Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

If Petracca wants to come to us, then it has to be on our terms, not their's. Melbourne themselves created this problem (i.e. a disgruntled player) so they have to not only wear the blame, be prepared to lose out on the deal.

Making him stay at the club because he is contracted is fair enough but not if it is a total deterrent to the bigger picture.

For us, we need to hear directly from him ...... "yes, I want to play at Carlton next year". After that is established, then we need to create a list of players we are prepared to part with as part of the deal, I keep hearing Cerra's name in that lot.

Our people need to come up with a creative package of sorts but one that does not "sell the farm" at the same time (McKay, Curnow & TDK are not on the market - end of story).

If the Dees are not prepared to take the deal from us that we put up, then bad luck, he stays put.

Petracca is a terrific player but his trade price & contract size are huge hurdles that could damage the basic structure & camerardierie that we have worked hard to build. Having said that, everyone is tradeable if the price is right.
Melbourne aren't going to bow to outside pressure. And just give him to you for cerra and a first

Essendon should go for him
Sure, he would be a great fit there... but I doubt he would go for Essendon.
I think it'll be the last straw for a lot of us if we go for Petracca. The only way I'd be happy to do it is if we trade Wright/Cox/Jones and Parish for Petracca. If they want picks, then no. No selling our future for a high risk and short-term gains.

Buckley hit the nail on the head this morning.

Dees can sit back and just wait for so called offers to roll in, up to the buying club/Tracs management to organise what that looks like and Dees hold the whip hand.
I don't mind your team mate, my parents are Dees supporters, and your club has some of the best posters going around on BF, so I don't say this with any schadenfreude attached.

What happened to Trac during the Pies game was nothing short of gross medical negligence and if he took the Dees to the FWC, I suspect the Dees wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

If Petracca is willing to lodge legal proceedings, and if this situation continues to escalate, especially while he's being gaslit by the peanut gallery in the media, its not the club who will hold the whip hand here at all.

Buckley hit the nail on the head this morning.

Dees can sit back and just wait for so called offers to roll in, up to the buying club/Tracs management to organise what that looks like and Dees hold the whip hand.

That's not how it works. According to nuffies in the Barrass thread, the club holding the contracted player has no 'leverage' because the player wants out and it's untenable, apparently...

Well McKay's manager ruled out McKay leaving to Melbourne so that's that. I don't see how Melbourne trade Petracca with what Carlton and Collingwood have to offer.

Now let's hope Essendon won't be the dumbest club in the league by trading for Petracca and selling their future.
How else are you supposed to honour the Dodo? Would be fitting...

Well McKay's manager ruled out McKay leaving to Melbourne so that's that. I don't see how Melbourne trade Petracca with what Carlton and Collingwood have to offer.

Now let's hope Essendon won't be the dumbest club in the league by trading for Petracca and selling their future.
Surely he'd be choosing a club like Geelong, Bulldogs or (shudder) Hawthorn over a club that's a fair way off contending like us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Petracca wants to come to us, then it has to be on our terms, not their's. Melbourne themselves created this problem (i.e. a disgruntled player) so they have to not only wear the blame, be prepared to lose out on the deal.

Making him stay at the club because he is contracted is fair enough but not if it is a total deterrent to the bigger picture.

For us, we need to hear directly from him ...... "yes, I want to play at Carlton next year". After that is established, then we need to create a list of players we are prepared to part with as part of the deal, I keep hearing Cerra's name in that lot.

Our people need to come up with a creative package of sorts but one that does not "sell the farm" at the same time (McKay, Curnow & TDK are not on the market - end of story).

If the Dees are not prepared to take the deal from us that we put up, then bad luck, he stays put.

Petracca is a terrific player but his trade price & contract size are huge hurdles that could damage the basic structure & camerardierie that we have worked hard to build. Having said that, everyone is tradeable if the price is right.
Cerra holds little trade value. You can’t put a heap of average players up in the hope the Dee’s take them for a superstar.

It would be like Curnow asking for a trade and the Dee’s offering Langdon as part of the deal.

Surely he'd be choosing a club like Geelong, Bulldogs or (shudder) Hawthorn over a club that's a fair way off contending like us.
He allegedly wants to play for a big Vic club with big crowds. One that can grow his social media following. Geelong probably play too many games in Geelong. Bulldogs are a small Vic club. Richmond are ruled out because they're rebuilding. Carlton and Collingwood likely won't be able to satisfy Melbourne, especially with Houston probably going to Carlton.

Essendon and Hawthorn are the only options left. Not sure how he feels about travelling to Tassie, but Hawthorn would be the perfect club for him and he would suit them as well.

I don't think the state of our list makes us a good fit and I hope Essendon realise that.

He allegedly wants to play for a big Vic club with big crowds. One that can grow his social media following. Geelong probably play too many games in Geelong. Bulldogs are a small Vic club. Richmond are ruled out because they're rebuilding. Carlton and Collingwood likely won't be able to satisfy Melbourne, especially with Houston probably going to Carlton.

Essendon and Hawthorn are the only options left. Not sure how he feels about travelling to Tassie, but Hawthorn would be the perfect club for him and he would suit them as well.

I don't think the state of our list makes us a good fit and I hope Essendon realise that.
If not, let's just hope we use the same people that made the Clarko pitch

I don't mind your team mate, my parents are Dees supporters, and your club has some of the best posters going around on BF, so I don't say this with any schadenfreude attached.

What happened to Trac during the Pies game was nothing short of gross medical negligence and if he took the Dees to the FWC, I suspect the Dees wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

If Petracca is willing to lodge legal proceedings, and if this situation continues to escalate, especially while he's being gaslit by the peanut gallery in the media, its not the club who will hold the whip hand here at all.

Don’t think his legal team have a leg to stand on after Trac posted publicly it was his decision to go back onto the ground. Doubt he also wants to wait months/years for any court proceedings to occur, so yes, Dees hold the whip hand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back