DavidInellaFanClub

Team Captain
Sep 27, 2005
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Whose home game is it,surely one of the Pies and Blues should be wearing their clash jumper, either pies with black shorts and blues with clash strip, or vice versa, in this day and age, this should never happen.

Collingwood wore the clash for the first game, Carlton should have worn the clash for this one. Regardless of stripes or whatever, it should be light v dark. Carlton should have been light as Collingwood's home jumper is dark. Simple.

Being at the game, wasn't really a big issue.. although Collingwood probably should've worn the white shorts instead of Carlton.

Being at the game, wasn't really a big issue.. although Collingwood probably should've worn the white shorts instead of Carlton.

Yay, someone is making some sense for once.

When a game such as this is played I can't believe the two teams can't just get together and work it out:

Carlton - wear dark shorts and dark jumper
Pies - wear white shorts and predom. white top.

really folks, it's not that hard...

What clash, one team had stripes, one didn't. :confused:

FFS, get your eyes checked. :rolleyes:

Nevermind the obvious that both sides has dark backs with white lettering, dark shorts and dark socks :rolleyes:

Try actually paying attention to what people are talking about Mantis, instead of closing your eyes, sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting out

"la la la la there is no clash, la la la la"

When a game such as this is played I can't believe the two teams can't just get together and work it out:

Given it was Collingwood's home game, the onus should have been on Carlton to wear their clash strip

give this guy a job at the AFL where he can work with the others of his own ilk. :rolleyes: do you really expect either one of carlton or collingwood (or most other teams) to consistently back down to the other??

the afl rules are pathetic......they insist some match-day teams must accommodate for the similarity of their strips, and others (mainly when the the match-day teams are traditional rivals like today) dont have to, even tho the uniforms of the latter may cause just as much confusion.

once again, the ____wits at the AFL need to implement and enforce clear and easy to understand rules on match-day uniforms which apply equally to all 16 clubs and in all situations. It's not up to the clubs to resolve, its up to the AFL to regulate the issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only mistake made was the shorts collingwood should have had white shorts and carlton blue, if we wore our white clash jumper it would have made things worse

I had no trouble telling the teams apart. Maybe I just have better vision than most people.
How'd ya come up with that zinger?!!?!!ONE!?!!?!? :rolleyes:

Carlton should have worn their white strip. In a professional league, that is supposed to be the biggest in this country, we shouldn't have games where one team wears dark with white, and the other team wears.....dark with white, should we?

Although you could tell the teams apart well enough most of the time, no one can say that it wasn't incredibly messy at times.

I had no trouble telling the teams apart. Maybe I just have better vision than most people.

Yep. There is no clash. In fact there are very few.

People won't be happy until one team wears pink and the other yellow.

I was sitting in the back row at the top of the southern stand and had no problems, and never have. So people watching on tv should be fine, right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Clash Jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Back