Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance Essendon make a play for him?

Big Melbourne club, in win-now mode, could offer the Dees a package based around pick 8, their future first and a big key forward like Peter Wright (yes I know he was out of form and favour this year).

Essendon have the will and the cap space. Also a decent pick in 8.

8,F1 and Peter Wright plus taking all the contract? Dunno. Melb probably want more. If dons can turn that F1 from a future to a top 10 pick now I think Melbourne need to consider it.

Again, we will see.

You seem to flat out be against Collingwood and Petracca. Why is that?
Im not against it. Im just seeing the complete nuffy comments like yours that you think youll get him for next to nothing.
You just have no assets to trade with

Noble + your F1 which is likely to be between 9 and 14 is a long way off the mark

Im not against it. Im just seeing the complete nuffy comments like yours that you think youll get him for next to nothing.
You just have no assets to trade with

Noble + your F1 which is likely to be between 9 and 14 is a long way off the mark
What’s so “nuffy” about it?

When a player wants out desperately then the power shifts

I'd imagine he would, as did Cam McCarthy who sat a year of football out.
Failing to fulfil contractual obligations.

It would be pretty long odds on Petracca sitting a year out though. By the sounds of it still has a lot of mates at the club (e.g. May)
Yeah I don't see him doing so. But the threat of it may reduce Melbourne's insistence on keeping him if he is adamant on leaving. Especially if bridges have already been burned -> what's the point on holding onto him if he refuses to play?
I assume, even if he wouldn't be getting paid, it would be part of their salary cap.

Probably easier to sack Goodwin tbh

It shifts away from the club that the player wants out from, as in power away from the Pies.
You can hold him and he can be disgruntled for another year, or you can take whats offered which as its Gold Coast you know will be more than fair.

Expect 34, ask for more and be very happy if you get it.

Pick 20 is actual good player areas.

It shifts away from the club that the player wants out from, as in power away from the Pies.
You can hold him and he can be disgruntled for another year, or you can take whats offered which as its Gold Coast you know will be more than fair.

sorry, are you talking about Petracca or Noble?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t see how it shifts power from Collingwood but I guarantee Pies will be after that pick 20.

Plenty to unfold, all I know is “if” Collingwood is Petraccas requested destination, Nobles trade requested has helped the Pies in this area. We will see.

I don’t see how it shifts power from Collingwood but I guarantee Pies will be after that pick 20.

Plenty to unfold, all I know is “if” Collingwood is Petraccas requested destination, Nobles trade requested has helped the Pies in this area. We will see.
For sure it helps, but id imagine you need another 1st rounder from somewhere if you want him.

2x 1st rounders in the teens + pick 26 lets say for Noble if GC are generous might tempt Melbourne enough if the situation with Petracca cant be fixed.

Carlton and Collingwood likely won't be able to satisfy Melbourne, especially with Houston probably going to Carlton.

We're not locked into Houston.

We could offer 2 x 1sts (this year and nexts). We trade out Martin and Caroll out West, and Pittonet also gets traded out in the Ruck merry go round. There have been offers for Owies from a few clubs as well. Somehwhere in the middle of that we should be able to upgrade a 2nd into another 1st.

That's 3 x 1sts. Not low firsts, but it's 3 x 1sts. Probably around the best we could offer.

We have enough cap space for Houston. Forgoing on Houston, and trading out Owies, Martin and Pittonet, and we should have space for Petracca.

sorry, are you talking about Petracca or Noble?
Both.
Melbourne will no doubt have to take under what theyd ideally like if a trade happens.
Noble is worth a pick in the 30s, Pies can ask for 20 or 26 but they wont get overs if the guy doesnt want to be there.

Don’t think his legal team have a leg to stand on after Trac posted publicly it was his decision to go back onto the ground.

1. Every player is going to say they want to go back out on the ground.

2. The Player doesnt decide if they're playing, the Medicos (and Coach) do. On behalf of the club.

Let me try and explain.
McKay and a pick was yesterdays rumour.
Noble and a equally bad pick does not get close.
For example if he chooses north our pick 2 would probably not be enough. No one would trade pick 2 for noble and your future first.

We're not locked into Houston.

We could offer 2 x 1sts (this year and nexts). We trade out Martin and Caroll out West, and Pittonet also gets traded out in the Ruck merry go round. There have been offers for Owies from a few clubs as well. Somehwhere in the middle of that we should be able to upgrade a 2nd into another 1st.

That's 3 x 1sts. Not low firsts, but it's 3 x 1sts. Probably around the best we could offer.

We have enough cap space for Houston. Forgoing on Houston, and trading out Owies, Martin and Pittonet, and we should have space for Petracca.
You’d trade out your best small forward ??

1. Every player is going to say they want to go back out on the ground.

2. The Player doesnt decide if they're playing, the Medicos (and Coach) do. On behalf of the club.
Exactly, the medicos should have told him no, he cant go back out. The fact they left it in the players hands was a huge **** up.
The Doctors at Melbourne didnt do their job correctly

Don’t think his legal team have a leg to stand on after Trac posted publicly it was his decision to go back onto the ground. Doubt he also wants to wait months/years for any court proceedings to occur, so yes, Dees hold the whip hand.
Club doctors still have a duty of care to their players.

Do you reckon many concussed players want to get subbed out?

Both.
Melbourne will no doubt have to take under what theyd ideally like if a trade happens.
Noble is worth a pick in the 30s, Pies can ask for 20 or 26 but they wont get overs if the guy doesnt want to be there.
I think a 2nd round pick is fair for Noble, which is a pick in the 30s. The Pies wouldn't stop it from happening, but who knows, there may be a player they have in mind, so will be interesting to see what they get.

On another point, what's it with clubs offering 4 year deals? Port offered Richards 4 yrs after playing half a dozen games, and now GC offering Noble 4 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Christian Petracca [UFA 2029]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back