Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

I posted this on the Pies board years ago.

I was told by multiple people that Gary Pert was the biggest problem at Collingwood,

Eddie was the only person he got along with.

He created problems and relationship breakdowns and was never wrong, always blaming someone else.

Once the club got rid of him (he was given the option leave or be sacked) the club improved dramatically on and off the field.

He was described as a cancer in an internal review that was done from an outside company.

I'm absolutely amazed he is still at Melbourne, I'm amazed he has any role in the AFL.
He's pretty extraordinary the old Pert. He saw premierships at both Collingwood and Melbourne but soiled the club the years after that both flags are easily forgotten in the midst of what was going on. Should be shown the door ASAP

Is there behaviour or actions that could be considered selfish?
I wouldn't think so, would be insane not to second guess everything after an Injury like he had. Makes me angry and I don't even have skin in the game.

He's pretty extraordinary the old Pert. He saw premierships at both Collingwood and Melbourne but soiled the club the years after that both flags are easily forgotten in the midst of what was going on. Should be shown the door ASAP
Problem is the Pert Goodwin and The Prez are all in cahoots. There’ll need to be seismic shift to see a shake up as it stands.

I doubt any trade gets done, and they make up for the next 12 months but then goes to Collingwood or another big melbourne based team in 2026.

If he wants to stay in Victoria, then I hope he goes to St Kilda. They get a gun midfielder, and give up Max King and pick 7 and maybe another later pick.
I think both teams would benefit and be able to so a deal but ultimately its Petracca who wants to leave, and he's probably going to nominate which clubs he's happy to be traded to. If he's too selective, he's going to stay at the Dees

I just can't see how any trade gets done. There's a bit of buyer beware with him, he's on a million a year and is at the wrong end of 20. On top of that, Melbourne would be wanting two firsts, which I dont know who has that from a big Vic club.
You hit the nail on the head he is going to be 29 next season.

Judd was 24 when he was traded and only fetched Kennedy one first and a second.

That interview doesn't convince me that he'll ever get back to his best. Very much sounds like he is struggling with the mental trauma of the injury, which is fair enough.
Once you have been through a life-threatening medical emergency like his you're never the same again, both physically and mentally.

Doesn't matter how mentally strong you think you are, you're not the same person once you've been through it. I'll guarantee he has been to the darkest depths mentally while he has been away from the club. The absolute darkest of places.

Especially so if it's true that he feels that he wasn't looked after correctly.

And then for Garry Lyon to come out and say he has to "suck it up" just show the mentally within the club. It's no wonder he wants to leave. I can't blame him at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You hit the nail on the head he is going to be 29 next season.

Judd was 24 when he was traded and only fetched Kennedy one first and a second.
Kennedy was a pick 4 and we got pick 3 and 20 on top, so 3, 4, and 20 for Judd and a late pick

2 firsts could be 2 picks in the teens too. picks 12 and 15 for example is a long way off what Judd got

Once you have been through a life-threatening medical emergency like his you're never the same again, both physically and mentally.

Doesn't matter how mentally strong you think you are, you're not the same person once you've been through it. I'll guarantee he has been to the darkest depths mentally while he has been away from the club. The absolute darkest of places.

Especially so if it's true that he feels that he wasn't looked after correctly.

And then for Garry Lyon to come out and say he has to "suck it up" just show the mentally within the club. It's no wonder he wants to leave. I can't blame him at all.

Totally. Lyon showing his true colors at the moment.

If Melbourne refuse to trade Petracca, can he in turn refuse to play for them? Would he lose his income?
I'd imagine he would, as did Cam McCarthy who sat a year of football out.
Failing to fulfil contractual obligations.

It would be pretty long odds on Petracca sitting a year out though. By the sounds of it still has a lot of mates at the club (e.g. May)

Noble to GC for Pick 20

Future 1st and Pick 20 to Dees
Petracca to Pies

Oh and Trac gets to wear number 9

Ridiculously bad deal for everyone except Collingwood.

Dees have only got themselves to blame but they’ve put themselves in a no win situation here

They’re either going to have a very pissed off star player who doesn’t want to be at the club

Or they’ll have to swallow getting less than full value for him in a trade because they certainly won’t be in a position to drive a hard bargain

Some other team is probably going to get a bargain

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back