Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think Collingwood have the salary cap for Trac, has he said what team he is looking for? For example like a bottom middle or top. If we get a chance to get him it would be Will Phillips gone, pick 26 and 2. If not then we should pass on him as if Tom Powell is included to trade for him then that would be a big mistake.

It’s crazy even opposition supporters can see this but our own administration and list management cannot.

It's a tough one for the Dees.

Obviously Collingwood made a grand final in 2018, Prelim 2019, Semi in 2020... And then realised we're gradually trending backwards and thus made the tough calls on Treloar and co.

Everyone including Pies supporters ripped us, especially because we still had to pay Treloar... and we finished second last in 2021... but we all know what happened last year.

So it'd be a risk... there's evidence you can rebuild quickly with some levers but there could be some short term pain. And there's a risk you don't bounce back at all.

I don’t think Collingwood have the salary cap for Trac, has he said what team he is looking for? For example like a bottom middle or top. If we get a chance to get him it would be Will Phillips gone, pick 26 and 2. If not then we should pass on him as if Tom Powell is included to trade for him then that would be a big mistake.

We had a cap problem but we've got Sidebottom, Pendlebury and Howe probably into their last year next year.

We're also coming to the end of paying for Treloar etc.

Our administration have said our priority was fixing the cap and then hitting FA etc.

I don't think the cap is a problem anymore.

Don’t see him leaving the Dees - that said, they have some gaping holes looming in the next 2 years, needing to find replacements for May and Gawn, and inning a KPF to partner alongside JVR and also hope Turner comes along.

If Oliver can’t rekindle his form, then their midfield is shot.

Trac is 29 next year. You want a minimum of 5 seasons from him in return, playing mostly in the guts and drifting forward to hit the scoreboard with a goal per game.

From Carlton’s perspective, I’d say they’d be asking for TDK (Gawn replacement) or Harry (focal point up forward). Cerra’s body is a worry so it won’t hold as close to the trade value as TDK or Harry, despite only being 25 next year.

I reckon he stays.

If Hawthorn land Josh Battle, St Kilda will have 6&7 in the draft.
Pick 7+F1 or F2 to Melbourne for Trac.
Pick 6 for Dan Houston or mid in the draft.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app
News of Petracca wanting out has put the brakes on Houston wanting in.

Why are Pies fans so confident lmao, they have nothing at all to trade.

F1? their 2nd rounder tied to the Hawks? LOL nice jokes pies fans.
Any team can get it done, it's just a matter of whether they really want to.

Not suggesting this happens but just one way the Pies could make it work...

CWD OUT - F1 (CWD), Dan McStay, Jordan Degoey
CWD IN - Christian Petracca, Pick 38 (MEL)

MEL OUT - Christian Petracca, Pick 38 (MEL)
MEL IN - Dan McStay, Matt Owies, F1 (CWD), Pick 11 (CARL)

CARL OUT - Pick 11 (CARL), Matt Owies
CARL IN - Jordan Degoey

The pies don't have the currency to get this trade done.. Cameron took 3 firsts to get to Geelong and i reckon Petracca would cost about the same.

And it took us losing a genuine top 5 Brownlow Medal contender in Tim Kelly to make it happen.

People forget this very easily.

Essentially Cats got Jezza for Tim Kelly.

Lost a superstar in one position to gain one in another.
Won us a Premiership as Jez was BnF in our Premiership year but look at what we lack now....a genuine ball winning midfielder.
Wonder what Tim Kelly's role is?

Typical big Vic club bias where they think they can get EVERYONE and pay sweet **** all to get it.
Nope! Tracca is contracted, it would cost a Kings ransom to pry him out....

CARL IN - Jordan Degoey

LOL good one

Dees say add 10 x firsts and then they'll consider it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CARL IN - Jordan Degoey
You must think the Melbourne and Collingwood list managers are 15yrs old to come up with something as bad as this for each club.

Can a mod please ban that guy for making me visualise Jordan De Goey in a Carlton jumper?

Can a mod please ban that guy for making me visualise Jordan De Goey in a Carlton jumper?

happy game day GIF by CollingwoodFC

Hope this helps...

Didn’t you say Viney was leaving?
I said it’ll happen, it’s a matter of when not if. And I still back it happening even if it doesn’t happen this year
Just quietly, reckon you're trying a little too hard here.

Petracca may have met with someone at Carlton, but there is zero chance it's happened 3 times, particularly without it being very widely reported.

Next time, perhaps go with "Trac's management". At least that is far more believable, though CSM aren't exactly running short on clients who they could be meeting about.

Again read above. It’ll happen, just might not be this year.

The media do know about Trac meeting with Carlton. They’re keeping it under wraps. But I won’t post SS bomba to prove this, I don’t think anyone is grateful for me speaking the truth on here. In fact I sense jealously.

Collingwood themselves have zero capital. Saints are the only other team that are keen, fat chance of that he won’t entertain them Trac.

When I’m partying with several AFL boys this week and you’re drinking $5 wine on your couch just know that come October November you’ll be calling me scientifically proven

I said it’ll happen, it’s a matter of when not if. And I still back it happening even if it doesn’t happen this year

If you truly backed yourself, you wouldn’t have deleted your post after Viney re-signed.

The internet does not forget, and just remember, mods can see deleted posts.

When I’m partying with several AFL boys this week and you’re drinking $5 wine on your couch just know that come October November you’ll be calling me scientifically proven

At this rate I’m pretty sure you won’t be here in October/November.

Meanwhile, I don’t drink wine.

The pies don't have the currency to get this trade done.. Cameron took 3 firsts to get to Geelong and i reckon Petracca would cost about the same.

Please, Cameron trade irrelevant. He was a steal. Not even a single pointy-end pick. Nos 13, 15, 20. with 2 second-rounders coming back. Cats should have been done for theft ... and GWS should have been done for negligence.

Melbourne would want at least one proper first-round pick, so you are right in the fact that Collingwood don't have the currency. Unless Melbourne want to bet that we will finish 14-18 next year and accept a future first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back