it a year earlier.

2025 first, 2026 first and change

Seems the most simple approach. A few clubs will have a bitch but they also did when Geelong got a few bounties off Gold Coast.

I still think Gold Coast should be all over this.

Assets galore to sort this out

Pick 5 + 13 + whatever they get for Lukosius for Petracca + pick 44

For Petracca seems a good fit to. Good list profile, nice place to live. A midfield that has a ton of guys to get the ball out to him and a place where he wont be under such huge pressure either

Decent bounty, also thought Freos picks would fit well also.

He would be a game changer in the purple for where there must is at.

Doubt he will want to leave vic though.

Suprised Collingwood arnt talking to AFL on an exemption to 2 year trading to see if they can access it a year earlier.

Seems the most simple approach. A few clubs will have a bitch but they also did when Geelong got a few bounties off Gold Coast.
I agree. Easiest way forward and most logical for all involved.

Just don’t see the AFL bending the rules for a big club.

Which is why I see a Quaynor Tupe being included (who’s probably worth a 1st rounder).

That being said

F1, Quaynor and change doesn’t feel right.

I wouldn't do it. That would probably be two top 10 picks.

If Hawthorn land Josh Battle, St Kilda will have 6&7 in the draft.
Pick 7+F1 or F2 to Melbourne for Trac.
Pick 6 for Dan Houston or mid in the draft.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Melbourne simply can’t lose him, even if it means making him honour out his contract.

Melbourne’s window is now. Although getting draft picks is always good for any team, Melbourne’s era of the last x amount of years has rested on Gawn, May, Petracca, Oliver, Viney.

This core, plus a few others, has another 3 years or so of competing. Melbourne have to make the most of this time and snag another premiership.

Draft picks now are less likely to help that in the next 3 years, as much as losing their best player will.

I would be more risking trying to get a forward.

Tom Lynch to Melbourne on a 2 year deal with Richmond to pay out the remainder of his current salary in 2025 in exchange for whatever draft pick that is worth.

It’s crazy even opposition supporters can see this but our own administration and list management cannot.
How do you know they don’t agree?
Nothing can be done yet so expect weeks of speculation, (unless/until CP says he’s staying).

Melbourne simply can’t lose him, even if it means making him honour out his contract.

Melbourne’s window is now. Although getting draft picks is always good for any team, Melbourne’s era of the last x amount of years has rested on Gawn, May, Petracca, Oliver, Viney.

This core, plus a few others, has another 3 years or so of competing. Melbourne have to make the most of this time and snag another premiership.

Draft picks now are less likely to help that in the next 3 years, as much as losing their best player will.

I would be more risking trying to get a forward.

Tom Lynch to Melbourne on a 2 year deal with Richmond to pay out the remainder of his current salary in 2025 in exchange for whatever draft pick that is worth.
Their window has already passed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back