Clarko magic / inspiration required

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 21, 2007
VIC
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just looking at our side named... I just think we are going to struggle against the dogs... they have had very good pressure in the forward line this year with Hahn leading the way. We lacked polish last week bringing the ball out.. turned it over numerous times in the middle with handballs and short passes that missed targets.

I'm just wondering if there is a chance for us to shuffle things around a little to get some better users of the pill in the back half.

Morton to a forward pocket... Willo to the Half back flank???

If we turn it over on the rebound v's the dogs they will cut us to ribbons.. Aker, Murphy, Johnson, Cooney

any ideas??

Come on Clarko give us something inspirational

Yer i agree with you here. But as for willow in any position rather then his flanking role he is doing with great success would be foolish.

Definately going to be the toughest game of the year so far with our injuries and form.. Bulldogs angry about last week..

But thankfully no matter what happens we have Essendon the week after to regain or improve form :thumbsu:

Do you think we are giving Bulldogs too much credit?

Let's not forget the following:
  • Hawks smashed them last year by 84 pts in Round 21!
  • Bulldogs win/loss ratio in 2008 has been highly exaggerated!!
  • They just escaped with 2 last gasp wins over Adelaide & Freo (Hawks beat them both comftorbly)
  • They drew with Richmond (Hawks never looked like losing and beat them)
  • They lost to Nth Melb (Hawks beat them)
Their only notable win so far has been against Sydney at the SCG.

Their other wins have come at the expense of Melbourne, West Coast, Essendon (all in the bottom 4) & St.Kilda.

They have never played at Aurora Stadium.

We own Aurora!!! :thumbsu:

Yes we are giving too much credit to the Dogs.The Hawks will step up a gear even though we might be light on for this weeks important game.We still have a lot of class players there and if Buddy brings his 'A' grade game the Bulldogs will be in trouble.

Really, the injuries we have have come to our centre/wing/flank areas.

This will somewhat dampen our forward thrust and also our rebounding from the backline.

I expect though that clarko will be right in on the defence and forwards to be on their game and we can win. We just need to convert when the ball gets there, and stop them converting. Simple.

Mitch, Sewell and Lewis and Batemen are still 4 bloody good midfielders. Ladson is a great rotation. We can handle this.

I am going to be the first to say, although the injuries won't help, they should not and will not be used as an excuse to lose.

Do you think we are giving Bulldogs too much credit?

Let's not forget the following:
  • Hawks smashed them last year by 84 pts in Round 21!
  • Bulldogs win/loss ratio in 2008 has been highly exaggerated!!
  • They just escaped with 2 last gasp wins over Adelaide & Freo (Hawks beat them both comftorbly)
  • They drew with Richmond (Hawks never looked like losing and beat them)
  • They lost to Nth Melb (Hawks beat them)
Their only notable win so far has been against Sydney at the SCG.

Their other wins have come at the expense of Melbourne, West Coast, Essendon (all in the bottom 4) & St.Kilda.

They have never played at Aurora Stadium.

We own Aurora!!! :thumbsu:

none of that means anything, now is all that matters and we are missing some realy important players.....

i,m realy worried about this one...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is exactly the kind of challenge we've faced already this season.
Freo -R2, Nth - R3, Bris - R5, Pies - R7, Port -R8. We've met every challenge. I reckon our team will find a way to win in this game as they have in every other because the belief and resolve is really there this year. Sure, the doggies are playing good footy but in nearly every game they've played the opposition has been on top for a period of time and they've let the intesity slip. I'll back our guys to really put the heat on and deny them the time and space they like to play in.

This is exactly the kind of challenge we've faced already this season.
Freo -R2, Nth - R3, Bris - R5, Pies - R7, Port -R8. We've met every challenge. I reckon our team will find a way to win in this game as they have in every other because the belief and resolve is really there this year. Sure, the doggies are playing good footy but in nearly every game they've played the opposition has been on top for a period of time and they've let the intesity slip. I'll back our guys to really put the heat on and deny them the time and space they like to play in.

richmond, port, lions, melb, roos all were hit the front at some stage through out the games... we still played with intense footy but still if we give the dogs the lead like we have againts port and the dees then i think their confidance will increase and aka will take over..

i can not handle it if we loose another 1st quarter especaily againts such a top quality side...

none of that means anything, now is all that matters and we are missing some realy important players.....

i,m realy worried about this one...

Disagree. Definitely means alot. Definitely, as in, no doubt, 100%, positively.

How can you not take into account that the bulldaogs have only played at Aurora once and got smashed to bits back in 2003, managing just 3 goals for the game :eek: while the hawks have an awesome record and have played many, many more games there. Blatant stupidity to over look this...

The fact that we have accounted for many teams that they struggled against is also a telling fact givin that it is recent form.

The biggest one is Buddy! Not only did we smash the Dogs to the tune of 84 points only 8 months ago.......Franklin kicked 2 goals 11 behinds!!!
Change that to just 6.5 and the hawks would have won by a 100+! Again, to overlook this and just take into account our injuries as a measuring stick is ridiculous...Hawks by 24 (yes.....the dogs have improved......not enough though)

Just my 2 cents....

Disagree. Definitely means alot. Definitely, as in, no doubt, 100%, positively.

How can you not take into account that the bulldaogs have only played at Aurora once and got smashed to bits back in 2003, managing just 3 goals for the game :eek: while the hawks have an awesome record and have played many, many more games there. Blatant stupidity to over look this...

The fact that we have accounted for many teams that they struggled against is also a telling fact givin that it is recent form.

The biggest one is Buddy! Not only did we smash the Dogs to the tune of 84 points only 8 months ago.......Franklin kicked 2 goals 11 behinds!!!
Change that to just 6.5 and the hawks would have won by a 100+! Again, to overlook this and just take into account our injuries as a measuring stick is ridiculous...Hawks by 24 (yes.....the dogs have improved......not enough though)

Just my 2 cents....

all that makes good sense and if we win on saturday i will come in here and thank you for the confidance booster..but the way aka is playing and hann and murphy looks like its going to be a slugfest for the 1st 3 quarters till some one gets a hold on the game...

but your 2 cents worth has made me feel little bit at ease......

all that makes good sense and if we win on saturday i will come in here and thank you for the confidance booster..but the way aka is playing and hann and murphy looks like its going to be a slugfest for the 1st 3 quarters till some one gets a hold on the game...

but your 2 cents worth has made me feel little bit at ease......

Lol. Well guess what! I think I might just backflip and say that it will be alot closer than I first thought. Word on the street is we will be without a few stars.....My guess: Croad, and possibly Campbell, or Taylor. In would be Renouf and Dawson judging by the emergencies me thinks...:confused: Again, just a guess and I hope I'm wrong...

Hawks by 2 points :eek::p

Does anyone know how the doggies have gone in their last quarter's this year - despite our weakened midfield i reckon our fitness is our biggest asset this week. i only saw highlights of their game last week and i didn't see aker get one hard ball. so if someone can shut him down, we're already up by 3 goals.

should be a great game!

Not confident about this one at all. Our outs in the midfield are significant and last week we saw what a slight drop in output through the midfield means in terms of quality of ball supply to Buddy and co.

I rate the doggies as a team and I rate Eade as a coach.

Their fast ball movement, as well as their tendency to play quick and direct is a definite threat to Clarko's cluster.

I hope we win but emotionally (and financially) I have covered myself - I plonked 50 clams on the doggies when they were at $2.85 with sportsbet.

Either way I can't lose.:p

I know that Xavier has been playing well and improving every week it seems.

Not to put pressure on the guy or to expect it but how good would it be if he stood up and had his break out game this week?

Imagine if he played a HB clean up, run and deliver role and got 30 touches and quaterbacked the game from there in a BOG performance.

I hope Clarko gets in his ear

Waterboy_2.jpg

"YOU CAN DO IT!!!"

I won't slag him if he doesn't do it but it would be awesome.

I think last week was positive because it was a slump we had to have, like some of the other form teams, but we managed to hold on! We are a far better team than the outfit that has been beaten by the Dogs previously. I can remember pulling my hair out in the past as the Hawks bombed long to the forward 50, only for the Dogs defenders to block successfully, and Lake to take mark after mark after mark. That WILL NOT happen anymore.

Its true, our midfield needs to be on our game, but we have a far better forward line than their backline, and we need to ensure we support our backline in their endeavours against the Dogs forwards.

We have the home ground advantage, and perhaps you're Kennedy and Morton's will be more relaxed with a game under the belt, and in less intimidating surrounds. Neither of them struggled to get the pill, it just broke down across half forward with some wayward kicking.

I also think our rucks can stand up decisively against Minson and Hudson.

Edit: Also, anyone who thinks we will be up against an angry Bulldogs team due to the late miss...spare a thought for the absolute ROCKET that AC would have delivered after we just hung on against the Dees. AC is good in front of the media, but don't for a second think that he wouldn't have delivered a tirade!

I think last week was positive because it was a slump we had to have, like some of the other form teams, but we managed to hold on! We are a far better team than the outfit that has been beaten by the Dogs previously. I can remember pulling my hair out in the past as the Hawks bombed long to the forward 50, only for the Dogs defenders to block successfully, and Lake to take mark after mark after mark. That WILL NOT happen anymore.

Its true, our midfield needs to be on our game, but we have a far better forward line than their backline, and we need to ensure we support our backline in their endeavours against the Dogs forwards.

We have the home ground advantage, and perhaps you're Kennedy and Morton's will be more relaxed with a game under the belt, and in less intimidating surrounds. Neither of them struggled to get the pill, it just broke down across half forward with some wayward kicking.

I also think our rucks can stand up decisively against Minson and Hudson.

Edit: Also, anyone who thinks we will be up against an angry Bulldogs team due to the late miss...spare a thought for the absolute ROCKET that AC would have delivered after we just hung on against the Dees. AC is good in front of the media, but don't for a second think that he wouldn't have delivered a tirade!

Yeah good point, Kennedy and Morton will be all the better for the run and win last week. Hopefully the Bullies forget to put pressure on these two and they are able to have an impact.

Lol. Well guess what! I think I might just backflip and say that it will be alot closer than I first thought. Word on the street is we will be without a few stars.....My guess: Croad, and possibly Campbell, or Taylor. In would be Renouf and Dawson judging by the emergencies me thinks...:confused: Again, just a guess and I hope I'm wrong...

Hawks by 2 points :eek::p

what makes you think it could be croad and either campbell or talyes?

lol you are suppose to make me feel at ease...:(

oh well if we loose atleast we didnt loose with a full strength side coz then that would be bad..

Guys,

One thing is the emergencies have flown down to tassie with the team as the guys are expected to train later today.

That always happens. You think that there are going to be some changes all because people don't train. Some of the older players don't have to train and Croady is one of those older players.

The players need a lot of encouragement to get the job done. Perhaps they should get Hawk legend Peter hudson and John Kennedy snr at the ground and address the guys in their team meeting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarko magic / inspiration required

Remove this Banner Ad

Back